Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              574      
       576              699       700       end

NEX Images Thread

sculptormic
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.575 #1 · NEX Images Thread

philber wrote:
Jovial, your second shot is waaaay beyond nice. If you don't telle me where the location is, I shall make sure you are not on my will. Félicitations!
Ebookman, don't feel left out. Love your shots too.

+1

You're a very funny attentive and kind man, Philipe Tres tres sympa!

( So can I asume that in principle everybody on this forum is on your will till somebody
makes a mistake or denys you something )

May 28, 2013 at 03:57 PM
philber
• • • • •
p.575 #2 · NEX Images Thread

Sure. Anybody who takes pictures this brilliant should get at least one of my memory cards

May 28, 2013 at 04:27 PM
Highfive

Upload & Sell: Off
p.575 #3 · NEX Images Thread

Some i have taken over the last days:

Tokina 90mm 2.5

Sony zeiss 24mm

May 28, 2013 at 06:13 PM
Phillip Reeve
• • •
p.575 #4 · NEX Images Thread

May 28, 2013 at 06:22 PM
H.Lux
• •
p.575 #5 · NEX Images Thread

philber wrote:
Jovial, your second shot is waaaay beyond nice. If you don't telle me where the location is, I shall make sure you are not on my will. Félicitations!
Ebookman, don't feel left out. Love your shots too.

+1!

And Thanks to Jim, Philippe and Sculptormic.

Highfive: Last one is really good.

Phillip Reeve: I really like your first one. Do you recommend the lens turbo? /edit: found your thread.

Today I've been out with my bicycle and the NEX-7 again. This time with ZA 24/1.8. Bad weather, therefore only two pics from Tiergarten

f5.6

f2.0

Enjoy Stefan

Edited on May 28, 2013 at 08:04 PM · View previous versions

May 28, 2013 at 06:33 PM
partitura
• •
p.575 #6 · NEX Images Thread

Stefan - I like these very much. I'm going to be in Berlin soon, and need to get to the Tiergarten.
HighFive - Wonderful images, all. I really liked the last one.
Phillip - I need to come take lessons from you.

Here are a few from today.

These are with the Leica 24mm Elmar and Nex 7.

And these were taken with my new C/Y 85mm and SpeedBooster.

I think I need to work on downsampling. These are so much clearer before I convert them to jpg.

May 28, 2013 at 07:48 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.575 #7 · NEX Images Thread

phillip, you tease!

what about the other lenses on the LT?!

May 28, 2013 at 08:20 PM
Phillip Reeve
• • •
p.575 #8 · NEX Images Thread

partitura wrote:
I think I need to work on downsampling. These are so much clearer before I convert them to jpg.

Do you know this thread: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1159959/0?keyword=sharpen#11063670

sebboh wrote:
phillip, you tease!

what about the other lenses on the LT?!

some first impressions here: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1216015

May 28, 2013 at 08:35 PM
jovial

p.575 #9 · NEX Images Thread

philber, I don't want to miss the occasion to be on on your will ! So this shot was taken in St. Peter Basilica.

And, thx for the encouragements !

May 28, 2013 at 09:25 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.575 #10 · NEX Images Thread

thanks for the link phillip! i almost never look for new threads.

a couple more from the g28:

May 28, 2013 at 09:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

wfrank
• • • •
p.575 #11 · NEX Images Thread

jovial wrote:
Roma with a Nex-7

Heliar 15

Superbs.

May 28, 2013 at 09:37 PM
H.Lux
• •
p.575 #12 · NEX Images Thread

Sebboh, Really good pics. Do you have experience with the c/y 28, too. Is the Contax G as sharp or even better?

Thnaks Stefan

May 28, 2013 at 09:46 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.575 #13 · NEX Images Thread

H.Lux wrote:
Sebboh, Really good pics. Do you have experience with the c/y 28, too. Is the Contax G as sharp or even better?

Thnaks Stefan

thanks! i haven't used the c/y 28/2.8, but zeiss's mtfs indicate that the contax g version should be a slightly better performer, especially as you move away from the center. on the NEX-7 i'm sure the c/y would perform better in the corners though. i have to stop down to f/11 to get decent extreme corners on the 7 (plus color correct the corners), things look much better on the 16mp NEXs though.

May 28, 2013 at 10:27 PM
jovial

p.575 #14 · NEX Images Thread

Phillip, the Lens Turbo seems to rock with rokkors ! Where did you buy yours ? The price was around 150€ ?

May 28, 2013 at 11:27 PM
partitura
• •
p.575 #15 · NEX Images Thread

Phillip -

Thanks to the reference to the downsampling thread. I've read through it quickly, and am trying to process it all in my head. May I ask what you are using now?

May 29, 2013 at 06:43 AM
Phillip Reeve
• • •
p.575 #16 · NEX Images Thread

jovial wrote:
Phillip, the Lens Turbo seems to rock with rokkors ! Where did you buy yours ? The price was around 150€ ?

i bought it here: link

partitura wrote:
Phillip -

Thanks to the reference to the downsampling thread. I've read through it quickly, and am trying to process it all in my head. May I ask what you are using now?

i export a 6MP image as 16bit psd to PS, apply this action:

sharpening by reevedata, on Flickr

then i usually fade the sharpened layer by 50%

May 29, 2013 at 07:34 AM
wfrank
• • • •
p.575 #17 · NEX Images Thread

sebboh wrote:
thanks! i haven't used the c/y 28/2.8, but zeiss's mtfs indicate that the contax g version should be a slightly better performer, especially as you move away from the center. on the NEX-7 i'm sure the c/y would perform better in the corners though. i have to stop down to f/11 to get decent extreme corners on the 7 (plus color correct the corners), things look much better on the 16mp NEXs though.

From my unscientific experience given my particular copies I'd say the Contax G on a 16MP NEX 5N rivals the CY (28/2.8) on a Canon 5D2 on the per pixel sharpness. And in my mind that is quite an achievement given the difference in pixel density.

People are rightfully saluting the CY 28/2.8 for colors, cross-frame performance and so forth. And the sharpness for landscaping is good, but not exceptional like e.g. the ZE 21/2.8.

What the CY may have, compared to the Contax G, is more Zeissyness.

May 29, 2013 at 07:58 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.575 #18 · NEX Images Thread

wfrank wrote:
From my unscientific experience given my particular copies I'd say the Contax G on a 16MP NEX 5N rivals the CY (28/2.8) on a Canon 5D2 on the per pixel sharpness. And in my mind that is quite an achievement given the difference in pixel density.

People are rightfully saluting the CY 28/2.8 for colors, cross-frame performance and so forth. And the sharpness for landscaping is good, but not exceptional like e.g. the ZE 21/2.8.

What the CY may have, compared to the Contax G, is more Zeissyness.

interesting, i do think the g45 has more of a classic zeiss look than the g28 does, but i like the g28 more because of that, and the g28 still has plenty of 3dness for me.

have you compared the c/y to g on the same camera or are you just comparing the c/y on the 5DII to g28 on the 5N?

May 29, 2013 at 08:22 AM
wfrank
• • • •
p.575 #19 · NEX Images Thread

No, it's on resp. camera only.

Dont know much about the G45 despite having it, it's a tricky focal length for me. The G21 suits me better and is by far the sharpest thing (per pixel wise) I put on the NEX 5N. But that one suffers badly in corners.

Generally the CY's are too big to justify putting on the NEX as I have the 5D2. But the smallest CY around is the super-pancake 45/2.8 with the potential of protruding less from the body than the G45. Quite a feat for a SLR lens :-)

May 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM
alwang
• • •
p.575 #20 · NEX Images Thread

A couple more random shots with the Samyang 14. They're all linked to full-size images if anyone is interested in pixel peeping. The resolution into the corners is impressive, particularly on APS-C. I think I still like the rendering better with the CV15, but I haven't found time to do a direct comparison.

midlevel by alwang, on Flickr

music hall R by alwang, on Flickr

flared knees by alwang, on Flickr

May 29, 2013 at 06:33 PM

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password