Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

My posts · My subscriptions

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10256690 « Oly 24/2.8 vs. Canon 24L TS-E II »

RustyBug
Upload & Sell: On
N/A

alundeb wrote:
What was the idea of comparing from two different points of view?

Lens change only, no camera/tripod reposition (didn't anticpate the variance).

The TSE is much longer than the Oly, so while the film plane/camera position remained constant, the front element is certainly closer (i.e. greater magnification/different perspective). I thought about reshooting before posting these, but felt it still illustrates the difference between the two lenses (@ unchanged shooting position).

I'll reshoot with the AOV better approximated and/or working distance equalized. Will be interesting to see those as well. It's a starting point for comp of these two lenses, not the final analysis.

Jan 18, 2012 at 02:41 PM
RustyBug
N/A

N/A

Jan 18, 2012 at 06:11 AM
RustyBug
Oly 24/2.8 vs. Canon 24L TS-E II

alundeb wrote:
What was the idea of comparing from two different points of view?

Lens change only, no camera/tripod reposition (didn't anticpate the variance).

The TSE is much longer than the Oly, so while the film plane/camera position remained constant, the front element is certainly closer (i.e. greater magnification/different perspective). I thought about reshooting before posting these, but felt it still illustrates the difference between the two lenses (@ unchanged shooting position).

I'll reshoot with the AOV better approximated and/or working distance equalized. Will be interesting to see those as well. It's a starting point for comp of these two lenses, not the final analysis.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Previous versions of RustyBug's message #10256690 « Oly 24/2.8 vs. Canon 24L TS-E II »