New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2010 · Mamiya Bellows on Mirex Question

Michael Gordon
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Mamiya Bellows on Mirex Question

I think a few FMers use this combo. I have enjoyed the Mirex but looking for more movement. Did see a "manual" bellows at KEH for about 300 USD in EX+ condition, but it was gone in a flash. I mostly see the "auto " versions
on yabe. Wonder if the manual one has more movments. Not really sure if there are any other differences to watch for.
Thanks for any comments.
Mike

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:46 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Mamiya Bellows on Mirex Question

There's an Auto Bellows N listed on eBay now as item 110610049592. I don't have any experience with this seller. The price is less than I paid for mine.

The "adapter to connect body" mentioned in the eBay description and shown laying on the table in the first eBay photo is required to attach it to a Mamiya 645 body. You attach the M645 to EOS adapter (Mirex or fixed) to this adapter. I normally use the adapter as shown in this auction, and on my second photo above. You may notice that I've removed some of the gizmos from mine. I also have a homemade slim bellows to M645 adapter that I use to minimize sensor to lens distance (it's mentioned in the tabular data on bellows extension).

Nov 21, 2010 at 12:59 AM
Michael Gordon
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Mamiya Bellows on Mirex Question

Couldn't ask for a more thorough answer. Thanks. I assume the front end wil take the Mamiya 80 +120 macro lenses too. I have a custom OM-Mamiya as to put my OM macros on the front. This will be a fun project.
Mike

Nov 21, 2010 at 09:25 AM
David McCaugha

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Mamiya Bellows on Mirex Question

Has anybody tried RZ/RB lenses with this setup? I have some RZ lenses sitting around and would love to put them to work using canon digital bodies.

Nov 21, 2010 at 10:47 AM
numbers505
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Mamiya Bellows on Mirex Question

I have the same set-up pictured above (mirex, autobellows N, 5dmk2) but found I really didn't use the auto bellows much at all. However, with live view, very easy to focus and a good range of movements.

Nov 21, 2010 at 03:20 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.