FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              2165      
       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

GroWeb
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2166 #1 · p.2166 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

To start this new page, here are a few images in square format from the Canadian Prairies in 2017 and the Fuji X-E2 with unspecified MFNG.

Mar 17, 2024 at 06:12 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2166 #2 · p.2166 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Yes, one lives with us while going to school while the other lives in the UK going to school.
All grown up = I'm getting old!

I'll try to get the Nikkors out this summer.

- J

Second Mary on this, it is good to see your here and your family doing well John.

Mar 18, 2024 at 12:22 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2166 #3 · p.2166 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

were your kids involved in this

jhinkey wrote:
Ah, it's been a long long while.
Life has taken a different turn (all for the good) which means I don't get the Nikkors out as much as I'd like to.
Did however take the 16/3.5 AI to an International Biathlon Union (IBU) competition at Soldier Hollow (near Salt Lake City, Utah) last weekend and used it on the Sony A7C.
Here's a few select shots. Most at F/5.6 or f/8.

Mar 18, 2024 at 03:51 AM
serge07
• • •
p.2166 #4 · p.2166 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

James Markus wrote:
Another fine tour of Rome, and history Serge. So many places I get to see through this forum while having a tea break. Thanks!

James, glad you enjoy the travel photos. I am more than happy to do the leg work.

I was going to ask where you have the film developed but see you have a nice processing lab at the house. Someday, I would like to take the Nikkormat EL for a spin but the film processing part holds me back.

Very nice portrait of the young lady.

Serge

Mar 18, 2024 at 08:27 AM
milt
• •
p.2166 #5 · p.2166 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Spring is coming!!!!

55 micro f3.5

_DSC7159_870 by Regina, on Flickr

45mm f2.8 P

_DSC7187_868 by Regina, on Flickr

Mar 18, 2024 at 11:46 AM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.2166 #6 · p.2166 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Serge, If you can pour a scotch - you can develope b&w film. A fancy mixed drink is analogous to c41 or e6 processing. I'm just scratching an itch to do it the old way before I can't do it. To be honest, digital is so superior to 35mm film it isnt even close. The first digital cameras were like Seurat doing pointillism with a few thousand dots - now it is multi-millions.

serge07 wrote:
James, glad you enjoy the travel photos. I am more than happy to do the leg work.

I was going to ask where you have the film developed but see you have a nice processing lab at the house. Someday, I would like to take the Nikkormat EL for a spin but the film processing part holds me back.

Very nice portrait of the young lady.

Serge

Mar 18, 2024 at 12:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.2166 #7 · p.2166 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

As much as one likes to admire the sharpness pf 15mm 5.6 ais, there are better subjects out there.

California is green, green, and it is still raining.

But the 15mm 5.6 at home with wonderful field curvature that keeps the sides and corners super sharp to the with a matching subject:

Nikkor 15mm 5.6 ai Z7 Home in spring California_01_01 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

Is not as interesting as the 50-300mm ed ais with a more colorful subject.

Nikkor 50-300mm 4.5 ED AIS Z7 CArlsbad flowers 2024 California_01 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

Processing above Nikon software, below lightroom classic.

Nikkor nikon 50-300mm 4.5 ed ais z7 Carlsbad flowers 2024 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

Mar 18, 2024 at 07:12 PM
spoupard
• • •
p.2166 #8 · p.2166 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well, I know I'm getting old and losing my mind! This past weekend, I decided to take my two grandsons for a "hike." They are 4 & 8, so it was really just a short walk through the woods. I decided to take just the Z6 ii and 35/2 Nikkor-O with me. We loaded up in the truck and drove about 10 miles to the Piedmont National Wildlife Refuge in central GA. I parked the truck and we piled out ready to hike. Only then did i realize that my camera was still sitting on the kitchen table at home!

Oh well, we still had a good time and they didn't care that I left the camera at home. I know I'm getting older, but I'm too young to completely forget the camera!

Here's a photo that I took on one of my many previous trips. I may have posted this once before, but, if so, here it is again. I selected this photo because it's in the same area my grandsons and I visited.

Nikon Zfc, 25-50/4

23-Piedmont NWR-ZFC_0997v1.nef-web by Scott Poupard

Mar 18, 2024 at 07:55 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.2166 #9 · p.2166 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

spoupard wrote:
Well, I know I'm getting old and losing my mind! This past weekend, I decided to take my two grandsons for a "hike." They are 4 & 8, so it was really just a short walk through the woods. I decided to take just the Z6 ii and 35/2 Nikkor-O with me. We loaded up in the truck and drove about 10 miles to the Piedmont National Wildlife Refuge in central GA. I parked the truck and we piled out ready to hike. Only then did i realize that my camera was still sitting on the kitchen table at home!
...Show more

Nice contrast of green and dry.

Just be glad it was the camera and not the kids.

Mar 18, 2024 at 08:09 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • •
p.2166 #10 · p.2166 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Some more Carlsbad flowers, I just sit in a road above the fields and the 6x range of the 50-300mm 4.5 ED ais comes in handy.

Nikkor 50-300mm 4.5 ED AIS Z7 CArlsbad flowers 2024 California_01_05 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

Nikkor 50-300mm 4.5 ED AIS Z7 CArlsbad flowers 2024 California_01_01 by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

Mar 18, 2024 at 08:12 PM
James Markus
• • • • •
p.2166 #11 · p.2166 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I have more Tea Cup ideas to pursue, but this all got started by my youngest son Sam after he came back from participating (played snare drum) in the Scottish highland games tattoo/festival in 2022. (I probably messed up the event name) While in Scotland he developed a taste for tea. He recently got two huge boxes, and I love both of them - rekindling my own tea addiction. I fine the topic one I need to visually work through, but it is fun. Here are five more to go with the expired Tri-X film and first Tea Cup photo.

All shot with the D850 and the Nikkor 35mm f1.4 ais wide open

Mar 18, 2024 at 09:50 PM
SiMuMe
• • • •
p.2166 #12 · p.2166 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

spoupard wrote:
...Show more

Oh that's a bummer, and I bet in the absence of a camera, many photo opportunities were observed.

I recall this picture. There were two versions of it posted. I think the other was black and white.

Mar 18, 2024 at 10:23 PM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.