Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              294      
       end

What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.295 #1 · p.295 #1 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

pasblues wrote:
Have you had a chance to use the 100mm with bellows?

I've seen this with a funky trigger grip and wonder how that would work.

I have not used it yet, but will soon and will post an image or two. I will be using it on a tripod however.

Oct 11, 2017 at 03:20 PM
pasblues
• •
p.295 #2 · p.295 #2 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Kingfishphoto wrote:
I have not used it yet, but will soon and will post an image or two. I will be using it on a tripod however.

Most certainly. I think macro is a whole 'nother art form. Surprisingly difficult.

Oct 11, 2017 at 04:05 PM
twomblywhite

Upload & Sell: Off
p.295 #3 · p.295 #3 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Peire wrote:
According to what I ve seen there are more emulations:

1.Full Metal Rokkor MC PG thoriated
2.Full Metal Rokkor MC PG not thoriated
3.Rokkor MC PG with rubber focusing grip
4.Rokkor MC

I got no 3 and 4.

I've been on the prowl for a 58/1.2. Waiting to find a nice one that isn't from Japan and doesn't have the requisite price inflation.

I've noticed there is also an MC Rokkor-X version. I'm guessing this version has the most recent coatings of the models made. Anyone know if this is correct?

Oct 14, 2017 at 01:55 PM
Peire
• • • •
p.295 #4 · p.295 #4 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

twomblywhite wrote:
I've been on the prowl for a 58/1.2. Waiting to find a nice one that isn't from Japan and doesn't have the requisite price inflation.

I've noticed there is also an MC Rokkor-X version. I'm guessing this version has the most recent coatings of the models made. Anyone know if this is correct?

Not quite.X-Rokkor was the name for the US market,so MC Rokkor - X is exactly the same as the MC Rokkor,MD-X,same as MD ect.

The most recent coatings has the version 4 (MC Rokkor 58/1.2) - the last MC,before newer MD1 Rokkor 50/1.2 was introduced.

Oct 14, 2017 at 03:55 PM
twomblywhite

p.295 #5 · p.295 #5 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Peire wrote:
Not quite.X-Rokkor was the name for the US market,so MC Rokkor - X is exactly the same as the MC Rokkor,MD-X,same as MD ect.

The most recent coatings has the version 4 (MC Rokkor 58/1.2) - the last MC,before newer MD1 Rokkor 50/1.2 was introduced.

Thanks Peire. How can you differentiate the MC Rokkor version 4? By serial? Also, do you know how many versions there are of the regular MD 50/1.2? If i'm remembering correctly there was only one version of the MD 50/1.2 and it is the last one made. A few people were discussing 1.2s in a different thread and they mentioned their favorite was the regular MD 50/1.2. They mentioned they preferred its rendering to the 58 and to a few others including the nikkor ai-s 50/1.2.

Oct 14, 2017 at 04:59 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.295 #6 · p.295 #6 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

twomblywhite wrote:
Thanks Peire. How can you differentiate the MC Rokkor version 4? By serial? Also, do you know how many versions there are of the regular MD 50/1.2? If i'm remembering correctly there was only one version of the MD 50/1.2 and it is the last one made. A few people were discussing 1.2s in a different thread and they mentioned their favorite was the regular MD 50/1.2. They mentioned they preferred its rendering to the 58 and to a few others including the nikkor ai-s 50/1.2.

was that freaklikeme and my discussion in the cv 40/1.2 thread? if so, we both actually prefer the MC 58/1.2 to the MD 50/1.2 (we have both sold MDs but kept the 58/1.2), we just prefered the MD to the other ~50/1.2 lenses we used.

there are two body styles of the MD 50/1.2 (MDII and MDIII styles). there is no optical difference, but there might be a difference in coatings. i've tried all the versions of the MC 58/1.2, and I haven't seen any real difference in performance other than that the radioactive ones are yellower and a bit lower contrast (probably fixed by bleaching them).

here is a good source for the different versions of minolta lenses.

Oct 14, 2017 at 05:45 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

twomblywhite

p.295 #7 · p.295 #7 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

sebboh wrote:
was that freaklikeme and my discussion in the cv 40/1.2 thread? if so, we both actually prefer the MC 58/1.2 to the MD 50/1.2 (we have both sold MDs but kept the 58/1.2), we just prefered the MD to the other ~50/1.2 lenses we used.

there are two body styles of the MD 50/1.2 (MDII and MDIII styles). there is no optical difference, but there might be a difference in coatings. i've tried all the versions of the MC 58/1.2, and I haven't seen any real difference in performance other than that the radioactive ones are yellower and a bit lower
...Show more

Oh that's right - thanks for clarifying. It was that discussion I was referring to and now I remember that you both ultimately prefer the 58/1.2. Also thanks for the link - hadn't come across this yet.

Oct 14, 2017 at 06:03 PM
Peire
• • • •
p.295 #8 · p.295 #8 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

twomblywhite wrote:

The 4th version from my list has rubber focusing grip and no "PG" letters engraved on the barrel.

There are two emulations of the 50/1.2 lens,which Derek has already explained.

I also prefer 58/1.2 over 50/1.2,mainly due to the quality of the oof blurr.

Oct 14, 2017 at 07:02 PM
twomblywhite

p.295 #9 · p.295 #9 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Anyone know much about this Canon rangefinder 50/1.2?

https://www.ebay.com/i/222674407424

Oct 15, 2017 at 10:40 PM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.295 #10 · p.295 #10 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Contax RF with 50 F2 Sonnar found several days ago at a thrift shop. Lens has many cleaning marks and scratches on the front element. My guess is that it would take some dreamy soft focus photos on my Sony A7R 11. Looking at adapters i see cheap, dumb ones and some where they come with focusing mounts and some from Russia where they have removed the focusing mount from the body and mated it into a L39 to E adapter. Have any members done this with the Contax and mated it into a L39 adapter ? Any other ideas ? Please PM with them.
Harry Palmer

Contax body and lens.

Contax focusing mount.

Oct 21, 2017 at 04:49 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.295 #11 · p.295 #11 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Kingfishphoto wrote:
Contax RF with 50 F2 Sonnar found several days ago at a thrift shop. Lens has many cleaning marks and scratches on the front element. My guess is that it would take some dreamy soft focus photos on my Sony A7R 11. Looking at adapters i see cheap, dumb ones and some where they come with focusing mounts and some from Russia where they have removed the focusing mount from the body and mated it into a L39 to E adapter. Have any members done this with the Contax and mated it into a L39 adapter ? Any other ideas
...Show more

i always meant to get a cheap kiev camera and make my own adapter from that, but never got around to it. is the contax camera worth saving?

Oct 21, 2017 at 06:12 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.295 #12 · p.295 #12 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Second time around.

jcolwell 2017

Olympus OM Zuiko MC Auto-W 18mm f/3.5

Oct 21, 2017 at 06:41 PM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password