Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              672      
       674              698       699       end

NEX Images Thread

Kalainen
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.673 #1 · NEX Images Thread

Day 19 of 365 - 'a Good photograph'
"I took this photograph couple of days ago when I was out with Aura and we were crossing a bridge of Tammer race. We have finally had a pretty nice winter weather here in Finland and conditions were excellent for this kind of picture. It doesn't exactly align with the visual character I'm after with my photography and connection to my theme is loose, but I appreciate situations when environment sets up in a perfect position to be photographed. And while I think it's 'a good photograph', I have a mixed feelings about it."

Read full post at my blog: http://www.yearofthealpha.com

Jan 19, 2014 at 09:42 PM
taran
• •
p.673 #2 · NEX Images Thread

india 1e.6.142313 by artistwithlight, on Flickr

N6, Pentax 24mm, processed via alien skin exposure, exif via flickr

Jan 20, 2014 at 05:31 PM
mcbroomf
• • • •
p.673 #3 · NEX Images Thread

I spent some time around docks and boatyards; Nex 5N/5R/6

I took a shot of this skeleton from the outside about a year ago... nothing much happened since then I think, but found an opening;

Drydock

Chocks

Tug buffers

Jan 20, 2014 at 08:19 PM
Kalainen
• •
p.673 #4 · NEX Images Thread

Day 20 of 365 - The flip side
"This is a time of unprecedented well-being. Never before has man had the same kind of possibility to live as actively, healthy and well as now. Entire societies are developed by politics of societal well-being and markets are used to distribute ever increasing health services to everyone. From the day we are born we are taken care of by society. Our growth environment and learning programs are designed by experts who consider all kinds of things from aesthetics to integration and well-being. Then we are taught how to organize our life for healthiness and how to take care of ourselves. If you still encounter problems there are all kinds of experts, medications and programs available. Even the daily food we eat have all kinds of vitamins and other necessary food supplements added in them by default, not counting all available beauty products which we can use to enhance aesthetics of our life. In short, we have everything available for us to have a good life."

Jan 20, 2014 at 11:28 PM
photoomaha
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.673 #5 · NEX Images Thread

Kalainen, really good work. It would be really challenging to be locked into a theme for a month!
mcbroomf Really like the boat work. Cool angles you are working!
taran Your portraits are just incredible. I really like how you handle the depth of field and out of focus areas. Just enough to tell a story, but not over the top and distracting. Awesome.

A couple of images from a walk with the dog yesterday. Nex 7 and 35 1.8.

Jan 21, 2014 at 02:57 PM
Kalainen
• •
p.673 #6 · NEX Images Thread

photoomaha wrote:
Kalainen, really good work. It would be really challenging to be locked into a theme for a month!

Thanks for your kind words. I'm actually locked into this theme for a 73 days. After that my Season of blackness changes to something else.

Day 21 of 365 - Forever darkness
"In borderless and forever darkness you roam.
Without identity, helping hand or home.
Only the mute and sparse streetlights to keep you company
There is nowhere to go."

Jan 21, 2014 at 09:49 PM
alan_m
• •
p.673 #7 · NEX Images Thread

Great work all!

FDn 35/2 + Lens Turbo:

Oat and spelt biscuit cakes with dark chocolate, vanilla and orange zest by specularist, on Flickr

Frosty sunrise by specularist, on Flickr

Blackrock Castle by specularist, on Flickr

Cork docklands by specularist, on Flickr

Kennedy Quay, Cork by specularist, on Flickr

Jan 22, 2014 at 03:02 PM
photoomaha
• •
p.673 #8 · NEX Images Thread

Alan, that castle shot is great! Also, no more images of food! I am starving....

Jan 22, 2014 at 08:00 PM
nianys
• •
p.673 #9 · NEX Images Thread

Photoomaha your black and white conversions are to die for !

Jan 22, 2014 at 08:22 PM
Kalainen
• •
p.673 #10 · NEX Images Thread

Day 22 of 365 - Cat adventures
"Now that Aura's cat has learned all kinds of new skills and is living pretty active life (see day 17), I thought I might as well play this game too. Today Aura's cat is leaving for a holiday with three travelling bags and who knows what it's going to do next. I'm secretly toying with a idea that I would do, for example, a sixteen page photo book of 'Cat adventures' and hide it until Aura is old enough to discover double life of her cat. It would make a unique and perfect birthday present when she is like 15 years old of something!"

Jan 22, 2014 at 08:27 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

carstenw
• • • • • •
p.673 #11 · NEX Images Thread

That's a great idea, but I would give it to her sooner, maybe at 8 or 10, when she remembers it better and still believes in magic

Jan 22, 2014 at 08:29 PM
Kalainen
• •
p.673 #12 · NEX Images Thread

carstenw wrote:
That's a great idea, but I would give it to her sooner, maybe at 8 or 10, when she remembers it better and still believes in magic

Thanks for suggestion and to think about I find it better than my original idea of timing. It's my first child (now 20 months old), so I don't really know how the grow. Though, I need to write a large post-it note with ciphering or something not to forget...

Jan 22, 2014 at 08:49 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.673 #13 · NEX Images Thread

My little girl is 5

I have another suggestion, that I have done myself. Each month, select a few photos and write a few words, blog-style. The link to mine has been given to all the family and friends who don't live close to us, but even better, it helps us remember all the fun little things in her life that we had long forgotten. I regularly read the whole thing through myself.

Edited on Jan 22, 2014 at 10:59 PM · View previous versions

Jan 22, 2014 at 09:29 PM
Kalainen
• •
p.673 #14 · NEX Images Thread

carstenw wrote:
My little girl is 5

I have another suggestion, that it have done myself. Each month, select a few photos and write a few words, blog-style. The link to mine has been given to all the family and friends who don't live close to us, but even better, it helps us remember all the fun little things in her life that we had long forgotten. I regularly read the whole thing through myself.

Good suggestion! Family stuff is most important part of my photography.

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:21 PM
carstenw
• • • • • •
p.673 #15 · NEX Images Thread

I am eventually planning to put all these photos and blog entries into photobooks, one per year, but I have to admit that I haven't even started yet.

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:00 PM
photoomaha
• •
p.673 #16 · NEX Images Thread

A couple of images from our trip to Mexico this October. I believe Nex 6 and probably with the 35 1.8.

Jan 23, 2014 at 04:44 PM
alan_m
• •
p.673 #17 · NEX Images Thread

photoomaha wrote:
Alan, that castle shot is great! Also, no more images of food! I am starving....

Thanks! If you're hungry just do what I did - get out the flour, butter, sugar etc and get baking - you'll have biscuits AND a new photo subject an hour later!

Alan

Jan 23, 2014 at 05:20 PM
Kalainen
• •
p.673 #18 · NEX Images Thread

Day 23 of 365 - Distinction
"We feel the borders, but avoid to acknowledge them. Every day they run invisibly across districts and streets. Stratified into culture they organize the city and categorize people. It's a way we dress our self, what we eat and what kind of literature we appreciate. What kind of taste we have, who we know and to whom we answer. How we speak and look to each other. How we touch and are being touched by others. It's how we exist and who we are. "

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Kalainen
• •
p.673 #19 · NEX Images Thread

Day 24 of 365 - Visual motifs, again
"I took this photograph couple of days ago while we were heading to library with Aura. In my mind this picture compares very closely to Day 19. Not only is it taken almost from the same spot, but the light is a bit similar and again the whole picture is based on a very well known visual motif of silhouette figure. I hope the guy is at least someone else this time! When I took that earlier picture, I wrote about feeling mixed about it because pictures which are too much based on known visual motifs become clichés easily. Looking it now, I feel I need to lighten my stance and focus it a bit."

Jan 25, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Nex Barker

p.673 #20 · NEX Images Thread

Mirror

© Nex Barker 2014

Nex 5 R + Steinheil Culminar VL 85/2.8

Jan 25, 2014 at 10:59 PM
1       2       3              672      
       674              698       699       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell