Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of sjms's message #10622281 « XQD error »

sjms
Upload & Sell: On
Re: XQD error

it has many times as chronicled here and there.

so we should just sit back and rest on our laurels?

again there is nothing new under the sun here that does not exist in other equipment such as your computer itself (you know like PCIe [which this is]). its just been brought together (implemented) in yet another product. i live and breath multiple technologies in what i do. this is much ado about nothing to me. the sky is not falling. i shoot news and such for the NPS (National Park Svc) here in the US part time all over. i move/shoot around with other news groups as Reuters AP and such. as far as gear goes in the past 2 months there has been a quick turnover to the D4 some even the D800. so your heavy D3s users are just one group (wedding shooters i deduce) in a considerably larger field of use. you can believe what you wish. i believe that XQD is closer to a nail in the coffin of standard CF but it will take some time to work its way in. i like them so far. faster at read and write, and this is only the baseline not even the A revision. better interconnect. no longer a 50 pin array. somewhat more compact yet it is robust physically. in this case i have no issues being the crash test dummy.

a limited view limits the viewer

May 12, 2012 at 07:46 PM
sjms

it has many times as chronicaled here and there.

again there is nothing new under the sun here that does not exist in other equipment such as your computer itself (you know like PCIe [which this is]). its just been brought together (implemented) in yet another product. i live and breath multiple technologies in what i do. this is much ado about nothing to me. the sky is not falling. i shoot news and such for the NPS (National Park Svc) here in the US part time all over. i move/shoot around with other news groups as Reuters AP and such. as far as gear goes in the past 2 months there has been a quick turnover to the D4 some even the D800. so your heavy D3s users are just one group (wedding shooters i deduce) in a considerably larger field of use. you can believe what you wish. i believe that XQD is closer to a nail in the coffin of standard CF but it will take some time to work its way in. i like them so far. faster at read and write, and this is only the baseline not even the A revision. better interconnect. no longer a 50 pin array. somewhat more compact yet it is robust physically. in this case i have no issues being the crash test dummy.

May 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM
sjms

again there is nothing new under the sun here that does not exist in other equipment such as your computer itself (you know like PCIe [which this is]). its just been brought together (implemented) in yet another product. i live and breath multiple technologies in what i do. this is much ado about nothing to me. the sky is not falling. i shoot news and such for the NPS (National Park Svc) here in the US part time all over. i move/shoot around with other news groups as Reuters AP and such. as far as gear goes in the past 2 months there has been a quick turnover to the D4 some even the D800. so your heavy D3s users are just one group (wedding shooters i deduce) in a considerably larger field of use. you can believe what you wish. i believe that XQD is closer to a nail in the coffin of standard CF but it will take some time to work its way in. i like them so far. fast art read and write and this is only the baseline not even the A revision. in this case i have no issues being the crash test dummy.

May 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM
sjms

again there is nothing new under the sun here that does not exist in other equipment such as your computer itself (you know like PCIe [which this is]). its just been brought together in yet another product. i live and breath multiple technologies in what i do. this is much ado about nothing to me. the sky is not falling. i shoot news and such for the NPS (National Park Svc) here in the US part time all over. i move/shoot around with other news groups as Reuters AP and such. as far as gear goes in the past 2 months there has been a quick turnover to the D4 some even the D800. so your heavy D3s users are just one group (wedding shooters i deduce) in a considerably larger field of use. you can believe what you wish. i believe that XQD is closer to a nail in the coffin of standard CF but it will take some time to work its way in. i like them so far. fast art read and write and this is only the baseline not even the A revision. in this case i have no issues being the crash test dummy.

May 12, 2012 at 10:26 AM
sjms

again there is nothing new under the sun here that does not exist in other equipment such as your computer itself (you know PCIe [which this is]). its just been brought together in yet another product. i live and breath multiple technologies in what i do. this is much ado about nothing to me. the sky is not falling. i shoot news and such for the NPS (National Park Svc) here in the US part time all over. i move/shoot around with other news groups as Reuters AP and such. as far as gear goes in the past 2 months there has been a quick turnover to the D4 some even the D800. so your heavy D3s users are just one group (wedding shooters i deduce) in a considerably larger field of use. you can believe what you wish. i believe that XQD is closer to a nail in the coffin of standard CF but it will take some time to work its way in. i like them so far. fast art read and write and this is only the baseline not even the A revision. in this case i have no issues being the crash test dummy.

May 12, 2012 at 10:25 AM
sjms

again there is nothing new under the sun here that does not exist in other equipment such as your computer itself (you know PCIe). its just been brought together in yet another product. i live and breath multiple technologies in what i do. this is much ado about nothing to me. the sky is not falling. i shoot news and such for the NPS (National Park Svc) here in the US part time all over. i move/shoot around with other news groups as Reuters AP and such. as far as gear goes in the past 2 months there has been a quick turnover to the D4 some even the D800. so your heavy D3s users are just one group (wedding shooters i deduce) in a considerably larger field of use. you can believe what you wish. i believe that XQD is closer to a nail in the coffin of standard CF but it will take some time to work its way in. i like them so far. fast art read and write and this is only the baseline not even the A revision. in this case i have no issues being the crash test dummy.

May 12, 2012 at 09:38 AM
sjms

again there is nothing new under the sun here that does not exist in other equipment such as your computer itself. it just been brought together in yet another product. i live and breath multiple technologies in what i do. this is much ado about nothing to me. the sky is not falling. i shoot news and such for the NPS (National Park Svc) here in the US part time all over. i move/shoot around with other news groups as Reuters AP and such. as far as gear goes in the past 2 months there has been a quick turnover to the D4 some even the D800. so your heavy D3s users are just one group (wedding shooters i deduce) in a considerably larger field of use. you can believe what you wish. i believe that XQD is closer to a nail in the coffin of standard CF but it will take some time to work its way in. i like them so far. fast art read and write and this is only the baseline not even the A revision. in this case i have no issues being the crash test dummy.

May 12, 2012 at 09:36 AM
sjms

again there is nothing new under the sun here that does not exist in other equipment such as your computer itself. it just been brought together in yet another product. i live and breath multiple technologies in what i do. this is much ado about nothing to me. the sky is not falling. i shoot news and such for the NPS (National Park Svc) here in the US part time all over. i move/shoot around with other news groups as Reuters AP and such. as far as gear goes in the past 2 months there has been a quick turnover to the D4 some even the D800. so your heavy D3s users are just one group (wedding shooters i deduce) in a considerably larger field of use. you can believe what you wish. i believe that XQD is closer to a nail in the coffin of standard CF. in this case i have no issues being the crash test dummy.

May 11, 2012 at 03:48 PM
sjms

again there is nothing new under the sun here that does not exist in other equipment such as your computer itself. it just been brought together in yet another product. i live and breath multiple technologies in what i do. this is much ado about nothing to me. the sky is not falling. i shoot news and such for the NPS (National Park Svc) here in the US part time all over. i move/shoot around with other news groups as Reuters AP and such. as far as gear goes in the past 2 months there has been a quick turnover to the D4 some even the D800. so your heavy D3s users are just one group (wedding shooters) in a considerably larger field of use. you can believe what you wish. i believe that XQD is closer to a nail in the coffin of standard CF. in this case i have no issues being the crash test dummy.

May 11, 2012 at 07:52 AM
sjms

again there is nothing new under the sun here that does not exist in other equipment such as your computer itself. it just been brought together in yet another product. i live and breath multiple technologies in what i do. this is much ado about nothing to me. the sky is not falling. i shoot news and such for the NPS (National Park Svc) here in the US part time all over. i move/shoot around with other news groups as Reuters AP and such. as far as gear goes in the past 2 months there has been a quick turnover to the D4 some even the D800. so your heavy D3s users are just one group (wedding crashers) in a considerably larger field of use. you can believe what you wish. i believe that XQD is closer to a nail in the coffin of standard CF. in this case i have no issues being the crash test dummy.

May 11, 2012 at 07:51 AM
sjms

again there is nothing new under the sun here that does not exist in other equipment such as your computer itself. it just been brought together in yet another product. i live and breath multiple technologies in what i do. this is much ado about nothing to me. the sky is not falling. i shoot news and such for the NPS (National Park Svc) here in the US part time all over. i move/shoot around with other news groups as Reuters AP and such. as far as gear goes in the past 2 months there has been a quick turnover to the D4 some even the D800. so your heavy D3s users are just one group (wedding crashers) in a considerably larger field of use. you can believe what you wish. i believe that XQD is closer to a nail in the coffin of standard CF.

May 11, 2012 at 07:51 AM
sjms

again there is nothing new under the sun here that does not exist in other equipment such as your computer itself. it just been brought together in yet another product. i live and breath multiple technologies in what i do. this is much ado about nothing to me. the sky is not falling. i shoot news and such for the NPS (National Park Svc) here in the US part time all over. i move/shoot around with other news groups as Reuters AP and such. as far as gear goes in the past 2 months there has been a quick turnover to the D4 some even the D800. so your heavy D3s users are just one group in the very much larger field. you can believe what you wish. i believe that XQD is closer to a nail in the coffin of standard CF.

May 10, 2012 at 09:29 AM

Previous versions of sjms's message #10622281 « XQD error »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.