Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of eyelaser's message #10729958 « Early Father's Day Present-1st WTK(+1added) »

eyelaser
Upload & Sell: Off
Early Father's Day Present-1st WTK

My son and I came back from a 5 hour, 10 mile hike at Andrew Molera State Park, that left me sore to say the least. I carried my 1D4 with 70-300L attached but had my 500mm in my backpack along with other stuff...I am sure I will pay for it in the morning.
Anyway, back at the Inn I saw a white bird take off across the field but never saw it land and completely forgot about it until I saw it again when it landed in a large evergreen tree. Well, what do you know, a White Tailed Kite. This is my first (there was actually a pair but we never saw them interact although there was a lot of calling back and forth.)
So I trudged out with my camera/500mm and 1.4tc and shot some images. Of course, I never calibrated this set up when the camera was returned from Canon for a major overhaul so most of the images are soft despite taking shots on a tripod (aaargh!) But I did get a few decent images and since it was my first ever WTK you all have to put up with my less than stellar images compared to the ones posted recently by a bunch of very talented FMers. I spent the evening calibrating so I hope to get shots first thing in the morning if they are still on the property.
Here goes...and oh by the way....HAPPY FATHER\'S DAY to all.
Eric

Jun 17, 2012 at 02:38 AM

Previous versions of eyelaser's message #10729958 « Early Father's Day Present-1st WTK(+1added) »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.