Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              155      
       157              183       184       end

What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

ukkisavosta
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.156 #1 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Peire wrote:
Konica 40/1.8 does very well on the A7.Stopped to f4 it's very sharp and crisp across the frame like better C/Y Zeiss lenses.Great,little piece of glass.I got two in case one breaks down.They are so cheap and cute

Thanks, that's reassuring to hear. I did come across some stopped down images with the Konica 40 by Makten recently, and they looked quite sharp. If I remember correctly, the lens isn't that hot wide open though, but we'll see. It will be interesting to compare it with my MD Rokkor 45 f/2.

I got the three lenses for a total of 47 eur (and a Konica Autoreflex TC thrown in), so I won't be left hurting even if they don't live up to the expectations. I'm mostly interested about the Sigma, as I don't have a wide'ish lens for the A7 yet. It should be sharp but susceptible to flaring. Luckily a hood is included.

Jaakko

Jan 15, 2014 at 07:47 PM
slungu
• • •
p.156 #2 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

The problem with the 28-85 is that it is a little on the heavy side, but this is the only problem I had with it ( ok, distortion on the wide end is a little over what I like also ).

Jan 15, 2014 at 07:58 PM
Peire
• • •
p.156 #3 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

ukkisavosta wrote:
Thanks, that's reassuring to hear. I did come across some stopped down images with the Konica 40 by Makten recently, and they looked quite sharp. If I remember correctly, the lens isn't that hot wide open though, but we'll see. It will be interesting to compare it with my MD Rokkor 45 f/2.

I got the three lenses for a total of 47 eur (and a Konica Autoreflex TC thrown in), so I won't be left hurting even if they don't live up to the expectations. I'm mostly interested about the Sigma, as I don't have a wide'ish lens for the
...Show more

You won't be disappointed.Konica 40/1.8 wo is soft and hazy with some CA.At f2.8 it is almost acceptable esp in subdued lighting.From f4 it's spectacular.

Rokkor 45/2 is soft but acceptable at f2-better than the Konica,but it never reaches Konica's level of sharpness and contrast at f4.A very good lens though - as good as 50/1.7 or 50/2 MC/MD Rokkors.Only 50/1.4 MD/MC Rokkors are better overall.

Jan 15, 2014 at 08:00 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.156 #4 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

ukkisavosta wrote:

I got the three lenses for a total of 47 eur (and a Konica Autoreflex TC thrown in), so I won't be left hurting even if they don't live up to the expectations. I'm mostly interested about the Sigma, as I don't have a wide'ish lens for the
...Show more

the konica kicks the rokkor's ass for sharpness, especially outside of the center. i like the color and bokeh of the rokkor better though.

Jan 15, 2014 at 08:19 PM
ukkisavosta
• •
p.156 #5 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Ok, now I'm actually more interested in trying out the Konica 40 than the 28mm Sigma.

Jan 15, 2014 at 08:24 PM
runamuck
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.156 #6 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

DDoes a Siggy 35 "ART" qualify as alt? Lens is deadly sharp on my D800. Got it just before the holidays in Amazon's special.

Jan 15, 2014 at 09:10 PM
Long Quang
• •
p.156 #7 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

I just bought a Nikon 50mm 2.8 ais macro & Canon FD 50mm 1.4 for my Fujifilm X-E2 + two cheap adapter from amazon. I really like the 50mm 2.8 ais. The 50mm fd, however, hasn't arrived yet so I can't tell

Jan 15, 2014 at 10:56 PM
roxsan
• •
p.156 #8 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

just bought Canon EF 2,5/50mm macro lens, very nice

Jan 16, 2014 at 08:28 AM
Alpha_Geist
• •
p.156 #9 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

My recent alt lens purchase were two 50mm summicron-R lenses. One latest version (3 cam) and the other version 1 (with hood shown attached). I really like the way the latest (E55) cron renders. I haven't shot much with the 1st version yet. Hopefully this weekend I'll have some me time.

Sorry for the poor (iPhone4 non S) quality.

Leica 50mm Summicron-R by Alpha Geist, on Flickr

Jan 16, 2014 at 10:08 AM
molson
• • • • • •
p.156 #10 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

runamuck wrote:
Does a Siggy 35 "ART" qualify as alt?

Nope... you have one letter wrong.

Jan 16, 2014 at 03:48 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

fungz0r

p.156 #11 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Bought a cheap industar-61 off ebay to play around with, for $18 shipped it should be a bit of fun on the a7r

Jan 16, 2014 at 04:11 PM
buggz2k
• • •
p.156 #12 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

And speaking of cheap larks, for me, a C mount Fujian 35/1.7

Jan 16, 2014 at 05:53 PM
ukkisavosta
• •
p.156 #13 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Well, my Konica adventure did not end exactly the way I hoped... I received the lenses today and they are absolutely infested with mold. They even reek of mold. Yuk.

Seller is not a photographer and is totally uncooperative. I gave him negative feedback, but that's about all I can do at this point.

The Sigma might be salvageable, as it looks like only the front element has some mold in the backside, but the Konicas look like they have mold in internal elements as well. So, lesson learned and note to self: always ask if there is mold or scratches in lenses.

Jaakko

Jan 16, 2014 at 08:31 PM
LightShow
• • • •
p.156 #14 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

freaklikeme wrote:
I found a Canon FD 24L I couldn't say no to. I was supposed to be looking for a 35 TS but got distracted.

"Oohh Shiny"

Jan 17, 2014 at 08:24 AM
LightShow
• • • •
p.156 #15 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Just received a 65mm Kodak Enlarging Ektar, and i can reach infinity on my bellows, though I have to be careful since the thread pitch doesn't match M39.

Jan 17, 2014 at 08:44 AM
Peire
• • •
p.156 #16 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Canon FD SSC 85/1.2 Aspherical.Tomorrow I'll get it in my filthy little hands.

Jan 17, 2014 at 01:41 PM
Phillip Reeve
• • •
p.156 #17 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

not a purchase but Sony loaned me a SAL70400, SAL135f18Z and SAL24f2Z +LA-EA4 for a month

Jan 17, 2014 at 02:50 PM
TMaG82
• •
p.156 #18 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

ukkisavosta wrote:
Well, my Konica adventure did not end exactly the way I hoped... I received the lenses today and they are absolutely infested with mold. They even reek of mold. Yuk.

Seller is not a photographer and is totally uncooperative. I gave him negative feedback, but that's about all I can do at this point.

The Sigma might be salvageable, as it looks like only the front element has some mold in the backside, but the Konicas look like they have mold in internal elements as well. So, lesson learned and note to self: always ask if there is mold or scratches
...Show more

Did you use PayPal? File a dispute, they tend to lean to the buyer more often than not.

Jan 17, 2014 at 02:54 PM
slungu
• • •
p.156 #19 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Last lens purchase is a little Zuiko 50/1.8, seems like I will still build an inexpensive Oly lineup for my A7

Jan 17, 2014 at 02:55 PM
briantho
• • •
p.156 #20 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Phillip Reeve wrote:
not a purchase but Sony loaned me a SAL70400, SAL135f18Z and SAL24f2Z +LA-EA4 for a month

Wow, can't wait to see what you can do with those, esp the 135.

Jan 17, 2014 at 03:49 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password