Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2011 · Canon DPP RAW files Locked ?

ntv369
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Canon DPP RAW files Locked ?

Dear Guys

I am using DPP for RAW conversion. All of a sudden all the RAW files in the DPP got the mark " X " . I am not able to open. The screen shot is attached, TIFF files are opening . Can you guys help me to sort our this please. Thanks

Apr 02, 2011 at 10:16 AM
Scott D.

p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Canon DPP RAW files Locked ?

ntv369,
I had this same thing occur ...... the only thing that is coming back to me is something about the Color Management settings > Monitor Profile in the DPP Preferences....... I know this doesn't seem like it is connected to the issue, but I think that is what fixed my issue.

Somehow I changed the setting or something and I didn't realize it, but after choosing the correct monitor profile I could see the RAW files....... give it a try...... really not trying to steer you wrong here..... I just recall it was something weird like this.....

Hope this works -

Apr 03, 2011 at 02:09 AM
EOSDNG
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Canon DPP RAW files Locked ?

Why don`t you use Lightroom?

Apr 04, 2011 at 12:39 AM
Jim_H_WY

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Canon DPP RAW files Locked ?

Is Lightroom free now?

OK. I know this is an old thread, but it came up when I did a web search about this issue.

I'm trying to use DPP on a computer I have at work. I don't want to have to pay for another subscription to LR and PS for this location.

In the past, I've actually had much better results in my RAW conversions using DPP versus ACR on RAW files from my 40D, anyhow. ACR didn't really do a good job on those files. Newer versions of ACR are far better than they were at that time, but still, being able to simply download and use the excellent (and free) DPP for RAW conversions is attractive, especially for various PCs one has in different locations.

However, I'm having the same issue. My RAW files all show up as being locked somehow in DPP on this machine.

There is a little icon that looks like a pencil with a circle with line through it below the pencil on each of the raw files when I try to open them in DPP on this particular computer. Very odd.

Jul 08, 2015 at 05:59 PM
Greg Campbell
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Canon DPP RAW files Locked ?

EOSDNG wrote:
Why don`t you use Lightroom?

Hmmm....
Why don't you find the grace to allow others to do what they like?

Jul 08, 2015 at 07:09 PM
NormanPCN
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Canon DPP RAW files Locked ?

Jim_H_WY wrote:
However, I'm having the same issue. My RAW files all show up as being locked somehow in DPP on this machine.

There is a little icon that looks like a pencil with a circle with line through it below the pencil on each of the raw files when I try to open them in DPP on this particular computer. Very odd.

Which version of DPP? DPP 4 does not support the 40D. You must use DPP 3.

Jul 08, 2015 at 11:51 PM
Jim_H_WY

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Canon DPP RAW files Locked ?

NormanPCN wrote:
Which version of DPP? DPP 4 does not support the 40D. You must use DPP 3.

That must be it! I was trying with DPP 4. I had downloaded it yesterday onto that machine at work since it was the latest version. I will try to find the old version 3. I wonder if they can coexist on the same machine. I have newer bodies I would like to support on that PC, too.

Thank you for that information. I didn't imagine Canon would drop support for an older body from their current RAW converter. But that explains the symptoms exactly.

Thanks again.

Jul 09, 2015 at 02:12 PM
NormanPCN
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Canon DPP RAW files Locked ?

DPP 3 is still "current" and being updated as cameras come out. DPP 4 has only slowly added support for older cameras and I question if Canon will ever support all/older cameras in DPP 4. This seems silly but it is what it is.

DPP 3 and DPP 4 both easily co-exist on the same machine.

Jul 10, 2015 at 11:21 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.