Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of AGeoJO's message #10409672 « Tried the 5Dmk3 and 200-400 at Focus (FOI) »

AGeoJO
Upload & Sell: On
Re: Tried the 5Dmk3 and 200-400 at Focus (FOI)

Bones74 wrote:
Regarding the 5Dmk3, I viewed a preview (at 100% mag) of a RAW file on the rear LCD at ISO 6400; "WOW!" Any other file characteristics aside, the ISO performance is astounding. The Canon rep claimed a two stop advantage over the 5Dmk2 for RAW, not jpg, and I'm inclined to believe it based on what I saw (proper tests of a production body may confirm or not). Its certainly looks 2 stops better than the 1Dmk4. He also claimed that the 1Dx would have negligible ISO advantage over the 5Dmk3. ie almost identical.

Not to take away from the apparently low high ISO noise here but what you see on the preview is JPG though. And the JPG files do have 2-stop better noise level than that of the 5D Mark III. If the Canon rep's name is Chuck Westfall, then it would be different and I would take that piece of data/information to the bank. But for right now, I would rather wait before drawing any conclusions.

Mar 05, 2012 at 08:42 PM

Previous versions of AGeoJO's message #10409672 « Tried the 5Dmk3 and 200-400 at Focus (FOI) »