Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of michaelwatkins's message #10379235 « Still no love for the Ricoh GXR? »

michaelwatkins
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Still no love for the Ricoh GXR?

Thanks, everyone, for your feedback.

I've been contemplating selling my 75/2.5, and not for any one reason. I don't actively dislike the character of the CV75/2.5 lens but tend to prefer the result I get from my others, at least for more subjects than not.

Perhaps it is the season but I don't find myself using the 75 that much on a crop camera. Our gloomy grey period over the winter seems to stretch on and on with only brief interludes of light or interesting gloom. The longer focal length I'm finding more challenging than expected to work hand-held, unless good light is present.

kosmoskatten wrote:
Michael; I have the ZM 50 as well as the 75 Summarit. They are quite similar in character. Had I known this I might not have gotten the Summarit since they are so close in focal length. Think this over if you do not sorely need a 75.

That is helpful as well. The 50 being slightly faster and slightly shorter than my 75 will be useful in more situations too, and I do miss having a 50 even on a crop camera - I used a C/Y 50 Planar on the NEX quite often.

Thanks folks for helping me think through this.

Feb 25, 2012 at 06:29 PM

Previous versions of michaelwatkins's message #10379235 « Still no love for the Ricoh GXR? »