Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of douglasf13's message #10335895 « A thread about Cornerfix »

douglasf13
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: A thread about Cornerfix

I think many of us, myself included, may need Cornerfix more than we may realize with the 5N. For example, here is a shot with the NEX-5N and ZM 35/2 wide open (or near it.) I apologize to my wife for posting a throw away shot of her making a less than flattering face. This was just a good shot for demonstration purposes. Sorry, Honey!

At first glance, this shot doesn't scream CornerFix to me, but I think pavement is a great indicator, because it isn't supposed to have a magenta cast.

Now, here is the same shot run through CornerFix. I set Chroma to +1, and Luminance to +0, which gives the standard color fix without any vignetting reduction. Now THIS is more like what I'm used to seeing with DSLRs and film cameras:

The difference is subtle, but I'm to the point where I'm probably going to be running everything I shoot with the ZM 35/2 (and CV 15/4.5) through CornerFix, because I don't like having these magenta lowlights around the outside of my images.

Feb 12, 2012 at 02:42 AM
douglasf13
Upload & Sell: Off
Re: A thread about Cornerfix

I think many of us, myself included, may need Cornerfix more than we may realize with the 5N. For example, here is a shot with the NEX-5N and ZM 35/2 wide open (or near it.) I apologize to my wife for posting a throw away shot of her making a less than flattering face. This was just a good shot for demonstration purposes. Sorry, Honey!

At first glance, this shot doesn't scream CornerFix to me, but I think pavement is a great indicator, because it isn't supposed to have a magenta cast.

Now, here is the same shot run through CornerFix. I set Chroma to +1, and Luminance to +0, which gives the standard color fix without any vignetting reduction. Now THIS is more like what I'm used to seeing with DSLRs and film cameras:

The difference is subtle, but I'm to the point where I'm probably going to be running everything I shoot with the ZM 35/2 (and CV 15/4.5) through CornerFix, because I don't like having these magenta lowlights around the outside of my images.

Feb 11, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Previous versions of douglasf13's message #10335895 « A thread about Cornerfix »