Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              140      
       142              279       280       end

Archive 2017 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

W.T. Jones
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.141 #1 · p.141 #1 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Peire wrote:
Very good lens.It could have had a little less CA in contrasty lighting at f4,but there are no ideal lenses

A couple of nice shots there Peire. I need to get out this fall & see about shooting some mushrooms with the FD 200

A little CA or any other small aberration does not seem to bother me much. If a picture is good those little things seem to slip by unnoticed to most people

Oct 01, 2013 at 06:46 PM
LightShow
• • • • •
p.141 #2 · p.141 #2 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

buggz2k wrote:
As for lens covers, mine had the back cap, but the front was a cover from a tub of onion dip!
Brilliant! Works perfect!
I will have to take a photo...

Waiting.....

Oct 02, 2013 at 12:26 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.141 #3 · p.141 #3 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

buggz2k wrote:
I got a great deal on one from an FM'r here a while back, I love mine!
I've been thinking of getting the Ed Mika conversion for EOS...

Here's one from FujiFilm X-E1 and Canon FD 500/4.5 L
A HUGE crop, the hummer is no bigger than my thumb.
Low light, after the rains, ISO 1600, yeah noisy, shrug.
Low shutter speed too, 100.
Hard to focus, anywho, enough complaining...

Nice shot. Noisy, but not distractingly so.

I'm excited to give it a go. I've been going back and forth between this and the Nikon 500/4 P and had pretty much decided on the Nikon but then this popped up. The FD 300L's been such a pleasure to shoot, I'm hoping this will be the same.

It has the filter, but I'd love to see the plastic cap on yours. I had to modify an aquatech cap for the 300 and was assuming I'd do the same for this one, but if there are plastic lids floating around that fit, I'll reconsider.

Oct 02, 2013 at 01:00 AM
Peire
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.141 #4 · p.141 #4 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Sigma 60/2.8 E mount.Excellent lens.Optically the best of the Sigmarit trio (19/1.8,30/2.8 and 60/2.8).Sharp across the frame wo with negligible CA.The only thing I dislike is lack of rubberized focusing grip.

Oct 02, 2013 at 05:38 AM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.141 #5 · p.141 #5 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

freaklikeme wrote:
Estes is apparently okay. They were advertising their big Elk Festival this past weekend. Getting there is more challenging than it used to be, but it's accessible. The park still has some closures on the east side, but Highway 34 is open unless the weather changes. Fingers crossed, it'll be smooth sailing.

Glad to here you can still get to RMNP. But I bet park is closed due to govt shut down.
Had a great time there in july for a first time one day trip while on a business trip to fort collins. Need to get back there sometime soon. Cool place.

Oct 02, 2013 at 10:48 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.141 #6 · p.141 #6 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

freaklikeme wrote:
I won an eBay auction for a Canon FD 500/4.5L. No case or front cap, so it went for a grand. If it gets here quickly enough, I'll be up in RMNP shooting elk with it this Thursday.

naturephoto1 wrote:
That sounds great. I hear that Estes Park and the surrounding and much of the Park took a real hit due to rain. How bad is the damage?

Rich

freaklikeme wrote:
Estes is apparently okay. They were advertising their big Elk Festival this past weekend. Getting there is more challenging than it used to be, but it's accessible. The park still has some closures on the east side, but Highway 34 is open unless the weather changes. Fingers crossed, it'll be smooth sailing.

wayne seltzer wrote:
Glad to here you can still get to RMNP. But I bet park is closed due to govt shut down.
Had a great time there in july for a first time one day trip while on a business trip to fort collins. Need to get back there sometime soon. Cool place.

I was there in June/July. My better half and I stayed in Boulder, about one block from Boulder Creek. A friend of ours was almost washed away in his car; he unexpectedly got into it, and somehow managed to get out, before it was too late...

Oct 02, 2013 at 11:11 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.141 #7 · p.141 #7 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

SMC Pentax 28mm f/2. Arrived today. I call it "Vancouver", i.e. Hollywood North.

Oct 02, 2013 at 03:50 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.141 #8 · p.141 #8 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

wayne seltzer wrote:

There really ought to be a law that anyone who knowingly interrupts the schedule of a National Park, particularly when the elk are migrating, is guilty of treason and should be hung up by their thumbs. Of course, even if they did pass such a law, Congress would make themselves exempt.

So, yeah, that trip's on hold.

Oct 02, 2013 at 04:25 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.141 #9 · p.141 #9 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

jcolwell wrote:
I was there in June/July. My better half and I stayed in Boulder, about one block from Boulder Creek. A friend of ours was almost washed away in his car; he unexpectedly got into it, and somehow managed to get out, before it was too late...

Very lucky guy. I'm glad he made it.

Oct 02, 2013 at 04:25 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.141 #10 · p.141 #10 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

jcolwell wrote:

freaklikeme wrote:
Very lucky guy. I'm glad he made it.

Thanks. Me too.

Oct 02, 2013 at 05:06 PM
inglis
• •
p.141 #11 · p.141 #11 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Help?
A Contax 35mm 1.4 arrived with some grey splash like small marks on the lens coating of the rear element, which was not in the description. I was told that it was CLA's recently. Any thoughts on how serious this is. The seller suggests having someone attempt to remove the marks. Any suggestions on what I should do?
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7323/10061675016_1f09272e31_c.jpg

Oct 02, 2013 at 07:44 PM
jaehoppa
• • • •
p.141 #12 · p.141 #12 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

if it doesn't come of with regular cleaning with microfiber and lens solution I would return it, unless you got a super good deal.

Oct 02, 2013 at 07:51 PM
inglis
• •
p.141 #13 · p.141 #13 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Thanks much,
yes tried microfiber with lens solution on one spot with no improvement----
--and the lens was not a super deal!

Oct 02, 2013 at 08:35 PM
wayne seltzer
• • • •
p.141 #14 · p.141 #14 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

freaklikeme wrote:
There really ought to be a law that anyone who knowingly interrupts the schedule of a National Park, particularly when the elk are migrating, is guilty of treason and should be hung up by their thumbs. Of course, even if they did pass such a law, Congress would make themselves exempt.

So, yeah, that trip's on hold.

+1

I have heard the Roosevelt elk are rutting in Redwoods Nstional park area and that park is open since it is both a national and state park. Just have to come to northern CA.
All the vacations being screwed up by this, I feel sorry for those people and the businesses affected.
@Jim, glad your friend is ok, sounds like a close call.
The pictures of the devastation posted were mind blowing.
Can't believe the 34 is open after all the washouts caused by the big thompson overflowing.
Hope you locals get to enjoy your park soon after all this.

Oct 03, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.141 #15 · p.141 #15 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

My brother gave me his Nikon 105MM AiS F1.8 lens , for my 80th. birthday. Plan to use it on my OM-D . Harry Palmer

Nikon 105MM AiS lens.

Oct 03, 2013 at 12:53 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.141 #16 · p.141 #16 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

^^^ Nice. And happy birthday, Harry.

Oct 03, 2013 at 07:18 PM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.141 #17 · p.141 #17 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

freaklikeme wrote:
^^^ Nice. And happy birthday, Harry.

Thanks Brad/ Iam interested to see some photos with your newly acquired FD 500 lens. Iam thinking of one myself. Let me know if you would decide to re-sell it. Heres two from my FD 400 F4.5, last night and this morning.
Harry Palmer

Junior Mockingbird.

Burrowing Owl .

Oct 03, 2013 at 07:35 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.141 #18 · p.141 #18 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

wayne seltzer wrote:
+1

I have heard the Roosevelt elk are rutting in Redwoods Nstional park area and that park is open since it is both a national and state park. Just have to come to northern CA.
All the vacations being screwed up by this, I feel sorry for those people and the businesses affected.
@Jim, glad your friend is ok, sounds like a close call.
The pictures of the devastation posted were mind blowing.
Can't believe the 34 is open after all the washouts caused by the big thompson overflowing.
Hope you locals get to enjoy your park soon after all this.

NorCal had been the original plan, actually, but then my niece got a job in New Mexico and left her dog with me until she got settled, so that changed the plan.

Stretches of 34, 36, and 7 are washed out east of Estes. 34 through the park had been one of the easier ways to still get there, so the park closure was a low blow to an area that needs to absorb every tourist dollar it can to survive what's going to be a very long winter with further, weather related isolation ahead.

Oct 03, 2013 at 07:43 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.141 #19 · p.141 #19 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Kingfishphoto wrote:
Thanks Brad/ Iam interested to see some photos with your newly acquired FD 500 lens. Iam thinking of one myself. Let me know if you would decide to re-sell it. Heres two from my FD 400 F4.5, last night and this morning.
Harry Palmer

Great shots. I'll post some once I have something worth posting and will let you know if I decide to let it go.

Oct 03, 2013 at 10:02 PM
taemo
• • •
p.141 #20 · p.141 #20 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Nokton 50mm 1.5 chrome
Tele-Elmarit-M 90mm 2.8

Oct 03, 2013 at 10:11 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.