Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Previous versions of Yohan Pamudji's message #10494617 « 5d M III Viewfinder illumination and af points! »

Yohan Pamudji
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: 5d M III Viewfinder illumination and af points!

AGeoJO wrote:
Yohan Pamudji wrote:
In dim light I\'d rather have a red illuminated box than a black non-illuminated box around the active AF point at the start of AF. I can\'t speak specifically to the 5DIII not owning one, but I\'ve shot in lighting conditions where the black box would be very difficult if not impossible to see. Obviously it doesn\'t bother some people, but it would be great to have the option to flash the red box at the beginning of AF.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here. If you set the AF illumination to \"on\" it does lit each when you move that around and if it nails the focus. In that respect, it just behaves like a 5D Mark II or even the 1D Mark IV. If you set it to \"auto\", it will depend on the available light, it may be on, or it may not.

Just to clarify, I\'m talking about having already set the AF point and just using it, not moving it around. I figured that it would show a red box while you\'re moving the selected point around, otherwise that would be really insane But if I set the AF point a few minutes ago and haven\'t moved it around, when I start focusing does the red box flash? That\'s what every Canon camera I\'ve used does although I haven\'t used the 7D.

Mar 30, 2012 at 09:51 PM

Previous versions of Yohan Pamudji's message #10494617 « 5d M III Viewfinder illumination and af points! »

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.