FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       7              5889       5890       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Here is another night shot taken with the 28 f/2.8 AI-s during a fireworks display that was part of World Ports Day in Rotterdam. The display was on the other side of the Erasmus bridge. Note the trolley cars crossing the bridge at that moment.

Sep 13, 2010 at 07:52 PM
dj dunzie
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I like that shot... nice job with the exposure.

Here's one from the Zeiss 100/f2 M-P...

Sep 13, 2010 at 08:31 PM
NikkorAIS
• • •
Account locked
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

My Nikon collection.

Taken with a Nikkor 15 5.6 AIS on D3 with SB -900 bounced off the roof

Sep 13, 2010 at 10:17 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.6 #4 · p.6 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NikkorAIS wrote:
My Nikon collection...

Takes my breath away...

As you observed on your thread about the 8mm f/2.8 AI-s lens, you bought many of these items before their rediscovery with the arrival of full frame Nikon bodies beginning with the D3. I haven't paid big bucks for any of the eight manual focus lenses I picked up this year but then the longest is the 200 f/4 that was an absolute steal. I posted the link to the E-Bay listing for the 8mm lens which is certainly beyond my budget, but I'd guess some of your longer lenses would command a premium as well.

Glad you stopped by. Hope you'll tell us more about some of these beauties and share a few photos taken with them. You arrived at FM at a perfect time, since MF glass is very much on folks minds at the moment. Welcome!

Sep 13, 2010 at 10:30 PM
NikkorAIS
• • •
Account locked
p.6 #5 · p.6 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you very much. Im feeling really good about this place. And the quality of the work here is outstanding. I wish I had more time to read other people post and go back into the archives. In time I'll get there.

Now about my collections.

I thinned it out quite a bit sinch this photo was taken. I no longer have the 400 2.8 IF ED AIS or the 200 2.0 IF ED AIS or the 600 4.0 IF ED AIS which was recently stolen. I still got most of the rest. Im also shooting the Lecia M system so Im kind of fighting ther battle on two fronts.

It's great that Nikkor MF glass is getting some love. I'll post a selection of differnt images with various glass to get started on banging the Nikkor AIS monkey

Nikkor 800 5.6 IF ED AIS with TC-301 on D3 Wimberly/Gitzo . Live view ( to save the eyes) and cable release.

Nikkor 800 5.6 IF-ED AIS and TC 301 and SB 900 on D3 ISO 200

Nikkor 28 1.4 AF_D On D3

This was taken with a 1936 Carl Zeiss 180 2.8 Olylmic Sonnar on D3

The Nikkor 800 5.6 IF ED AIS all pimped out

Nikkor 800 5.6 IF ED AIS on D3 Hand held on D3

Nikkor 800 5.6 IF-ED AIS on D3 wimberly Huge Manfrotto with cable release. I prefocused on the cow and set exposer and than Stood in front of the lens and 'flagger the front element from the sun which was just above the cow..

I love cows. there so curious when you pull up and set up shooting , they just come a running.

Nikkor 800 5.6 IF ED AIS on D2h o mono pod

Two hawks fighting over a goffer. One hawk is biting the other in the shoulder. The one being bitten gave a unearthly shriek. I though he was going to take the hawk who was bitting him eye out. It all happened so fast. And I was so tight. I was just lucky to nail the focus and stop the action because I was @ 1/250 second.

"First flight"

Nikkor 800 5.6 IF-ED AIS on D3 Wimberlt /huge manfrotto @ f8

Taken at a local creek. Close to where I grew up. I just working my way closer and closer. Untill I was right up against the minimum focus. Than this little fellow stood right up and tested his wings. This picture still makes me smile.

I'll feature anther lens and another set in my next post.

Hope youe guys/girls like the pictures.

Gregory

Sep 13, 2010 at 11:34 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.6 #6 · p.6 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love them Gregory. Sorry to here about the stolen lens. I know we buy and occasionally sell, but losing gear through theft is certainly not a pleasant experience. Occasionally members will share horror stories. Fortunately, up till now I've not lost gear that way.

Here's another shot from my recent trip. I've been pouring over images, slowly working my way through ten days of shooting. I simply downloaded each day's shoot onto a small portable drive that i uploaded to my computer in the midst of my jet lag haze. Today I feel capable of doing some post processing work. This was shot wide open with the 20 f/2.8 AI-s. I don't know if this lens is out of production but I noted when I checked the photosynthesis site that my copy of this lens has the LAST serial number listed, for whatever that may or may not be worth...

One of the things that amazed me was both the length of barges plying the river Maas, but also the speed at which they travel. One barge tied up beneath my friend's living room window as listed at 135 meters long, or about one and a half football fields in length! Amazing!

Edited on Jun 02, 2012 at 03:59 PM · View previous versions

Sep 14, 2010 at 12:57 AM
NikkorAIS
• • •
Account locked
p.6 #7 · p.6 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love the river shots . I could sit a the rivers edge all day.

next lens is... the

Nikkor 300 2.8 IF-ED AIS on F2AS with MD2/ F3T MD4/ FM2 MD12 all these are Tri-X.

Gregory

Sep 14, 2010 at 02:14 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.6 #8 · p.6 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

During my visit to the Netherlands I joined a friend in attending a wedding in the beautiful town of Delft. The ceremony was held at municipal offices in a building built in the early seventeenth century, while the reception was held some miles south. I was fortunate to join the bride and groom and their close friends on a boat traveling along one of Delft's historic canals. Here are a couple of shots from that day. Most of the shots were taken with the 20 f/2.8 AI-s, the last with the 105 f/2.5 AI-s.

Edited on Jun 02, 2012 at 04:00 PM · View previous versions

Sep 14, 2010 at 04:54 PM
Gregory.Rotter
• • • •
p.6 #9 · p.6 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

digging the bw shot

Sep 14, 2010 at 05:45 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.6 #10 · p.6 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Gregory.Rotter wrote:
digging the bw shot

Yes, except it wasn't converted to black and white. There isn't much color rendered in the dark, however...

Sep 14, 2010 at 08:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jlawrence
• • •
p.6 #11 · p.6 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Nikon 50mm 1.8 Series E- all black

Nikon D700 all on ambient light

Sep 14, 2010 at 09:28 PM
JR Magat
• • • •
p.6 #12 · p.6 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I just bought a used Nikon 50mm 1.2 AI-S! Hopefully I get it soon so I can join the fun!

Sep 15, 2010 at 02:34 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.6 #13 · p.6 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Gary Clennan wrote:
Nikkor 28mm f/2.8 AIS CRC + FE2...

Great shots! When traveling in the Netherlands last week I found the 28 f/2.8 AI-s to be a stellar performer. One night I shot fireworks with it, on many days it was my walk around lens. It is wonderfully sharp even wide open. This is a touch dark but I have fond memories of this particular moment... This was taken in Delft after a 20 km bicycle ride with my friend who regularly commutes to work on her bike. For me it was a stretch and this meal was much appreciated.

Edited on Jun 02, 2012 at 04:01 PM · View previous versions

Sep 15, 2010 at 02:55 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.6 #14 · p.6 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

JR Magat wrote:
I just bought a used Nikon 50mm 1.2 AI-S! Hopefully I get it soon so I can join the fun!

I LOVE this lens and shot with it extensively during my recent trip. I've already posted a couple of shots taken in the evening, what my friend in the Netherlands calls the "blue hour." Here is evidence of what she is talking about. This was shot hand held, manual mode at f/2, 1/60th and Auto ISO of 4500, from the top of the Euro Mast looking south across the Maas River toward one of the many harbors within Rotterdam. You might want to take your new lens out and do a bit of night shooting, what a friend calls "available darkness" shooting.

Edited on Jun 02, 2012 at 04:02 PM · View previous versions

Sep 15, 2010 at 03:00 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.6 #15 · p.6 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jlawrence wrote:
Nikon 50mm 1.8 Series E- all black

Nikon D700 all on ambient light

Thanks for sharing these and joining the conversation. I'm especially fond of night shooting with the D700, so needless to say your second shot speaks to me. I initiated the thread on night shooting in the city life and abstract section but unfortunately no one seemed interested in the subject. Perhaps you'd enjoy some of the photos I posted, many of which were shot with the faster, big brother of your lens, the 50 f/1.2 AI-s. Here is a link if you'd care to check it out...

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/928563/0#8765993

Sep 15, 2010 at 03:09 PM
jlawrence
• • •
p.6 #16 · p.6 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Thanks for sharing these and joining the conversation. I'm especially fond of night shooting with the D700, so needless to say your second shot speaks to me. I initiated the thread on night shooting in the city life and abstract section but unfortunately no one seemed interested in the subject. Perhaps you'd enjoy some of the photos I posted, many of which were shot with the faster, big brother of your lens, the 50 f/1.2 AI-s. Here is a link if you'd care to check it out...

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/928563/0#8765993

OH definitely will be participating!!

Sep 15, 2010 at 06:30 PM
dmora
• •
p.6 #17 · p.6 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I love MF lenses, but i rage that i dont have split prism on my d700.

I was wondering what y'alls opinion was on the 50mm f/1.2!? I want to scoop one up for my FM2.

Sep 16, 2010 at 06:19 PM
Gregory.Rotter
• • • •
p.6 #18 · p.6 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I joined in

Sep 16, 2010 at 07:14 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.6 #19 · p.6 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

dmora wrote:

I was wondering what y'alls opinion was on the 50mm f/1.2!? I want to scoop one up for my FM2.

I love all the MF Nikkors I own but my favorite is the 50mm f/1.2. Coming a close second is the 105mm f/2.5 and third is my 20mm f/4.

Sep 16, 2010 at 07:21 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.6 #20 · p.6 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

dmora wrote:

It has been such a long time since I shot with a Nikkormat and manual focus lenses, that I forget about the experience of relying on a split prism viewfinder to gain focus. This time around I've relied on the focus confirmation system provided by the D700. It has proved quite effective, though I don't often shoot wide open with the 50 f/1.2. That might be a bit of a crap shoot. Is the split prism available for the D700?

With regard to that lens, it is surely one of my favorites and as I note above, I used it extensively during a recent trip but only took a couple of shots wide open. Here are two, first of a friend after dinner, the second a 100% crop of an empty plate with focus on the tines of the fork. It was rather mediocre Chinese food, but the company was great!

Edited on Jun 02, 2012 at 04:02 PM · View previous versions

Sep 16, 2010 at 09:31 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password