1       2       3              694      
       696              768       769       end

Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

rji2goleez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.695 #1 · p.695 #1 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Jman13 wrote:
I guess I was putting less stock in my statement than you are...it was just a quick off-the-cuff remark. . I more or less was thinking of the extreme amount of hype that has surrounded full frame the past few years. It's definitely something that is desirable and the right tool for quite a few photographers...but there are just as many who get pulled onto the full-frame train because 'it's the best, and I have to have the best' when their needs would be better served by something else, or would be served just as well by something else. It's
...Show more

Reading led me to think this. What it boils down to . . . there are needs and there are desires for, oh so many reasons. One man's 'need' may be another's 'desire'. At the end of the day, I do believe the lines for full frame vs cropped sensor are blurring. I shoot Sony A7 (FF) series and I shoot Fuji XT-1 (APS-C) and while I can separate in my mind that I use them differently I also use them interchangeably. I have both because I love the full frame Sony sensor and the high resolution but the Fuji XT-1 is probably the 'funnest' camera I've ever used. Even my own needs and desires get blurred. In the end, it's all feeding the enjoyment we all get from photography.

Dec 12, 2014 at 09:29 PM
Kalainen
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.695 #2 · p.695 #2 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Season of Photographic Eye - Picture 12
Week 50, Saturday - Fantasies in dark
"With the previous post I wrote about different ways how one can lift an ordinary snapshot to another level and convey that photographic eye into his/her photography. My answers where quite general like constructing a skillful images, evoking reactions and creating pictures that have more than one level of experience. It made me think how I approach the photography in a certain situation myself. How do I find that photographic eye in a practical level? It's difficult to explain really, but here's my explanation. [...]"

Read full post at my blog: http://www.yearofthealpha.com

-Toni

Dec 12, 2014 at 09:56 PM
absolutic
• • • •
p.695 #3 · p.695 #3 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

rji2goleez wrote:
At the end of the day, I do believe the lines for full frame vs cropped sensor are blurring.

The lines between m43 and crop are blurring .... these are very close sizes.... but full frame.... just look how much larger full frame is than everything else

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:48 PM
absolutic
• • • •
p.695 #4 · p.695 #4 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

a6000 55FE

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM
rji2goleez
• • • • •
p.695 #5 · p.695 #5 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

absolutic wrote:
The lines between m43 and crop are blurring .... these are very close sizes.... but full frame.... just look how much larger full frame is than everything else

Agreed. Let me rephrase . . . for me, the lines are blurring because I can use either tool to accomplish the job for my type of photography.

Dec 12, 2014 at 11:40 PM
oldpaws56

p.695 #6 · p.695 #6 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

APC,4/3, full frame ? Unless you are a pixel peeper the average person can't tell them apart when looking at the photograph. I sold my canon 5d2 and bought the A6000 and I still print up to 16 x20 prints that look just the same. I would invite any of you to visit my website and tell me what camera I used for each photograph!

Dec 13, 2014 at 12:20 AM
absolutic
• • • •
p.695 #7 · p.695 #7 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

oldpaws56 wrote:
APC,4/3, full frame ? Unless you are a pixel peeper the average person can't tell them apart when looking at the photograph. I sold my canon 5d2 and bought the A6000 and I still print up to 16 x20 prints that look just the same. I would invite any of you to visit my website and tell me what camera I used for each photograph!

I can tell your 5DM2 with 135L at 2.0 vs any crop camera on the market.

Dec 13, 2014 at 01:35 AM
Jman13
• • • • • •
p.695 #8 · p.695 #8 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

absolutic wrote:
I can tell your 5DM2 with 135L at 2.0 vs any crop camera on the market.

Not if I shot with an 85/1.4 on that crop camera, at least in most situations. (this is not meant as serious argument, if you couldn't tell from the smiley). Anyway, more pics?

Dec 13, 2014 at 03:44 AM
Jeff Kott
• • •
p.695 #9 · p.695 #9 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

oldpaws56 wrote:

I don't think the photographers getting the best image quality out of their FF cameras are the average person or even care what the average person thinks.

As far as your invitation to visit your website, I don't think web size images are where the differences are apparent.

Dec 13, 2014 at 06:08 AM
oldpaws56

p.695 #10 · p.695 #10 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Ok, to each his own, I thought this was a image posting thread for the A6000, not a my dogs bigger than your dog thread! Let's get back to some A6000 images.
By the way I still have four other full frame cameras sitting around collecting dust . My A6000 is my preferred go system and the APC image quality suits me just fine. I sell a lot of photographs and no one ever ask if they are APC or Full Frame.
You folks have a great day!

Dec 13, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeff Kott
• • •
p.695 #11 · p.695 #11 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

oldpaws56 wrote:
Ok, to each his own, I thought this was a image posting thread for the A6000, not a my dogs bigger than your dog thread! Let's get back to some A6000 images.
By the way I still have four other full frame cameras sitting around collecting dust . My A6000 is my preferred go system and the APC image quality suits me just fine. I sell a lot of photographs and no one ever ask if they are APC or Full Frame.
You folks have a great day!

We're more in agreement than you think. I love my A6000 - I have three cameras and it's by far the one I use the most.

Dec 13, 2014 at 08:12 PM
RickPerry
• • •
p.695 #12 · p.695 #12 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Can someone please post a watercolor picture effect sample from an A6000.. does it render the same as the RX100 watercolor?

Thanks,

Rick

Dec 15, 2014 at 04:28 PM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.695 #13 · p.695 #13 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Hi Rick.
I took this yesterday with my A7. It was with an ancient Steinheil 105 bellows lens on a Novoflex Exakta mt. bellows. Hope this helps as i didnt take the same image with my A6000.
Harry Palmer

Watercolor Nutkracker .

ILCE-7    ---- lens    0mm    f/0.0    1/60s    500 ISO    0.0 EV  

Dec 15, 2014 at 07:00 PM
RickPerry
• • •
p.695 #14 · p.695 #14 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Thanks Harry!

Dec 15, 2014 at 07:19 PM
bert85

p.695 #15 · p.695 #15 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Two pictures from Heilstätten Beelitz near Berlin Germany:

Corridor by Um Berto, on Flickr

Grand Piano by Um Berto, on Flickr

Dec 16, 2014 at 08:40 AM
Kalainen
• •
p.695 #16 · p.695 #16 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

It might be that I'm the last person in earth with a NEX camera...

Season of Photographic Eye - Picture 13
Week 51, Wednesday - Modern human
"In the core of photographic eye is the visual taste. Having a refined visual taste is arguably one of the most important factors that guide one's photography - creative as well as technical decisions. Having a certain taste convoyed through your photographic eye separates you from other people, and in the end, has a potential to make your photography personal and unique. However, it's very difficult to define taste with words. [...]"

Read full post at my blog: http://www.yearofthealpha.com

-Toni

Dec 16, 2014 at 09:26 PM
Peire
• • • •
p.695 #17 · p.695 #17 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Kalainen wrote:
It might be that I'm the last person in earth with a NEX camera...

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7508/15850671440_a754069655_b_d.jpg

Season of Photographic Eye - Picture 13
Week 51, Wednesday - Modern human
"In the core of photographic eye is the visual taste. Having a refined visual taste is arguably one of the most important factors that guide one's photography - creative as well as technical decisions. Having a certain taste convoyed through your photographic eye separates you from other people, and in the end, has a potential to make your photography personal and unique. However, it's very difficult to define taste with words. [...]"

Read full post at
...Show more

I still have my 2 NEX5Ns and the NEX7.Don't be afraid.

Dec 17, 2014 at 05:48 AM
toshiro
• •
p.695 #18 · p.695 #18 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Untitled by F, on Flickr

Untitled by F, on Flickr

Dec 17, 2014 at 09:46 AM
Kingfishphoto
• • • • •
p.695 #19 · p.695 #19 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

King of beast yesterday at the Phoenix Zoo . An overcast cool morning. The lens used was a Canon FDn 400 F4.5 .
Harry Palmer

Male King Of Beast.

ILCE-6000    ---- lens    0mm    f/0.0    1/160s    400 ISO    0.0 EV  

Dec 17, 2014 at 05:44 PM
Cadaver
• • •
p.695 #20 · p.695 #20 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Great portrait Harry!

Dec 17, 2014 at 11:11 PM
1       2       3              694      
       696              768       769       end