Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of skibum5's message #10410132 « Tried the 5Dmk3 and 200-400 at Focus (FOI) »

skibum5
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Tried the 5Dmk3 and 200-400 at Focus (FOI)

Bones74 wrote:
skibum5 wrote:

I don't quite believe that since they would need an insane efficiency level. But if it manages 1 true stop better in RAW that would be nice. Maybe it does.
It is a bit odd that at first Canon said that a good chunk of it was from jpg processing and then they said some of it was and now they say nearly none of it is.

Trust me, I started to give the guy funny looks when he made these claims (for the RAW files)... He said "the 5Dmk2 has a two stop advantage over the 5D and the 5Dmk3 has a 2 stop advantage over the 5Dmk2 so the 5Dmk3 has a 4 stop advantage over the 5D" and then he grinned like he was personally responsible for this amazing feat of engineering that may or may not be true Time will tell.

Considering that once you normalize for the way the 5D2 rates ISOs differently than the 5D, that it actually only has just barely 1/2 stop better SNR then applying that translation to his statement means that the 5D3 will be not quite 1/2 stop better in RAW than the 5D2.

Mar 05, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Previous versions of skibum5's message #10410132 « Tried the 5Dmk3 and 200-400 at Focus (FOI) »