Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       end

Archive 2011 · Battle of the Fifties

AhamB
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · Battle of the Fifties

surf monkey wrote:
Do Contax lenses work on Nikon bodies? If it does, the C/Y 50/1.7 is a no brainer

A number of the do: http://leitax.com/Zeiss-Contax-lens-for-Nikon-cameras.html
I wouldn't call it a total no-brainer though. The operation isn't as straight-forward as with other Leitax mounts that only involve unscrewing 3 or 4 screws and replacing the original mount. With the additional cost of the Leitax mount, you may just as well go for a second hand ZF 50/1.4, IMO.

May 27, 2011 at 05:20 PM
Sam N
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · Battle of the Fifties

Thanks for posting this. It confirms how great the Sigma and 50/1.2L are. The color cast with the Voigtlander was surprising.

May 29, 2011 at 01:07 AM
Ataboy
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #3 · Battle of the Fifties

Very interesting test which gave me a lot of insight on how Canon 50/1.0L stack up against lenses I already know well. Too bad Oly 50/1.2, Contax N 50/1.4 and Leica R lenses (Summicron and Summiluxes) were not part of the test. That would result in significant rebalancing of the playing field in some of the test categories, i.e. what's considered "great" vs "OK".
The bokeh test should have included background with lots of small contrasting details and specular highlights, otherwise it's hard to make really good judgement.

May 29, 2011 at 03:15 AM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password