Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              589      
590
       591              686       687       end
  

NEX Images Thread
  
 
taran
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.590 #1 · NEX Images Thread


Band shoot with sig 30 amongst other things...


adelerium 6.24.130039 by artistwithlight, on Flickr



Jun 25, 2013 at 06:20 PM
sebboh
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.590 #2 · NEX Images Thread


alwang wrote:
Contax G actually has a longer registration distance than Leica M, and there are now a number of Leica M helicoid adapters (some for as little as $35. Personally, I'd pay as much as $90 for such an adapter)

If I did the m-conversion, I'd have to do it for all 3 of my G lenses, which would get pricey.


the problem is you need to fit both the gearing for the focus drive and the helicoid in a small space, the extra 2mm or whatever it is won't be much help. also, those cheap helicoid adapters have plastic helicoids and tend to wobble with any kind of torque. i wouldn't trust them to be able to take a flat field picture. my slightly more expensive one always induces a small amount of tilt. in order to make it work you would have to either use higher grade metals and fine machining (expensive) or expand the diameter a great deal, which would probably interfere with the grip. i don't think a $90 version of such an adapter would be worth buying. what might actually work better (and would be less fiddly to use) would be a straight up contax g to nex helicoid adapter with nothing on it to interface with the lens's own helicoid. it would be less fiddly with only one ring and the helicoid would be smoother than the geared screw drive thing on current contax g adapters. there is enough difference in the flange distances to allow infinity to reasonably close focus on all the lenses except the 90mm.



Jun 25, 2013 at 06:41 PM
sebboh
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.590 #3 · NEX Images Thread


couple more g28 shots:












Jun 25, 2013 at 07:04 PM
alwang
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.590 #4 · NEX Images Thread


sebboh wrote:
the problem is you need to fit both the gearing for the focus drive and the helicoid in a small space, the extra 2mm or whatever it is won't be much help. also, those cheap helicoid adapters have plastic helicoids and tend to wobble with any kind of torque. i wouldn't trust them to be able to take a flat field picture. my slightly more expensive one always induces a small amount of tilt. in order to make it work you would have to either use higher grade metals and fine machining (expensive) or expand the diameter a great deal,
...Show more

Sorry I wasn't clear: what you're suggesting is what I originally meant: bypass trying to link with the lens' focus mechanism altogether, and just focus entirely through a helicoid on the adapter. Should be no more complex than the Leica M helicoid adapters.



Jun 25, 2013 at 08:58 PM
Jim Schemel
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.590 #5 · NEX Images Thread


H.Lux wrote:
Beautiful colors, Jim. Love the pic.
The lens, is it with M42 mount? Which adapter do you use?

Thanks,
Stefan


Stefan,
thank you for your kind words.Yes it is the M42 mount and i use a M42 to nex adapter(fotodiox)
-Jim



Jun 25, 2013 at 09:30 PM
sebboh
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.590 #6 · NEX Images Thread


alwang wrote:
Sorry I wasn't clear: what you're suggesting is what I originally meant: bypass trying to link with the lens' focus mechanism altogether, and just focus entirely through a helicoid on the adapter. Should be no more complex than the Leica M helicoid adapters.


yeah, that makes more sense. the only problem is it probably won't provide enough throw for the g90 (not 100% sure about that will have check how much is needed for a 90mm lens).



Jun 25, 2013 at 10:09 PM
joanlvh
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.590 #7 · NEX Images Thread


nex 7 + 50 1.5







Jun 26, 2013 at 12:41 AM
alwang
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.590 #8 · NEX Images Thread


Leica 60/2.8:


nautilus by alwang, on Flickr



Jun 26, 2013 at 02:24 AM
Jim Schemel
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.590 #9 · NEX Images Thread


NEX 7 / Rokkor 50 @1.4
-Jim


Onion by jmschemel, on Flickr



Jun 26, 2013 at 08:12 PM
ken.vs.ryu
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.590 #10 · NEX Images Thread


nex-7 + canon 135mm f/3.5 ltm








Jun 27, 2013 at 02:24 AM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



sebboh
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.590 #11 · NEX Images Thread


rokkor 58/1.2:












Jun 27, 2013 at 03:16 AM
ebookman
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.590 #12 · NEX Images Thread


Very late in the evening right before sunset on one of the longest days of the year. Nex 5n - Zeiss Biogen f/2.8 ZM
I will say it again. This is one incredibly sharp lens.










Severe crop




Jun 27, 2013 at 04:03 AM
CoDaQue
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.590 #13 · NEX Images Thread




Hammer tribe, Omo Valley, Ethiopia.

NEX-5N+CV15+Lr4+Nik Color Efex

Thanks for looking!



Jun 27, 2013 at 02:54 PM
mortyb
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.590 #14 · NEX Images Thread


Great shot.


Jun 27, 2013 at 02:56 PM
sebboh
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.590 #15 · NEX Images Thread


mortyb wrote:
Great shot.


+1

a few from the 50 lux pre-asph:

















Jun 27, 2013 at 04:05 PM
joekraft
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.590 #16 · NEX Images Thread


I haven't found any 24/1.8 images - how does that lens perform?


Jun 27, 2013 at 09:25 PM
zhangyue
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.590 #17 · NEX Images Thread


CoDaQue wrote:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MhU91PPHCZ8/Ucw-uiihZyI/AAAAAAAAELQ/aaHGGbhZ8uw/s1600/DSC06089-Edit.jpg


Hammer tribe, Omo Valley, Ethiopia.

NEX-5N+CV15+Lr4+Nik Color Efex

Thanks for looking!


Great photo deserve a second look.



Jun 27, 2013 at 09:28 PM
Jim Schemel
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.590 #18 · NEX Images Thread


CoDaQue - great capture!
Sebboh - nice shots of your daughter.

-Jim

NEX 7 / Photex 35 T/S stopped down
Water Drops on Leaf by jmschemel, on Flickr



Jun 27, 2013 at 10:34 PM
SKumar25
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.590 #19 · NEX Images Thread


Outstanding photo CoDaQue.

Sebboh, nice set, it appears the 50 lux pre asph has totally different character wide open than stopped down.

Lovely shot Jim.



Jun 28, 2013 at 12:35 AM
Picture This!
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.590 #20 · NEX Images Thread


CoDaQue wrote:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-MhU91PPHCZ8/Ucw-uiihZyI/AAAAAAAAELQ/aaHGGbhZ8uw/s1600/DSC06089-Edit.jpg


Hammer tribe, Omo Valley, Ethiopia.

NEX-5N+CV15+Lr4+Nik Color Efex

Thanks for looking!


What a great shot !!



Jun 28, 2013 at 01:46 AM
1       2       3              589      
590
       591              686       687       end




FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              589      
590
       591              686       687       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password