Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              593      
594
       595              705       706       end
  

NEX Images Thread
  
 
peter_n
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.594 #1 · p.594 #1 · NEX Images Thread


NEX-7 with a Leica 24mm/f2.8 Elmarit. Taken a couple weeks ago in Carlingford, Co. Louth, Ireland.












Jul 03, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Nex Barker
Offline

Upload & Sell: On
p.594 #2 · p.594 #2 · NEX Images Thread


Tuscany, where the Wind blows



Nex Barker 2013

NEX 7 and VC 15 Super wide Heliar




Jul 03, 2013 at 08:05 PM
joekraft
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.594 #3 · p.594 #3 · NEX Images Thread


Looking at this thread gives me kind of schizophrenic feelings toward the NEX 6 I have. So many great shots, but so few are with any lenses I am likely to get.

Does anyone shoot any ZE lenses with an NEX? I am only very slowly making progress through this thread, and I haven't seen any examples yet of a ZE+NEX. FWIW, I have a 35/2 and 100/2, so that is what I would be shooting with (haven't decided to buy an adapter yet, so I have to rely on others :S).



Jul 03, 2013 at 11:40 PM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.594 #4 · p.594 #4 · NEX Images Thread


joekraft wrote:
Looking at this thread gives me kind of schizophrenic feelings toward the NEX 6 I have. So many great shots, but so few are with any lenses I am likely to get.

Does anyone shoot any ZE lenses with an NEX? I am only very slowly making progress through this thread, and I haven't seen any examples yet of a ZE+NEX. FWIW, I have a 35/2 and 100/2, so that is what I would be shooting with (haven't decided to buy an adapter yet, so I have to rely on others :S).


those lenses perform great on the NEX, but not many people use them because they are gigantic compared to the camera. btw you need one of the more expensive smart adapters if you are going to change aperture on the NEX with a ZE lens.

couple of shots with an even bigger lens on a nex-7 leica R 350/4.8:










and one with the 50 lux pre-asph wide open:







Jul 04, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Jim Schemel
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.594 #5 · p.594 #5 · NEX Images Thread


Sebboh,
Nice birding with the Leica 350.Not as easy as you make it look.
Jim



Jul 04, 2013 at 01:00 AM
lumis beans
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.594 #6 · p.594 #6 · NEX Images Thread


joekraft wrote:
Looking at this thread gives me kind of schizophrenic feelings toward the NEX 6 I have. So many great shots, but so few are with any lenses I am likely to get.

Does anyone shoot any ZE lenses with an NEX? I am only very slowly making progress through this thread, and I haven't seen any examples yet of a ZE+NEX. FWIW, I have a 35/2 and 100/2, so that is what I would be shooting with (haven't decided to buy an adapter yet, so I have to rely on others :S).


I use a Techart smart adapter with a ZE 35 1.4. Works well so far. The bad: the tripod mount is horrifying. It's a separate piece held on with tiny, soft, uninspiring bolts and it wobbles badly. No way would I trust it for anything but level shooting (and barely that). I'm considering doing some mill work and redo the mounting holes and hardware as soon as I'm sure there's nothing electrical in the way.

A few from the backyard.

Zeiss Vario 35-70mm




















Jul 04, 2013 at 01:04 AM
ebookman
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.594 #7 · p.594 #7 · NEX Images Thread


Nex 5n -- 2.8/35 ZM on Hawks helicoid adapter







Jul 04, 2013 at 04:01 AM
joekraft
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.594 #8 · p.594 #8 · NEX Images Thread


Nice shots! I am back and forth on which metabones adapter to get, but am leaning towards the adapter over the speed booster. I did the hold it next to the body thing, and the 35 at least would be pretty manageable. I havent compared the charts, but I think from what ive seen even a $600 adapter with a little bigger lens is a better play, for me, than the touit. The problem is that if i do get the adapter, then I have to find something 24ish, as that is my wide lens now.

sebboh wrote:
those lenses perform great on the NEX, but not many people use them because they are gigantic compared to the camera. btw you need one of the more expensive smart adapters if you are going to change aperture on the NEX with a ZE lens.

couple of shots with an even bigger lens on a nex-7 leica R 350/4.8:




Jul 04, 2013 at 04:10 AM
joekraft
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.594 #9 · p.594 #9 · NEX Images Thread


That gotta be about like putting the 85 1.2 on it. Which, as impractical as it would be, i sure would like to try.
lumis beans wrote:
I use a Techart smart adapter with a ZE 35 1.4. Works well so far. The bad: the tripod mount is horrifying. It's a separate piece held on with tiny, soft, uninspiring bolts and it wobbles badly. No way would I trust it for anything but level shooting (and barely that). I'm considering doing some mill work and redo the mounting holes and hardware as soon as I'm sure there's nothing electrical in the way.

A few from the backyard.

Zeiss Vario 35-70mm





Jul 04, 2013 at 04:13 AM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.594 #10 · p.594 #10 · NEX Images Thread


sculptormic wrote:
This one is a 5 image stich at infinity. I tryed to stich them before doing PP on each photo individually.
You see a dark vertical line above the bush. I tryed to get rid of it but it was beyond my skills in ACR. Very annoying.


this kinda thing happens to me periodically. sometimes photoshop can automatically fix vignetting and sometimes it can't.

here's one from today with the g28, seems my pre stitch corrections were't adaquate:







Jul 04, 2013 at 05:31 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



freaklikeme
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.594 #11 · p.594 #11 · NEX Images Thread


Nice. I don't think I've seen the bridge from that angle. The fog hanging over the city I've seen quite often.


Jul 04, 2013 at 06:04 AM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.594 #12 · p.594 #12 · NEX Images Thread


freaklikeme wrote:
Nice. I don't think I've seen the bridge from that angle. The fog hanging over the city I've seen quite often.


thanks, it's taken from the parking lot of the bay area discovery museum. i redid the stitch after doing a full correction of the individual files with the flatfield plugin:







Jul 04, 2013 at 07:40 AM
freaklikeme
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.594 #13 · p.594 #13 · NEX Images Thread


^^^Even nicer. Is the museum worth checking out?

Another close up with the Biogon, cropped.







Jul 04, 2013 at 07:53 AM
sebboh
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.594 #14 · p.594 #14 · NEX Images Thread


freaklikeme wrote:
^^^Even nicer. Is the museum worth checking out?


if you have an under 10 child definitely. otherwise probably not, though i was quite distracted by my 2 year old so i could have missed a lot.

your flower looks quite 3d to my eye, very nice.



Jul 04, 2013 at 08:03 AM
sculptormic
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.594 #15 · p.594 #15 · NEX Images Thread


sebboh wrote:

Thanks sebboh. I did not think of that.
One can of course correct the vignetting in all the files before stiching.

From yesterday evening.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7402/9201231755_d17159c533_o.jpg



Jul 04, 2013 at 08:56 AM
sculptormic
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.594 #16 · p.594 #16 · NEX Images Thread


Don't know why all the text is in the quote color now


Jul 04, 2013 at 08:59 AM
omihay
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.594 #17 · p.594 #17 · NEX Images Thread


hello everyone.
awesome photos here, congratulations for your efforts.

Nex 5N + Meyer Orestor 100mm 2.8 (14 petals)
















Jul 04, 2013 at 10:17 AM
alan_m
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.594 #18 · p.594 #18 · NEX Images Thread


Family wedding, all F3 + Canon FD 35/2:


Wedding - chefs at work by specularist, on Flickr


Wedding - beauty check-up by specularist, on Flickr


Wedding - dessert by specularist, on Flickr


Wedding - emotional father by specularist, on Flickr


Wedding - dancing queen by specularist, on Flickr


Wedding - can you feel it? by specularist, on Flickr


Wedding - the morning after by specularist, on Flickr



Jul 04, 2013 at 03:07 PM
alan_m
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.594 #19 · p.594 #19 · NEX Images Thread


Almost forgot the main attraction. :-)


Wedding - the happy couple + one by specularist, on Flickr



Jul 04, 2013 at 03:26 PM
alwang
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.594 #20 · p.594 #20 · NEX Images Thread


Lumis, the composition on the last shot is great. Alan, the wedding shots are excellent as well.


Jul 04, 2013 at 04:24 PM
1       2       3              593      
594
       595              705       706       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              593      
594
       595              705       706       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password