Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              184      
185
       186              189       190       end
  

What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?
  
 
philber
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.185 #1 · p.185 #1 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


Latest alt glass are 2 Leica R lenses: Summilux 80, and Elmarit 28 vIII


Aug 05, 2014 at 05:06 AM
freaklikeme
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.185 #2 · p.185 #2 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


Picked up a Canon nFD 28/2.8 (after a brief stint with a borrowed f/2) and a fantastic condition Jupiter 3 from the boards. Minus some color deficiencies, the draw of the Jupiter pairs up really well with the pre-A 'Lux-M 35 (particularly in their center sharpness and terrible wide open bokeh) and it's tiny. I don't know how they fit all that glass in there, much less the ten-thousand aperture blades (okay, it may be closer to twelve, but it's a bunch).




Aug 11, 2014 at 02:59 AM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.185 #3 · p.185 #3 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


freaklikeme wrote:
Picked up a Canon nFD 28/2.8 (after a brief stint with a borrowed f/2) and a fantastic condition Jupiter 3 from the boards. Minus some color deficiencies, the draw of the Jupiter pairs up really well with the pre-A 'Lux-M 35 (particularly in their center sharpness and terrible wide open bokeh) and it's tiny. I don't know how they fit all that glass in there, much less the ten-thousand aperture blades (okay, it may be closer to twelve, but it's a bunch).



sweet!

the 35 lux pre-asph, jupiter-3, and jupiter-9 is a sweet compact retro combo (though the color from the lux is much better than the jupiters).




Aug 11, 2014 at 03:11 AM
freaklikeme
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.185 #4 · p.185 #4 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


sebboh wrote:
sweet!

the 35 lux pre-asph, jupiter-3, and jupiter-9 is a sweet compact retro combo (though the color from the lux is much better than the jupiters).



I'm glad to hear that since the 9 should be on its way this week (just won the auction tonight). If color is my main concern, I've got that covered with other lenses, but they're not flawed in same ways as the Lux and the 3, something that becomes more evident in mono conversions.



Aug 11, 2014 at 03:40 AM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.185 #5 · p.185 #5 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


freaklikeme wrote:
I'm glad to hear that since the 9 should be on its way this week (just won the auction tonight). If color is my main concern, I've got that covered with other lenses, but they're not flawed in same ways as the Lux and the 3, something that becomes more evident in mono conversions.


the jupiter-9 doesn't have as funky a bokeh and is sharper wide open than the j-3, but still has the lovely glow.

did you get an ltm version or a contax version?




Aug 11, 2014 at 03:55 AM
freaklikeme
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.185 #6 · p.185 #6 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


sebboh wrote:
the jupiter-9 doesn't have as funky a bokeh and is sharper wide open than the j-3, but still has the lovely glow.

did you get an ltm version or a contax version?



LTM, thankfully. The Contax/Kiev/Nikon adapter is one I've avoided so far. Hopefully the glass is in good shape. The photos in the auction were dark and grainy, but it's returnable if there's a problem. It's coming in a kit with a Fed-2 and Jupiter 8. While I'm curious about the difference between the 8 and 3, I imagine it and the camera will be sold or donated pretty quickly.



Aug 11, 2014 at 04:40 AM
sceptic
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.185 #7 · p.185 #7 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


Not the most sought-after East German lenses, but for 30 USD who am I to resist?

The 135 is basically a Meyer-Optik Orestor but without the 15-blade aperture.
The 50/1.8 focuses down to 1.1 ft, which is probably the shortest mfd of any of my non-macro 50 mm lenses.



Aug 11, 2014 at 01:08 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.185 #8 · p.185 #8 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


freaklikeme wrote:
LTM, thankfully. The Contax/Kiev/Nikon adapter is one I've avoided so far. Hopefully the glass is in good shape. The photos in the auction were dark and grainy, but it's returnable if there's a problem. It's coming in a kit with a Fed-2 and Jupiter 8. While I'm curious about the difference between the 8 and 3, I imagine it and the camera will be sold or donated pretty quickly.


good, that means you can use a hawks adapter if you want and the focus turns the correct way.

i got the contax version and it was driving me crazy so i started converting it to fit in a rokkor MC 135/3.5 helicoid (might be a while till i can finish that project).




Aug 11, 2014 at 10:29 PM
LightShow
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.185 #9 · p.185 #9 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


Topcor R 200/4
Topcor R 300/5.6



Aug 12, 2014 at 02:16 AM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.185 #10 · p.185 #10 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


Voigtländer 12mm f/5.6 M39... I am very curious how good this will be on my A7.


Aug 12, 2014 at 07:10 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Peire
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.185 #11 · p.185 #11 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


Back to old m42 USSR basics:

Jupiter M37 135/3.5
Helios 58/2
And,ladies and gentleman,nuber 200 in my collection - Industar 50/3.5!



Aug 13, 2014 at 06:56 PM
philber
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.185 #12 · p.185 #12 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


Congratulations, Peire! That is a proud number!


Aug 13, 2014 at 07:16 PM
pdmphoto
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.185 #13 · p.185 #13 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


Wow!, and I thought I had a lot of lenses


Aug 13, 2014 at 08:06 PM
Peire
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.185 #14 · p.185 #14 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


Thank you Philippe and pdmphoto.I'm afraid it's not the end,bacause they are still some lenses I would like to have.


Aug 14, 2014 at 04:45 AM
Mike Ganz
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.185 #15 · p.185 #15 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


Canon FD 80-200 f/4L; this may relegate my Vivitar Series 1 70-210/3.5 and Tokina ATX 80-200/2.8 to the back burner for a while.


Aug 17, 2014 at 02:46 PM
freaklikeme
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.185 #16 · p.185 #16 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


^^^ Congrats, Mike. That is my favorite manual zoom lens.


Aug 17, 2014 at 05:51 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.185 #17 · p.185 #17 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


carstenw wrote:
Voigtländer 12mm f/5.6 M39... I am very curious how good this will be on my A7.


The corners look quite dark, but the colour in those corners doesn't look too bad. I don't have a hood or a cap though, so I am waiting for those to arrive before I take it out for more tests. I like a bit of vignetting anyway, so maybe I can make a Lightroom profile for it to get rid of the colour, and some of the vignetting, but not all? It is very wide though, that's for sure!



Aug 17, 2014 at 07:33 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.185 #18 · p.185 #18 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


I also recently got a Leica Summilux-R 50mm f/1.4 E55, since I really like what it does for portraits, but the focusing ring slips. I bought a tool to tighten it, but the tool is slightly too short, so I need to dremel it a little to make it fit. Maybe tomorrow?


Aug 17, 2014 at 07:34 PM
philber
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.185 #19 · p.185 #19 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


A E55 or a E60, Carsten?


Aug 17, 2014 at 08:23 PM
carstenw
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.185 #20 · p.185 #20 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?


The "Leica Summilux-R 50mm f/1.4 E55"? That is an E55

I would love an E60, but I cannot justify that at the moment.



Aug 17, 2014 at 11:28 PM
1       2       3              184      
185
       186              189       190       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              184      
185
       186              189       190       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password