Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5       end

Archive 2010 · What's going on at RRS?

sjms
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · What's going on at RRS?

what a freakin world we live in.

but there are many in the world just like this. knee jerk reactions to knee jerk issues.

Nov 20, 2010 at 05:10 PM
Beni
• • • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · What's going on at RRS?

Oh and how many refuse to buy any gas due to the death penalty for homosexuality in pretty much all the middle east where the majority of gas comes from?

I dislike petty hypocracy, if you intend to only buy from companies whose owners policies agree with your own then all least be honest and apply it to everything.

So few have the courage to face the reality of fighting for their convictions.

Nov 20, 2010 at 05:13 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · What's going on at RRS?

having been there i will leave any further comments to others. they are an intersting lot to say the least. the hypocrisy is not so petty in that neighborhood. it is quite refined.

Edited on Nov 20, 2010 at 08:44 PM · View previous versions

Nov 20, 2010 at 05:18 PM
galenapass
• • • •
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · What's going on at RRS?

Well I for one will not be buying any more from RRS. It does not affect me personally but I have good friends who are kind and decent people, and this sort of backwards thinking does affect them. I am disappointing in RRS, and disappointed that I will be missing their great products.

Nov 20, 2010 at 05:18 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · What's going on at RRS?

ok. thats fine. have a nice day

i guess we need a don't ask don't tell policy. this is so no one invariably becomes a victim of their own hypocrisy by doing business with someone who has a different view of the life, the universe and everything then they do.

Edited on Nov 20, 2010 at 08:40 PM · View previous versions

Nov 20, 2010 at 05:19 PM
jbiernat

p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · What's going on at RRS?

Beni wrote:
Oh and how many refuse to buy any gas due to the death penalty for homosexuality in pretty much all the middle east where the majority of gas comes from?

I dislike petty hypocracy, if you intend to only buy from companies whose owners policies agree with your own then all least be honest and apply it to everything.

So few have the courage to face the reality of fighting for their convictions.

Excellent point!!! The homosexual community should be absolutely livid over the treatment of gays in middle eastern countries. Joe on the other hand gives a PERSONAL donation to a cause he believes in and people want to boycott his products. Remember he was required to name his source of income, it was not a corporate donation. This issue is so small compared to the horrors that exist in this world. Gays are being tortured and killed daily yet the silence is deafening. Now that is a battle worth fighting.

Nov 20, 2010 at 05:45 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · What's going on at RRS?

yep right along with the rest of those someone in this world doesn't like. don't think your special. you are just some of the many.

Nov 20, 2010 at 06:04 PM
rmc1
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #8 · p.4 #8 · What's going on at RRS?

If ya'll are going to repeatedly keep using the word, at least spell it right: hypocrisy.

Hypocracy doesn't show up in the dictionary I checked, but if it's a word it likely has something to do with the "Hypocratic Oath."

Nov 20, 2010 at 07:59 PM
eos-m42guy
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #9 · p.4 #9 · What's going on at RRS?

rmc1 -- The Urban Dictionary has a definition for Hipocracy.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hypocrasy

Nov 20, 2010 at 08:06 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.4 #10 · p.4 #10 · What's going on at RRS?

hypocrisy

Nov 20, 2010 at 08:10 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

sjms
• • • • • •
p.4 #11 · p.4 #11 · What's going on at RRS?

spelling issue resolved

thank you for bringing that to my attention

Edited on Nov 20, 2010 at 08:54 PM · View previous versions

Nov 20, 2010 at 08:30 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.4 #12 · p.4 #12 · What's going on at RRS?

jbiernat wrote:
Excellent point!!! The homosexual community should be absolutely livid over the treatment of gays in middle eastern countries. Joe on the other hand gives a PERSONAL donation to a cause he believes in and people want to boycott his products. Remember he was required to name his source of income, it was not a corporate donation. This issue is so small compared to the horrors that exist in this world. Gays are being tortured and killed daily yet the silence is deafening. Now that is a battle worth fighting.

what a singular view of things. what about the Malaysian and Indonesian female maids and other workers in the MI. beaten, raped, murdered and disposed of like trash. they have no rights while employed in these housholds or projects. but then it is all about you isn't it?

and this is the G rated side
http://womensrights.change.org/blog/view/maids_in_middle_east_and_asia_face_inhumane_working_conditions

Edited on Nov 20, 2010 at 09:17 PM · View previous versions

Nov 20, 2010 at 08:37 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.4 #13 · p.4 #13 · What's going on at RRS?

rmc1 wrote:
If ya'll are going to repeatedly keep using the word, at least spell it right: hypocrisy.

Hypocracy doesn't show up in the dictionary I checked, but if it's a word it likely has something to do with the "Hypocratic Oath."

granted i misspelled it (should have checked first) but i know it when i see it. it is all too prevelent here, there and everywhere.

Nov 20, 2010 at 08:45 PM
Smiert Spionam
• • • •
p.4 #14 · p.4 #14 · What's going on at RRS?

People in distant places do bad things, therefore it's hypocritical to scrutinize the ethics of people with whom we do business at home.

?

Nov 20, 2010 at 09:05 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.4 #15 · p.4 #15 · What's going on at RRS?

Smiert Spionam wrote:
People in distant places do bad things, therefore it's hypocritical to scrutinize the ethics of people with whom we do business at home.

?

people everywhere do bad things.

Nov 20, 2010 at 09:18 PM
Smiert Spionam
• • • •
p.4 #16 · p.4 #16 · What's going on at RRS?

sjms wrote:
people everywhere do bad things.

... therefore it's hypocritical to comment on any of it.

Again... ?

What a bizarre turn this thread has taken.

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:01 PM
jbiernat

p.4 #17 · p.4 #17 · What's going on at RRS?

sjms wrote:
what a singular view of things. what about the Malaysian and Indonesian female maids and other workers in the MI. beaten, raped, murdered and disposed of like trash. they have no rights while employed in these housholds or projects. but then it is all about you isn't it?

and this is the G rated side
http://womensrights.change.org/blog/view/maids_in_middle_east_and_asia_face_inhumane_working_conditions

I beg to differ, at least pertaining to my comment. True there are a multitude of atrocities in this world and I am not going to address them all. Insofar as we have been relegated to a debate on ones ability to take a stand on gay marriage I confined my response to the plight of gay individuals. I understand the point you are making but it is simply not the topic of this discussion. Joe's right to support a cause he believes in is the heart of this thread. At least that's what it has turned into. If more people took this initiative maybe lobbyists of special interests would not have so much power over our political system. Good for Joe!!! And if someone wants to do business elsewhere thats their right. I'm just saying I think there are bigger fish to fry in the gay community.

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:21 PM
Smiert Spionam
• • • •
p.4 #18 · p.4 #18 · What's going on at RRS?

Dolphins are still being slaughtered in Japan, therefore I can't give my neighbor a dirty look when he kicks his dog.

It's the same absurd, infantile ethical reasoning.

And while we're at it, who the hell are any of us (gay or straight) to pronounce what is or isn't appropriate for "the gay community" (as if it's a static, monolithic thing) to pay attention to?

This isn't about "the gay community", anyway. It's not about any community. It's about ME taking responsibility for my consumer behavior.

I don't want to spend MY hard-earned money supporting someone who contributes the profits of that enterprise to institutionalizing bigotry.

We arguably (perhaps not even arguably) have more direct influence in the public sphere as consumers than we do as voters. Our choices about when and how we spend our money speak very loudly. Are such statements absolutely pure, and free from the stain of hypocrisy, or self-interest, or convenience? Nope. But that doesn't mean that I somehow then surrender all right (and responsibility) to try to distribute my meager financial resources in ways that I feel have ethical integrity.

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:41 PM
sjms
• • • • • •
p.4 #19 · p.4 #19 · What's going on at RRS?

no comment

Nov 20, 2010 at 10:53 PM
sperraglia
• • •
p.4 #20 · p.4 #20 · What's going on at RRS?

Smiert Spionam wrote:
Dolphins are still being slaughtered in Japan, therefore I can't give my neighbor a dirty look when he kicks his dog.

It's the same absurd, infantile ethical reasoning.

And while we're at it, who the hell are any of us (gay or straight) to pronounce what is or isn't appropriate for "the gay community" (as if it's a static, monolithic thing) to pay attention to?

This isn't about "the gay community", anyway. It's not about any community. It's about ME taking responsibility for my consumer behavior.

I don't want to spend MY hard-earned money supporting someone who contributes the profits of
...Show more

+1

Nov 21, 2010 at 01:03 AM
1       2       3      
       5       end

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       5       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password