Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · #415 Young Love

Any feedback appreciated

Sep 20, 2010 at 08:20 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · #415 Young Love

I’m digging the idea and the composition, but not so much the processing. If you could reduce the hot areas on her lips, it would make this much better! Outside of that, well done.

greg

Sep 21, 2010 at 12:12 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · #415 Young Love

Greg ... are you complaining that her lips are 'too hot"? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

I'm diggin' it because of the processing in addition to all the above.

We use selective DOF, sharpening, color, etc. all the time to focus the viewers attention and I think the processing has drawn us straight to where the action is, even to the point of having an emotive feel to it. It 'looks strangely different' somehow ... but it works for me. I'm guessing a very subtle transitioning high key vignette ... do tell.

Sep 21, 2010 at 02:26 PM
bryanlindsey
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · #415 Young Love

It's actually an extreme "reverse" vignette.

The original had too much contrast, even with a linear curve. By moving the lights down and the darks up, I was able to really reduce the contrast. A nifty trick, if I do say so myself

Sep 21, 2010 at 02:56 PM
gregfountain
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · #415 Young Love

RustyBug wrote:
Greg ... are you complaining that her lips are 'too hot"? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

I'm diggin' it because of the processing in addition to all the above.

We use selective DOF, sharpening, color, etc. all the time to focus the viewers attention and I think the processing has drawn us straight to where the action is, even to the point of having an emotive feel to it. It 'looks strangely different' somehow ... but it works for me. I'm guessing a very subtle transitioning high key vignette ... do tell.

Yeah, I guess after being here a while and getting a lot of feedback against blown highlights, I kind of see them as a distraction. While I like the image overall, I just can’t look past the hot spots.....that’s just me being nit-picky....and after visiting Bryan’s web site, I’m pretty sure he knows very well how to manage them!

Sep 21, 2010 at 03:13 PM
bryanlindsey
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · #415 Young Love

Hopefully this was an acceptable case of breaking the rules

Sep 21, 2010 at 03:32 PM
Chad Schulz
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · #415 Young Love

Love the composition and the processing. Looks like Paris Hilton

Chad

Sep 22, 2010 at 06:57 AM

FM Forums | Weekly Assignments | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.