Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              116      
       118              186       187       end

What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

LightShow
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.117 #1 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Almost bought a 50 Elmar collapsible, but stopped myself, I think I would prefer an older Cron or Lux, then I was looking at the ZM 50/1.5 Sonner, but I think I want to get the Canon Ltm 50/1.5 Sonner clone first, also want the Jupiter 3 sonner clone too.

Which of the Leica normals are good(redundant, I know), 2.8 or faster, sharp w/o with good character, and under $1000 if it can be helped?

Or something else in a RF type lens(the G45 is on my list btw).

Mar 02, 2013 at 05:10 AM
JimBuchanan
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.117 #2 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

LightShow wrote:
Almost bought a 50 Elmar collapsible, but stopped myself, I think I would prefer an older Cron or Lux, then I was looking at the ZM 50/1.5 Sonner, but I think I want to get the Canon Ltm 50/1.5 Sonner clone first, also want the Jupiter 3 sonner clone too.

Which of the Leica normals are good(redundant, I know), 2.8 or faster, sharp w/o with good character, and under $1000 if it can be helped?

Hey, are we talking M mount?

Mar 02, 2013 at 05:35 AM
freaklikeme
• • • • •
p.117 #3 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

LightShow wrote:

Finding a Lux-M 50 for under a grand won't be easy, but it is possible. Easier to find would be a dual-range or vIII Cron for under a grand. Either would be good, but I have to say, the pre-ASPH Lux is so good wide open and a bit better at f/2 when compared to the Crons, I'd say it would be worth it to either seek out a bargain or pop for the extra if you just can't wait. You should also consider the 40 Rokkor/Cron. It's not a rock-solid hunk of brass and glass like the 50 Crons, but it's every bit the lens. If you're looking to widen up a bit more, the Canon LTM 35/2 is a great lens for the going rate, and it's surprisingly good close up. Any of these have character to spare.

Mar 02, 2013 at 06:21 AM
rico
• • • •
p.117 #4 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

LightShow wrote:

The recent Elmar 50 has thoroughly modern rendition, is sharp w/o, and fits your budget. I prefer lenses with moderate contrast, and own the classic Elmars M 50/2.8 and LTM 50/3.5 (both single coated). I also own the 'lux 50 in classic chrome finish, but it's well north of your budget these days. Get the Elmar.

Mar 02, 2013 at 08:36 AM
Peire
• • •
p.117 #5 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Mint Konica Hexanon macro 50/3.5 with extension tube - first Konica in my hoard -
and Oly Zuiko 35/2- latest "Made in Japan" version.

I had a look at the R Elmarit 60/2.8 ,but I was not pleased with it's condition.R to NEx adapter is just bought though.

Mar 02, 2013 at 03:07 PM
Peire
• • •
p.117 #6 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

To get a flavour of what Konica IQ is I acquired Hexanons 24/2.8 and 50/1.7 as well.Waiting for the adapter to come

Mar 03, 2013 at 11:37 AM
rsrsrs
• • •
p.117 #7 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

CANON FD 55mm 1:1.2 S.S.C Aspherical
will hopeflully pick it up on monday.
i'm extremly curious how it performs on my nex7.

and one day on a fullformat nex.

Mar 03, 2013 at 11:43 AM
abraxsis

p.117 #8 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Ricoh Rikenon 55mm f/1.4 M42 mount.

Mar 03, 2013 at 07:10 PM
LightShow
• • • •
p.117 #9 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

freaklikeme wrote:
Finding a Lux-M 50 for under a grand won't be easy, but it is possible. Easier to find would be a dual-range or vIII Cron for under a grand. Either would be good, but I have to say, the pre-ASPH Lux is so good wide open and a bit better at f/2 when compared to the Crons, I'd say it would be worth it to either seek out a bargain or pop for the extra if you just can't wait. You should also consider the 40 Rokkor/Cron..
Had the 40 Rokkor didn't do anything for me, but am interested in the Cron. It's not a rock-solid hunk of brass and glass like the 50 Crons, but it's every bit the lens. If you're looking to widen up a bit more, the Canon LTM 35/2 is a great lens for the going rate, and it's surprisingly good close up. Any of these have character to spare. I have the all silver 35/2.8 Canon LTM, which could be all I need, looking for a 50, I'm also tempted to try one of the Topcor 50 RF's.

Mar 04, 2013 at 12:02 AM
CVickery
• • • •
p.117 #10 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

I couldn't resist Henry's blow out prices on the Ricoh GXR...so a GXR with P10 'lensor' and an A12 M mount arrived today.

Mar 06, 2013 at 03:04 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Peire
• • •
p.117 #11 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Hexanon AR 35/2.8 to fill in the gap between 24/2.8 and 50/1.7/55/3.5 macro.

Edited on Mar 09, 2013 at 05:02 PM · View previous versions

Mar 07, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Lee Saxon
• • •
p.117 #12 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Leica APO-Summicron-R 180/2

Mar 08, 2013 at 12:21 AM
naturephoto1
• • •
p.117 #13 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Lee Saxon wrote:
Leica APO-Summicron-R 180/2

Lee,

Big, super performing and expensive lens. We want to see pictures or it didn't happen. Enjoy it. Look forward to seeing some photos taken with the lens in the Leica R thread.

Rich

Mar 08, 2013 at 12:28 AM
timballic
• • •
p.117 #14 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Just got myself a nice late Zuiko 28/2 and am looking forward to giving it a head to head with my Contax 28/2.8.
I got it for it's wide open bokeh performance which is very highly rated by some, rather than closed down much, where I expect the Contax to be "superior". It's size is lovely, small enough to be easily portable but not too small to cause finger problems with Grad NDs, (like the very highly rated 24/2.8 and 21/3.5 do, sadly, or I'd get them too.)

Mar 09, 2013 at 12:54 PM
maljo
• •
p.117 #15 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

M.Ziuko 75 mm f1.8 - great lens!

Mar 09, 2013 at 06:02 PM
maljo
• •
p.117 #16 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

M.Ziuko 75 mm f1.8 - great lens!

Mar 09, 2013 at 06:02 PM
XsigmaSD
• •
p.117 #17 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

Interesting prices here...

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/pho/3669655028.html

And who says cool stuff doesn't come up on CL?
Too bad I'm broke right now.

Mar 09, 2013 at 06:44 PM
LightShow
• • • •
p.117 #18 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

timballic wrote:
....It's size is lovely, small enough to be easily portable but not too small to cause finger problems with Grad NDs, (like the very highly rated 24/2.8 and 21/3.5 do, sadly, or I'd get them too.)

Finger problems? I've used my 21/3,5 with a Coken GND filter kit without issue, though I do use step rings to get it to mount.

Mar 09, 2013 at 07:12 PM
JohnJ
• • •
p.117 #19 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

timballic wrote:

Just got myself a nice late Zuiko 28/2 and am looking forward to giving it a head to head with my Contax 28/2.8.
I got it for it's wide open bokeh performance which is very highly rated by some, rather than closed down much, where I expect the Contax to be "superior". It's size is lovely, small enough to be easily portable but not too small to cause finger problems with Grad NDs, (like the very highly rated 24/2.8 and 21/3.5 do, sadly, or I'd get them too.)

Nice, I think you'll be very happy with it. I am. I prefer to use the Zuiko 28/2 over the other 28's I have, including the Contax and Leica R 28's (E55), simply for the Zuikos wide open performance and bokeh. The Zuiko 28/3.5 is the 'better' Zuiko lens for stopped down performance, and to rub salt into the wound, at a 1/3 of the price!

Mar 09, 2013 at 07:24 PM
timballic
• • •
p.117 #20 · What is your most recent (alt) lens purchase?

JohnJ wrote:
Nice, I think you'll be very happy with it. I am. I prefer to use the Zuiko 28/2 over the other 28's I have, including the Contax and Leica R 28's (E55), simply for the Zuikos wide open performance and bokeh. The Zuiko 28/3.5 is the 'better' Zuiko lens for stopped down performance, and to rub salt into the wound, at a 1/3 of the price!

Thanks John, I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Mar 10, 2013 at 04:20 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password