Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              7      
       end

Archive 2011 · which lens has the most 3D POP?

buggz2k
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.8 #1 · p.8 #1 · which lens has the most 3D POP?

I'm finding that ALL of the images, so far, on this page are "resolving" some 3D when viewed on my laptop display, while on the bigger Dell 22" at home, only some are.
How strange...

Jul 14, 2011 at 04:50 PM
LeadyGonzales
• •
p.8 #2 · p.8 #2 · which lens has the most 3D POP?

this one has 3D, since you now, that the house it 3D

in order to capture the hole picture your eyes need to walk around, that creates 3D atmosphere ...

- L.

PS: MC Rokkor 58mm 1.2 @1.2 on 5D Mark II

Jul 14, 2011 at 07:33 PM
buggz2k
• • •
p.8 #3 · p.8 #3 · which lens has the most 3D POP?

Ha, dunno how I thought this.
I see them much more clear now "on the big screen". *8^)
Must have just zipped through them last night...

buggz2k wrote:
I'm finding that ALL of the images, so far, on this page are "resolving" some 3D when viewed on my laptop display, while on the bigger Dell 22" at home, only some are.
How strange...

Jul 14, 2011 at 11:45 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.8 #4 · p.8 #4 · which lens has the most 3D POP?

Simple answer 35/2 ZE gives the most true to life street shots EVER in 35mm, period. And a lot of the time it translates to 3D, and in some cases really nice pop..

The 50/2 MP ZE gives the most crackling pop but ONLY at certain distances, and apertures. 3D is there...
The 100/2 MP ZE is in the same boat, but even more tricky then the 50mm.. And less so on pop but more so on 3D.

The C/Y lenses have it here and there (haven't used all the N lenses), the older 100, and some of the ZM stuff is decent 50/2 ZM (funny to replicate) and 35/2.8 ZM is pretty good at it.
As for other rangefinder lenses you can forget about Leica, it seems they go after a totally different aesthetic IMO, although not bad by any means, just not what I consider 3D or pop really...
No experience with Sony Alpha BTW.

I seem to have a hard time putting down the ZE lenses in favor of my MFD Hassy... That's how much I like them!
Think I should have invested in a 503 setup rather then an HC system or maybe contax MFD..

Any who, just my opinion.. but cannot go wrong with the ZEs or ZFs (depending on what body you shoot with).

EDIT: Have to admit nixland's #2 Leica Summicron 90/2 shot is pretty good, which is something I found really hard to get from my 90/2...

Jul 15, 2011 at 03:58 PM
LeadyGonzales
• •
p.8 #5 · p.8 #5 · which lens has the most 3D POP?

voigtlaender ultron 40mm SLII on 5D MarkII:

Jul 15, 2011 at 07:49 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

nixland
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.8 #6 · p.8 #6 · which lens has the most 3D POP?

adamdewilde wrote:
EDIT: Have to admit nixland's #2 Leica Summicron 90/2 shot is pretty good, which is something I found really hard to get from my 90/2...

Well, I don't always get pop-out image from my Cron 90/2 either
I think what makes the pop-out image from this lens is it's sharpness (micro-contrast) and the way it renders the OOF area. I hope I can find time to make a comparison shot with my other lens to show it.
But off course the condition of the scenes and the lighting at that moment also have great contribution to make a pop-out image.
In #2 photo, I think the 2 out of focus men behind the front men gave some contribution to make the photo has more pop-out illusion. Don't you think so?

Jul 15, 2011 at 11:40 PM
morpheus2891
• • •
p.8 #7 · p.8 #7 · which lens has the most 3D POP?

how about these? First is 100/2 MP at f3.5 and the second is the C/Y 35-70/3.4 around f11 and last is the rokkor 58/1.2 wide open... all on a 5D

Edited on Jul 16, 2011 at 07:06 PM · View previous versions

Jul 16, 2011 at 03:32 PM
adamdewilde
• • • •
p.8 #8 · p.8 #8 · which lens has the most 3D POP?

Hehe, glad it's not just me then... And yeah OOF area's are fine, but a really superb 3D lens can do it with no OOF areas..

Yes agreed, a lot was at play, the two guys behind, as well as light conditions and contrast from environmental factors (dark bikes, light ground etc)..

Jul 16, 2011 at 03:33 PM
Tomser
• •
p.8 #9 · p.8 #9 · which lens has the most 3D POP?

I understand 3D-pop depends on lighting and background composition. If lighting isn't favourable, then there is PP .
If one doesn't understand how to control either of those, there is always buying expensive lenses and getting lucky .

Jul 16, 2011 at 08:51 PM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password