Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of kosmoskatten's message #10344902 « Still no love for the Ricoh GXR? »

kosmoskatten
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: Still no love for the Ricoh GXR?

Douglas; the Pentax Q seems very niche, possibly a wink to the old miniature Pen cameras. But from thought to execution of the idea? I think the whole Q system is a mistake.

With the K-01... ...I don't know. That large a body and no EVF? They hire a "famous" designer and he is obviously not so well versed in designing cameras. Heck, I could design a better camera in a day, ergonomically. It is not that the K-01 os ugly, but it is clearly not properly designed - a camera that you have to hold up with arms bent/stretched out to see what you are shooting is compromising handling with shutter speeds and possible camera shake. Pentax deserves a better body, Ricoh can provide the ergonomics and user interface and Pentax can keep the lenses coming.

I think Ricoh inherited something that had gained momentum inside of Pentax and I hope that the Pentax purchase and merger does not stall the GXR M development too much and that they don't get too tangled up in compromises. Sometimes 1+1 does not make three, it takes a little more to get that synergy going.

Feb 14, 2012 at 04:27 PM

Previous versions of kosmoskatten's message #10344902 « Still no love for the Ricoh GXR? »