Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              294      
       end

What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.295 #1 · p.295 #1 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

pasblues wrote:
Have you had a chance to use the 100mm with bellows?

I've seen this with a funky trigger grip and wonder how that would work.

I have not used it yet, but will soon and will post an image or two. I will be using it on a tripod however.

Oct 11, 2017 at 03:20 PM
pasblues
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.295 #2 · p.295 #2 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Kingfishphoto wrote:
I have not used it yet, but will soon and will post an image or two. I will be using it on a tripod however.

Most certainly. I think macro is a whole 'nother art form. Surprisingly difficult.

Oct 11, 2017 at 04:05 PM
twomblywhite

Upload & Sell: Off
p.295 #3 · p.295 #3 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Peire wrote:
According to what I ve seen there are more emulations:

1.Full Metal Rokkor MC PG thoriated
2.Full Metal Rokkor MC PG not thoriated
3.Rokkor MC PG with rubber focusing grip
4.Rokkor MC

I got no 3 and 4.

I've been on the prowl for a 58/1.2. Waiting to find a nice one that isn't from Japan and doesn't have the requisite price inflation.

I've noticed there is also an MC Rokkor-X version. I'm guessing this version has the most recent coatings of the models made. Anyone know if this is correct?

Oct 14, 2017 at 01:55 PM
Peire
• • • •
p.295 #4 · p.295 #4 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

twomblywhite wrote:
I've been on the prowl for a 58/1.2. Waiting to find a nice one that isn't from Japan and doesn't have the requisite price inflation.

I've noticed there is also an MC Rokkor-X version. I'm guessing this version has the most recent coatings of the models made. Anyone know if this is correct?

Not quite.X-Rokkor was the name for the US market,so MC Rokkor - X is exactly the same as the MC Rokkor,MD-X,same as MD ect.

The most recent coatings has the version 4 (MC Rokkor 58/1.2) - the last MC,before newer MD1 Rokkor 50/1.2 was introduced.

Oct 14, 2017 at 03:55 PM
twomblywhite

p.295 #5 · p.295 #5 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Peire wrote:
Not quite.X-Rokkor was the name for the US market,so MC Rokkor - X is exactly the same as the MC Rokkor,MD-X,same as MD ect.

The most recent coatings has the version 4 (MC Rokkor 58/1.2) - the last MC,before newer MD1 Rokkor 50/1.2 was introduced.

Thanks Peire. How can you differentiate the MC Rokkor version 4? By serial? Also, do you know how many versions there are of the regular MD 50/1.2? If i'm remembering correctly there was only one version of the MD 50/1.2 and it is the last one made. A few people were discussing 1.2s in a different thread and they mentioned their favorite was the regular MD 50/1.2. They mentioned they preferred its rendering to the 58 and to a few others including the nikkor ai-s 50/1.2.

Oct 14, 2017 at 04:59 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sebboh
• • • • • •
p.295 #6 · p.295 #6 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

twomblywhite wrote:
Thanks Peire. How can you differentiate the MC Rokkor version 4? By serial? Also, do you know how many versions there are of the regular MD 50/1.2? If i'm remembering correctly there was only one version of the MD 50/1.2 and it is the last one made. A few people were discussing 1.2s in a different thread and they mentioned their favorite was the regular MD 50/1.2. They mentioned they preferred its rendering to the 58 and to a few others including the nikkor ai-s 50/1.2.

was that freaklikeme and my discussion in the cv 40/1.2 thread? if so, we both actually prefer the MC 58/1.2 to the MD 50/1.2 (we have both sold MDs but kept the 58/1.2), we just prefered the MD to the other ~50/1.2 lenses we used.

there are two body styles of the MD 50/1.2 (MDII and MDIII styles). there is no optical difference, but there might be a difference in coatings. i've tried all the versions of the MC 58/1.2, and I haven't seen any real difference in performance other than that the radioactive ones are yellower and a bit lower contrast (probably fixed by bleaching them).

here is a good source for the different versions of minolta lenses.

Oct 14, 2017 at 05:45 PM
twomblywhite

p.295 #7 · p.295 #7 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

sebboh wrote:
was that freaklikeme and my discussion in the cv 40/1.2 thread? if so, we both actually prefer the MC 58/1.2 to the MD 50/1.2 (we have both sold MDs but kept the 58/1.2), we just prefered the MD to the other ~50/1.2 lenses we used.

there are two body styles of the MD 50/1.2 (MDII and MDIII styles). there is no optical difference, but there might be a difference in coatings. i've tried all the versions of the MC 58/1.2, and I haven't seen any real difference in performance other than that the radioactive ones are yellower and a bit lower
...Show more

Oh that's right - thanks for clarifying. It was that discussion I was referring to and now I remember that you both ultimately prefer the 58/1.2. Also thanks for the link - hadn't come across this yet.

Oct 14, 2017 at 06:03 PM
Peire
• • • •
p.295 #8 · p.295 #8 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

twomblywhite wrote:

The 4th version from my list has rubber focusing grip and no "PG" letters engraved on the barrel.

There are two emulations of the 50/1.2 lens,which Derek has already explained.

I also prefer 58/1.2 over 50/1.2,mainly due to the quality of the oof blurr.

Oct 14, 2017 at 07:02 PM
twomblywhite

p.295 #9 · p.295 #9 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Anyone know much about this Canon rangefinder 50/1.2?

https://www.ebay.com/i/222674407424

Oct 15, 2017 at 10:40 PM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password