Sony 16mm 2.8

Nikon 50 f1.2

Oly 200mm f4

Jan 05, 2011 at 02:41 PM
Geofn
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

My new Voigtlander 15mm Heliar (M-mount) was just delivered and it is KILLING me that my M-NEX adapter didn't arrive! I'll post some shots once I get the adapter.

Jan 05, 2011 at 04:07 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

corposant wrote:
Has anybody tried a Leica 28mm Elmarit ASPH on a NEX? I feel like the focal length and (incredibly) small size would make for an amazing combination.

Haven't used that one specifically, but I owned the type III 28 and currently own an Elmarit 24 ASPH. Given my experience with those, I'd say your supposition is right on target.

Jan 05, 2011 at 06:13 PM
freaklikeme
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Permagrin wrote:
Philber, that's truly a lovely shot. I do think that the nex is only limited by the glass available. I have both the 16 and the 18-55 for mine. I also use my nikon & zeiss glass on it with better results but honesly, sometimes I just want to use AF. So it would be nice to have better lenses. I don't hate the 16mm lens though. It's fine. Not great. I like the 18-55 better but the 16 acts like many 16mm...sharp in the center, not on the edges. I find that it behaves better when shooting in
...Show more

Nice shots, Permagrin (love the handle, by the way). I finally got my F to E adapter, so I'm anxious to give the Nikon 35/1.4 a whirl on it. Nice to see someone else is having good experiences with it.

Jan 05, 2011 at 06:16 PM
burningheart
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Unconverted Rokkor 58

Leica R 180 F2.8 APO

Jan 05, 2011 at 07:42 PM
Caladbolg777

p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Thank you very much for the tips. I'll be sure to keep them in mind.

I thought about the Voigtlander lenses though I haven't done my research yet. I'm very interested in the Canon series of lenses (L and standard) but I'm not aware of any adapter for Canon lenses, but Voigtlander and Zeiss lenses seem interesting.

My budget is very low - so much so that it'll take me a month or two to be able to afford the NEX itself. So if I were to invest in Zeiss or Voigtlander, it's most likely going to be Voigtlander. This is the alternative thread so I'll stay alternative here, but I've also got the Canon system to think about (and whether or not I may be better off investing in a full-on SLR instead).

Either way, thank you very much for your help. I truly appreciate it.

Jan 05, 2011 at 07:47 PM
Lotusm50
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Experimenting with a Tilt adapter on my recently arrived NEX-5 for a few moments today.
I think it's going to take a little while to work out a good system to use this combination effectively and purposefully. It is a bit challenging to see what is happening on a little 3" LCD. With the ZF 50/1.4 (at f2.0):

Jan 05, 2011 at 11:00 PM
Permagrin
• •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

freaklikeme wrote:

Nice shots, Permagrin (love the handle, by the way). I finally got my F to E adapter, so I'm anxious to give the Nikon 35/1.4 a whirl on it. Nice to see someone else is having good experiences with it.

I actually very much like the 35 on the nex5. I keep it with that kit instead of my nikon kit. lol

Jan 05, 2011 at 11:33 PM
Planetwide
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

NEX & ZM18mm mostly F/8-11

This image I posted because I really pulled the shadows up, and it kind of shows the flexibilty of the NEX files - ZM18

NEX5 & ZM 50mm F/1.5

NEX5 & Voigtlander 12mm

Edited on Jan 07, 2011 at 08:04 AM · View previous versions

Jan 06, 2011 at 11:20 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

a few from the much maligned 16mm (i'm not really a huge fan either, but mine is decent for the price):

wide open:

stopped down:

Jan 06, 2011 at 12:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

burningheart
• • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Andrew am I correct your Voigtlander 12mm is the M mount and not the SL (F mount) version?

What adapter do you use?

Jan 06, 2011 at 12:46 PM
Planetwide
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

I have three adapters in the M-Emount. I shimmed two of them to reach infinity, the third is very close. I will be putting them up for sale today as I have a GH2 arriving.

My 12mm is the screw mount with an M adapter on it. I went with the screw mount so that I could attach filters to it.

Let me know if you are looking for adapters, as I have a bunch...

Jan 06, 2011 at 01:56 PM
akul
• • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

For those who may be interested in how NEX's size would be when attaching ZF lens. Image of NEX with ZF35 + Novoflex, sitting next to ZF21 + D700

Jan 08, 2011 at 09:24 AM
corposant
• • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Andrew Gough wrote:
NEX & ZM18mm mostly F/8-11

Hmm, both the ZM 18mm and ZM 25mm are on my local CL board at pretty good prices...

Jan 08, 2011 at 11:39 PM
corposant
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

sebboh wrote:
a few from the much maligned 16mm (i'm not really a huge fan either, but mine is decent for the price):

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4907748734_662a0cfa96_b.jpg

Cool shots, sebboh, but you have some pretty noticeable spots you may want to clone out (or get a sensor/lens cleaning)...

Jan 08, 2011 at 11:40 PM
sebboh
• • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

corposant wrote:
Cool shots, sebboh, but you have some pretty noticeable spots you may want to clone out (or get a sensor/lens cleaning)...

yeah, old shot. i noticed those right after i uploaded and was too lazy to reupload after cloning them out. some of the others had a few too, i just noticed those in time. i do seem to be getting quite a bit of dust on my sensor with the NEX. does anybody have any suggestions for cheap and safe sensor cleaning solutions? in the past i've either had someone else clean it for me or never needed to clean the sensor (yay olympus).

Jan 09, 2011 at 12:10 AM
wyan
• • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Rumors has it that the Zeiss lens for NEX will be a 24/1.7. I hope its image quality is at least an equal to ZM25.

A few from the ZM25 and NEX5 combo.

Jan 09, 2011 at 12:44 AM
mnscott
• •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

wyan wrote:
Rumors has it that the Zeiss lens for NEX will be a 24/1.7. I hope its image quality is at least an equal to ZM25.

A few from the ZM25 and NEX5 combo.

These are excellent, wyan! Not just technically speaking, either - fascinating subjects also.

Although I love using Nikkor's on the NEX-5, images from Zeiss lenses like your ZM25 are really tempting me to look in that direction.

Jan 09, 2011 at 08:31 AM
akul
• • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Wyan - +1 to mnscott. Great photos. Did you use cornerfix, or you have not had the need for it with ZM25 ?

Jan 09, 2011 at 08:59 AM
wyan
• • •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Sony (APS-C) Images Thread

Thanks, Scott. Thanks Akul. No need for my copy.

Jan 09, 2011 at 11:13 AM
       3              838       839       end

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

3              838       839       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.