Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10258458 « Oly 24/2.8 vs. Canon 24L TS-E II »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
Oly 24/2.8 vs. Canon 24L TS-E II

Thanks John,

Well, if you are "backed up against the wall", it still accurately represents the difference that the two lenses would yield shooting from the same film plane. But, since I can reposition them, I'll try to do so such that it seems more 'equitable' once I figure out which approach I should take on Round 2 ... i.e. entrance pupil, front plane, AOV, framing (or other ??).

For Round 2 I'll set up on my pano-rail head, so that I can reposition accurately. I was just using my ball head (unmoved) for these and even though I tried to reposition the tripod ... ummm, I'll have better results by using my geared (and incrementally marked) rail.

FYI, given the difficulty in obtaining "exactly" the same focus at distant points using WA, I chose to use the near (yet not @ mfd) subject distance to provide for a more precise focus comp. Also, I like using wides for foreshortening, so it is important to me to see how a WA handles the closer objects.

Jan 18, 2012 at 02:55 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10258458 « Oly 24/2.8 vs. Canon 24L TS-E II »