Nex 5R + VC Ultron 28/2

May 10, 2014 at 03:27 PM
Kalainen
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.660 #2 · p.660 #2 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Season of Tilt
Week 19, Saturday - The Withered
"Now that I've used Lensbaby optics for some time already I feel I can recommend them to certain type of photographers. If you are a photographer that pursues for certain look or are trying to develop your photographic identity, it might be worthwhile to test Lensbaby optics. It takes a bit guts to go for manual focus, but with little practicing it's pretty easy to grasp. Edge 80 works very nicely for those who are searching something different for portraits. It offers [...]"

Read full post at my blog: http://www.yearofthealpha.com

-Toni

May 12, 2014 at 07:52 AM
Harold Carlson
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.660 #3 · p.660 #3 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

One from this weekend. Shot with the Nex 6 and 16-50mm lens.

Bridge View by HaroldC3, on Flickr

May 12, 2014 at 02:20 PM
rioni
• • •
p.660 #4 · p.660 #4 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

May 14, 2014 at 07:15 AM
vinamack

p.660 #5 · p.660 #5 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

I just picked up an NEX-6 and looking through this post, its very inspiring. a lot of amazing looking photos that I wish i could take.

May 14, 2014 at 02:27 PM
zephoto
• •
p.660 #6 · p.660 #6 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Phillip Reeve wrote:
I was annoyed by it on my a7 in the beginning but I got used to it after several thousand shots when I had the timing for the double press right.

Well I just got my A6000 yesterday and compared to the NEX-6 the menu, similarities in controls/extra customization to the A7, and addition of the exposure comp set to the rear wheel, I'm totally amped. The EVF of the NEX-6 always looked a bit weird because it was not anti-aliased unlike the A6000/A7 and although yes it is lower resolution I do like it.

My only wish for the A6000/A7 was that they had the brightness/led of the NEX-6 viewfinder and LCD back screen. I've always liked the brightness/temperature more on the NEX-6 but this is something I can live without given the gains like no more pre-AF on my Touits which raped my poor batteries.

I'll be taking it out with me today for my first actual real world shots to see how it fairs as last night I just messed around in doors and set it up but I have high hopes. And I promise to contribute *images* not *text* to this thread next post.

May 15, 2014 at 10:39 AM
photoomaha
• • •
p.660 #7 · p.660 #7 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

I recently was able to pick up the a6000. So far, I have been very happy with it. It is an adjustment with how it handles exposure. Definitely different than the 'Nex' bodies. I do believe it is something that can be over come. I really feel this is the best Nex style body yet. It does feel very good in the hand, and I actually like the dial placement and how the hand grip feels. This was with the 16-50. I don't usually shoot with a zoom, but I wanted to get a feel for the camera with the standard lens.

Dove on a Shed

May 15, 2014 at 10:50 AM
joekraft
• • • •
p.660 #8 · p.660 #8 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

I don't have any pictures yet that will make someone think they have to have this camera, but I too just received mine yesterday, and overall I like it very much over the NEX-6.

The menu layout is much better, and I like the scrolling ribbon UI when the exposure parameters are changed. Not sure what I think of the dual wheels, and placement of, yet. Seems that those that brought it up were right: the 'function' wheel probably should have been to the inside of the mode dial, but that's a nit.

Other nits: I think I'd rather have the histogram over live view than the zebra highlighting, but I suspect I'll come to like zebra as well or better in the future. Also, the new body is glossy, vs. the textured body of the NEX. It is noticeable under your fingertips when gripping the body - I think the texturing made gripping it feel a little more secure - wish they had kept some sort of texture on the body.

EVF is MUCH better than I had been led to believe, hands-down prefer it to the nex-6. You can make out the pixels in the EVF, but, the performance is so much better that it isn't worth talking about the resolution.

The SEL24 seems to like it very much, but I haven't had a chance to do my own comparisons between the two bodies as far as DR, native exposure and noise and such.

May 15, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Kalainen
• •
p.660 #9 · p.660 #9 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Season of Tilt
Week 20, Wednesday - The Violence
"In one summer night when I was alone at the streets bunch of them found me and tried to beat me. I escaped from their first attack and run as fast as I could, but there were too many of them and they succeeded exhausting me. I had run through couple of streets and town square when they finally drag me down like a prey at one street corner and gasping my breath I wasn't much of resistance. [...]"

May 15, 2014 at 04:22 PM
JimParsons
• •
p.660 #10 · p.660 #10 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

A few processed in B&W, which is a relatively new thing for me.

May 15, 2014 at 06:27 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Douglas L
• • • • •
p.660 #11 · p.660 #11 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

I just got a a6000 and 16-70 f/4 for my daughter and played around with it for a while. Great little camera. Biggest drawback, for me, is the trouble you have to go through to manually select AF points.

May 15, 2014 at 07:42 PM
photoomaha
• • •
p.660 #12 · p.660 #12 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Cross post from the Nex thread, sorry, I didn't see this until tonight!

I recently was able to pick up the a6000. So far, I have been very happy with it. It is an adjustment with how it handles exposure. Definitely different than the 'Nex' bodies. I do believe it is something that can be over come. I really feel this is the best Nex style body yet. It does feel very good in the hand, and I actually like the dial placement and how the hand grip feels. This was with the 16-50. I don't usually shoot with a zoom, but I wanted to get a feel for the camera with the standard lens. I've been shooting with the Nex 6&7 for the past year and a half. Using them for weddings, family and senior portrait work. I am stoked to hit this season with two exact same bodies in the a6000.

Dove on a Shed

May 15, 2014 at 07:57 PM
dxcb
• •
p.660 #13 · p.660 #13 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

May 15, 2014 at 10:01 PM
ceder
• •
p.660 #14 · p.660 #14 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

My IR converted NEX-5N, 720nm:

Reed by c e d e r, on Flickr

May 16, 2014 at 09:53 AM
Harold Carlson
• • •
p.660 #15 · p.660 #15 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

photoomaha wrote:
This was with the 16-50. I don't usually shoot with a zoom, but I wanted to get a feel for the camera with the standard lens.

Dove on a Shed

That's quite impressive. Was this a pretty big crop or were you pretty close?

May 16, 2014 at 11:13 AM
zephoto
• •
p.660 #16 · p.660 #16 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

First flower of the back yard. I'll be taking the A6000 with me to a very good car event this weekend and will give it a workout.

(Touit 32, 1.8, 400 ISO)

May 16, 2014 at 04:57 PM
dragion
• •
p.660 #17 · p.660 #17 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Jumped on the mirrorless bandwagon...3 times the charm.
I originally purchased the NEX-5T, but couldn't do without a viewfinder and traded it for the NEX-6.
Had an issue with Best Buy regarding them sending me a "used" unit and returned that for the current Alpha 6000...this one is the keeper!

SEL 30mm f/3.5 Macro

May 17, 2014 at 12:49 AM
Kalainen
• •
p.660 #18 · p.660 #18 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Season of Tilt
Week 20, Saturday - Constructions of the mind
"With these last photographs I've explored my life within a framework one could call 'wretchedness of life'. Using nature as a symbol of Hobbesian idea of the war of all against all (bellum omnium contra omnes), I wanted to create a discourse that self-purposely portraits my personal memories and feelings in a somewhat nihilistic light that has little faith for humanity. I wanted to create this discourse of mans subordination to nature just that I could tear it down at the end. Because the thing is that the truth about the world and life is what people believe it is and [...]"

Next week Wednesday I will start a new season with new photography. I can't say much about it yet, other than it will have a different mood altogether. Stay tuned..

-Toni

May 17, 2014 at 07:18 AM
Peire
• • • • •
p.660 #19 · p.660 #19 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Toni,you do a great job and probably a scientific research over us,or maybe an internal journey of your own.Good luck,anyway!

May 17, 2014 at 10:49 AM
Kalainen
• •
p.660 #20 · p.660 #20 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Peire wrote:
Toni,you do a great job and probably a scientific research over us,or maybe an internal journey of your own.Good luck,anyway!

Thanks for the kind words Peire. I really appreciate it, since its been pretty quiet at the forums where I post my pics regulary. As for now, I've gathered my research material and I'm doing something different for the next season.

-Toni

May 17, 2014 at 12:50 PM
1       2       3              659      
       661              838       839       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              659      
       661              838       839       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.