Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of Bernie's message #10607626 « Why do Nikon images look sharper and better to me? Please help another undecided. »

Bernie
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Why do Nikon images look sharper and better to me? Pleas...

The cameras' color palettes are different, so you might be drawn by that. Canon has a history of focus issues, so that may be an influencer.

Also, it can take a trained eye to note certain things like focus, focus point, as well as color. This can be something one is born with and / or developed over a period of years. Often those with more expensive gear have more years and / or natural ability to note in-focus shots and that's what you see posted.

Also, the type of noise that Nikon cameras produce has been called more film-like, which can also be pleasing. I believe that this type of controlled digital noise is also capable of being sharpened more and better.

A personal observation and generalization: There are certain groups of individuals who like to show off their f1.4 lenses with razor thin focal planes, shooting them hand held. The focal planes are so thin, that one's bodily sway (photographer or subject) can affect whether the end result is in focus or not.

May 05, 2012 at 03:11 PM

Previous versions of Bernie's message #10607626 « Why do Nikon images look sharper and better to me? Please help another undecided. »