Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

Archive 2011 · 60D at Ryther Camera

Gunzorro
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · 60D at Ryther Camera

Is anyone familiar with Ryther Camera? They have an amazing price on the 60D body, and say it is new. They are listed at the top of Google search, but I wonder if anyone is acquainted with them before I order.

Where are they located, or ship from?

Thanks!

Feb 05, 2011 at 07:55 PM
reno.peterson
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · 60D at Ryther Camera

I personally wouldn't shop from anywhere that has this type of deal anywhere on their website...

Canon 5D Mark II plus Tamron 18-270mm Lens, Memory, Backpack and More.........

(just because the 18-270mm Tamron will mount the the 5DII doesn't mean that it should be used, the lens is made for use with crop body cameras, which is even more funny when you click on the details of the items in the "package deal" - "The Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di-II VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Lens is a 15x high power zoom lens designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras using the more compact (APS-C) digital size image sensors.")

http://www.rythercamera.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=28060

Do yourself a favor and PASS and RUN !!!

Feb 05, 2011 at 08:07 PM
dcains
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · 60D at Ryther Camera

Come, on really? OP, please go stand in the corner for 30 minutes as your punishment for posting yet another one of these threads

Feb 05, 2011 at 08:10 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · 60D at Ryther Camera

Seriously, you both have experience with this outfit, or what? I want to know if they are legit, or some bait-and-switch outfit. Why should I not ask here, where I generally respect the members?

I've seen several outfits offer $829 (Ryther), or $849 with free shipping. I'm just looking for a back-up body to replace my T2i. I usually buy from B&H or Tallyns, but I'd like the best deal on a 60D.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Feb 05, 2011 at 08:14 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · 60D at Ryther Camera

Look at the generic memory cards, e.g., CF 32GB. That is a common indication of a bait/switch operation, though I have no experience with that particular store.

EBH

Feb 05, 2011 at 08:16 PM
Canongarcon
• • •
Account locked
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · 60D at Ryther Camera

Do people ever learn? If a product is available for a lot less than what you can get from the big boys, there is a reason for this. And the reasons are not good.

Feb 05, 2011 at 08:21 PM
CannonBomb

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · 60D at Ryther Camera

dcains wrote:
Come, on really? OP, please go stand in the corner for 30 minutes as your punishment for posting yet another one of these threads

Huh? I've never bought from them before but their Reseller Ratings look good.... http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Ryther_Camera

Feb 05, 2011 at 08:23 PM
Breitling65
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · 60D at Ryther Camera

Gunzorro wrote:
Any other suggestions welcome.

I wouldn't buy there anyway, best deal normally worse deal. Amazon, BH, Norman, Canoga are good.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Ryther_Camera

Feb 05, 2011 at 08:23 PM
reno.peterson
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · 60D at Ryther Camera

Gunzorro wrote:
Seriously, you both have experience with this outfit, or what? I want to know if they are legit, or some bait-and-switch outfit. Why should I not ask here, where I generally respect the members?

No, I will speak for myself and say I don't have a personal experience with them. but based on the 2 minutes of clicking around their site, I'd have turned to somewhere that didn't on the very front end "LOOK" to be a shady organization! The fact that you even ask and I'll quote "or some bait-and-switch outfit." should be enough really to answer your own question. I understand your desire to get the lowest cost camera for your dollar, please don't think I wouldn't try the same. Oh, and I still respect you...

Feb 05, 2011 at 08:26 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · 60D at Ryther Camera

That store does not seem to be on the Canon USA authorized dealer list, so perhaps they sell grey market goods.

EBH

Feb 05, 2011 at 08:29 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

dan7768s

p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · 60D at Ryther Camera

On the specification tab for a lot of their models the specifically say "imported". For the 60D they don't say one way or the other.

Feb 05, 2011 at 08:41 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · 60D at Ryther Camera

I know a while back, the better known sellers were offering the 60D for $899 -- is that still the case anywhere?

Feb 05, 2011 at 08:54 PM
Gochugogi
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · 60D at Ryther Camera

Gunzorro wrote:
I know a while back, the better known sellers were offering the 60D for $899 -- is that still the case anywhere?

That was the price before Christmas sale. I bought one from NewEgg for $899 and noticed the price went back normal after the holidays. Obviously it's a "Greatest Hits" design with rehashed features from the last couple generations of XXD models--probably why the photogeeks here give it no respect. Once in your hand it's a wonderful feeling and operating little camera, and you quickly forget its not bleeding edge when you see the great images on your Cinema Display.

Feb 05, 2011 at 09:06 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · 60D at Ryther Camera

Actually the price for the USA 60D body at Rhyther is the exact same price as B&H, $929.

EBH

Feb 05, 2011 at 10:13 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · 60D at Ryther Camera

Gochugogi -- Well, I'm no prima donna owner! My first digital was the D60, then the 20D. After that I migrated to FF with the 5D and 1Ds, waiting now to get my 1DsII. It wasn't until last spring I reacquainted myself with APS-S, buying the amazing little T2i. That pushed me into Nikon manual lenses, and that into Nikon bodies as well!

Now, I'm just thinking of upgrading that T2i to a bigger body and that nice tilty display while I wait for a 5D3 to hit the scene. The replacement isn't a big priority, but thought that if I could get it for around the same price as what I paid for the T2i kit, I'd be doing good.

I guess you'd call me a bit of a photo-equipment-slut. Ha-ha!

EB-1 -- What is this? http://www.rythercamera.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=32061

Feb 05, 2011 at 10:14 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · 60D at Ryther Camera

It is probably the grey market version. Look here for the USA body.

EBH

Feb 05, 2011 at 10:36 PM
davenfl
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · 60D at Ryther Camera

For what it is worth they are a real company with an actual store in Linden NJ. They are a legit registered Amazon merchant, elite Resellerratings.com merchant, in good standing with the BB bureau. As many online stores they sell both USA warranty and grey market stuff. Their company is actually ER Trading DBA Ryther Camera. They are not B&H or Adorama but they really don't deserve to be dragged through the mud IMO. I happened to buy a camera as a Christmas present for my nephew who going to school in Philly and had zero problems.

Dave

Feb 05, 2011 at 10:56 PM
Gunzorro
• • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · 60D at Ryther Camera

Dave -- Thanks! I wanted to hear from someone with personal experience.

Feb 05, 2011 at 11:26 PM
Tony B
• • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · 60D at Ryther Camera

http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au (Australia wide) 5DmkII $2269au: 60D $899au: 7D$1351au
http://www.praimaging.com.au PERTH 5DmkII $2995au: 60D$1204au: 7D$1998au
Just to illustrate the difference between a grey market dealer & a Canon authorised dealer in Australia. Depends on the form of warranty one desires & where one resides.
Have used both without complaint but in the main prefer the hassles of local, face to face, hands on dealings with some purchases.
I presume similar price differences in the USA.

Feb 05, 2011 at 11:56 PM
TrojanHorse
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · 60D at Ryther Camera

I won't drag their name through the mud, but they have reseller ratings that only go back to October and the ratings are either 9/10 or the 1* with tales of serial upselling.

I've spent thousands at BH, Adorama et. al. and I've never once received a call telling me I need a filter, or a larger battery or whatever so caveat emptor.

Feb 06, 2011 at 01:25 AM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password