Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Archive 2004 · B&H bad experience

Norman my love
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · B&H bad experience

I've had bad luck with Adorama, but use B&H all the time. They have never been rude to me and seem to have quite a few knowledgeable people. Maybe there has been a turnover. I order from B&H, Calumet and Keeble and Shuchat in Palo Alto, CA. Cameras and lenses are competetive. If they don't have an accessory as cheap as the B&H, tell them and they might lower the cost. I have purchased 2 cameras shipped to me and also a professional scanner and also have shopped in the store when visiting that area.

Mar 11, 2014 at 06:02 PM
Norman my love
• • •
p.3 #2 · B&H bad experience

As far as B&H or any other Camera Store selling used items as new, they most likely are returns, which have nothing wrong. Some photographers will even order more than one of a certain lens to see which one has the best IQ. If a return is not packed up exactly perfect or if the buyer forgets to put a cap back on, etc, it can appear used.

Mar 11, 2014 at 06:09 PM
henryp
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · B&H bad experience

Developing Story: Calumet Announces Immediate Closing in the US

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

Mar 13, 2014 at 02:57 PM
dmacmillan
• • • •
p.3 #4 · B&H bad experience

henryp wrote:
Developing Story: Calumet Announces Immediate Closing in the US

Henry Posner
henryp@bhphoto.com
B&H Photo-Video

That's unfortunate. Calumet has been such a venerable member of the photographic industry. I shot for years on a Calumet 4x5 and still own an 8 1/2" Caltar lens. It's like hearing the news I can't buy Kodachrome any more.

Mar 13, 2014 at 09:50 PM
tuantran
• •
p.3 #5 · B&H bad experience

Everyone here has a choice. The buyer can easily buy his equipment elsewhere and the seller should protect his investments and ban abuser to prevent increase costs to other buyers. It's really that simple.

That said, I have never had bad experience with B&H nor Adorama. But then again, I pretty much know what I want 99% of the time.

Mar 14, 2014 at 06:16 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

roger1
• •
p.3 #6 · B&H bad experience

+1 for tuantran

Mar 26, 2014 at 01:30 AM
armorris

p.3 #7 · B&H bad experience

Never had any complaints about B&H, except the one time I called -- this was years ago -- they were rude. (Sometimes it just happens.) That said, ALWAYS had good experiences online. Flawless, actually. Calumet, though, it's a shame they're gone.

Mar 26, 2014 at 09:44 PM
Ryder
• • •
p.3 #8 · B&H bad experience

I think part of this is a mess of our own making. Buyers of equipment more and more, shop price only, and shave points off until margins are really thin. Most local brick and mortar shops are going extinct. Then we want personal service too. We've killed it off and blame Henry (or whoever) for it.

With regard to return policies I can't blame stores for refusing to deal with some people. I know of a couple local people who abuse returns to no end.

Mar 30, 2014 at 11:40 AM
mmurph
• • • •
p.3 #9 · B&H bad experience

Best customer service experience I have ever had was at Midwest Photo:

http://mpex.com

Establish a relationship with someone there over the phone and they will take care of you. Their web site is also decent, but not quite as sophisticated as some.

Their ink prices are as good as or better than anyone else in many cases. They also have some great specials via email from time to time.

When I needed to pick up an Epson 7800 printer over Thanksgiving weekend, one of the owners- Stu- gave me his home phone number and cell phone number so that I could pick it up on Thanksgiving Day!

That wasn't necessary, as I was able to pick it up on the next day. But that showed a dedication to customer service that I have never forgotten. Great store, excellent people.

Cheers!

Apr 13, 2014 at 08:11 PM
sb in ak
• •
p.3 #10 · B&H bad experience

Another vote for 2filter. Nice folks out of Vermont, I think. You call the number, no robots, just nice folks.

Apr 13, 2014 at 08:25 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password