Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4193      
4194
       4195              4363       4364       end
  

Manual Focus Nikon Glass
  
 
MarkdV
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4194 #1 · p.4194 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Along with Leighton's new purchase I've been acquiring. 2 Series E zoom lenses (70-210 and the 36 to 72). Only the 100 and 135 to go.

Combined <100Euros incl shipping costs for the two lenses. Here's hoping as good as advertised...



Sep 03, 2014 at 06:24 PM
kwoodard
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4194 #2 · p.4194 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Hey Mark! I forgot you were a Series E fan as well. My copy of the 100 had dry grease and a seized focus ring. When I pulled the aperture ring, one of the screws was cross-thread and the head snapped off flush. Still haven't got the rest of the screw out to reassemble the lens. It was a nice performer and I have heard good things about the 135 as well.


Sep 03, 2014 at 06:38 PM
asiostygius
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4194 #3 · p.4194 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Ryan, love dthe bridges & nightskies;

Scott, great series with the 85 HC;

Joseph, superb sets with the 28/2.8 ais;

Curtis, great old car details with 105/2.5 P;

Chuong, glad to see your 16/3.5 in good use.



Two more with the reversed 55/3.5 + tube and magnified by a TC16A:


Leafcutter ant with reversed Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7100 + TC16A + PK13 tube + reversed Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 ai + SB40 flash on macro bracket + diffuser, ISO 100, f/13 at 1/60s, ~10% cropped.



Ant "portrait" with reversed Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7100 + TC16A + PK13 tube + reversed Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 ai + SB40 flash on macro bracket + diffuser, ISO 100, f/19 at 1/60s, ~25% cropped.





Sep 03, 2014 at 07:10 PM
Lieutenant Z
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4194 #4 · p.4194 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Pont Neuf, Paris, 105 2.5 ais :









Sep 03, 2014 at 07:18 PM
bobbelbob
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.4194 #5 · p.4194 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass



Awesome shots on the ants. Great work!!

asiostygius wrote:
Ryan, love dthe bridges & nightskies;

Scott, great series with the 85 HC;

Joseph, superb sets with the 28/2.8 ais;

Curtis, great old car details with 105/2.5 P;

Chuong, glad to see your 16/3.5 in good use.

Two more with the reversed 55/3.5 + tube and magnified by a TC16A:

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3859/14940438987_ce2f14c014_b.jpgLeafcutter ant with reversed Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7100 + TC16A + PK13 tube + reversed Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 ai + SB40 flash on macro bracket + diffuser, ISO 100, f/13 at 1/60s, ~10% cropped.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3915/15126627142_3f4d1b5774_b.jpgAnt "portrait" with reversed Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7100 + TC16A + PK13 tube + reversed Micro-Nikkor
...Show more



Sep 03, 2014 at 08:17 PM
CGrindahl
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4194 #6 · p.4194 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


leighton w wrote:
I was the only bidder on a 85mm f1.4 AIS for 400 bucks!

I feel like Ray when he finds those deals.


Well done Leighton! I feel a bit like a proud papa here... I take the 35 f/1.4 AI-s and 85 f/1.4 AI-s to Florida a couple of years ago with the express interest in tempting Ray. I succeed and Ray keeps posting these great shots from both lenses and sings their praises and your are so impressed he buys first the 35, then the 85. Add on top of that the fact you picked up the 135 f/2.8 Q.C. and I feel as though my efforts have not been in vain...

I found the listing Leighton and you did well. Perhaps folks avoided the seller because he had low feedback, but that wouldn't have stopped me either. My guess is you'll get a great deal of pleasure out of that lens. Congratulations!



Sep 03, 2014 at 08:52 PM
CGrindahl
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4194 #7 · p.4194 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Yes, the 85 f/1.4 AI-s is an excellent portrait lens...




My friend and her son recently adopted Felix, who is a very sweet cat willing to be photographed. I think he was curious about the clicking of the shutter button on my D700. As soon as I depressed it for the first photo his head shot around to watch what I was up to.



Sep 03, 2014 at 08:56 PM
CGrindahl
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4194 #8 · p.4194 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


And for something blatantly graphical... also with the 85 f/1.4 AI-s, then converted in Silver Efex Pro 2.


Couldn't resist those shadows...



Sep 03, 2014 at 08:58 PM
MDoc9523
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4194 #9 · p.4194 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Here are a couple of photos from the 85mm 1.4 AIS to help Leighton and (anyone else who might have ordered one) celebrate !!!!






Sep 03, 2014 at 09:26 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4194 #10 · p.4194 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


CGrindahl wrote:
Well done Leighton! I feel a bit like a proud papa here... I take the 35 f/1.4 AI-s and 85 f/1.4 AI-s to Florida a couple of years ago with the express interest in tempting Ray. I succeed and Ray keeps posting these great shots from both lenses and sings their praises and your are so impressed he buys first the 35, then the 85. Add on top of that the fact you picked up the 135 f/2.8 Q.C. and I feel as though my efforts have not been in vain...

I found the listing Leighton and you did well.
...Show more

You're right, between you and Ray, and some others posting with these it was just too much for my NMFAS. I hope I'm done until next year.

When I bid on it I thought at the time there was NO way I'm going to win. But I'll take it. FWIW, he's already shipped it.

Love the cat shots, but that B&W is fantastic!



Sep 03, 2014 at 09:28 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4194 #11 · p.4194 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


MDoc9523 wrote:

Here are a couple of photos from the 85mm 1.4 AIS to help Leighton and (anyone else who might have ordered one) celebrate !!!!

http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s7/v162/p1026298997-5.jpg


http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v93/p159049809-5.jpg


Just plain gorgeous Ray! Now I can't wait.



Sep 03, 2014 at 09:30 PM
CGrindahl
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4194 #12 · p.4194 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Honestly, this thread would likely had a much shorter life if there hadn't been such playing to one another's lens lust... The combination of seeing what the lenses are capable of delivering, and then being sent links to listing of lenses for sale work to break down one's resistance.

I interpret your buying this year Leighton as evidence that it has been a good year to be a farmer in the Shenandoah Valley and to be manager of the local farmers' market. I couldn't be happier for you.



Sep 03, 2014 at 09:39 PM
MDoc9523
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4194 #13 · p.4194 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


You are going to love it Leighton. Add a TC-14A and you have a 120mm 2.0


Sep 03, 2014 at 09:40 PM
rattymouse
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4194 #14 · p.4194 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


20mm f/2.8 AIS, Acros film.








Sep 03, 2014 at 09:41 PM
rattymouse
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4194 #15 · p.4194 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


MDoc9523 wrote:

Here are a couple of photos from the 85mm 1.4 AIS to help Leighton and (anyone else who might have ordered one) celebrate !!!!

http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s7/v162/p1026298997-5.jpg


http://raysteele.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v93/p159049809-5.jpg


Gorgeous color on that first one.




Sep 03, 2014 at 09:42 PM
rattymouse
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4194 #16 · p.4194 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


CGrindahl wrote:

And for something blatantly graphical... also with the 85 f/1.4 AI-s, then converted in Silver Efex Pro 2.

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-z0wj5dqdMQM/VAd54jrnqiI/AAAAAAAAZhs/E2WAm8qB1pQ/s1000/85.1.4.Shadows.SEP.jpg

Couldn't resist those shadows...


Really really really enjoyable composition here!




Sep 03, 2014 at 09:43 PM
rattymouse
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4194 #17 · p.4194 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


georgms wrote:
Steve, I like your "mono"-set with the 55/1.2 a lot.

Joseph, the flare (or ghosting) works great on your dry-river-shot. The same image without flare would look almost too perfect/clean for my taste.

Tom, again very nice shots from Shanghai - how do you like the 20/2.8 compared to the 24/2?


Thank you. Composing with the 20mm is much harder because the angle of view is so large. Most subjects are very tiny unless you are quite close to them so plenty of my shots have been not too successful. I'm still learning how to use this lens skillfully. The 24mm is more of a general walk around lens.




Sep 03, 2014 at 09:51 PM
Fpessolano
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4194 #18 · p.4194 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


CGrindahl wrote:
Honestly, this thread would likely had a much shorter life if there hadn't been such playing to one another's lens lust... The combination of seeing what the lenses are capable of delivering, and then being sent links to listing of lenses for sale work to break down one's resistance.

I interpret your buying this year Leighton as evidence that it has been a good year to be a farmer in the Shenandoah Valley and to be manager of the local farmers' market. I couldn't be happier for you.


Yes a reason my wife hates it!!



Sep 03, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Ken Hill
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4194 #19 · p.4194 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Well Ray started it when he offered to loan me his pristine lens and I was smart enough not to take him up on it and decided to look for one of my very own. Of course the resident "diablo" pitches in from time to time making the NMFAS inevitable. I stalked sites and Adorama had an E+, who the rep told me was like new. He did not lie!

So for some lens porn using the D700 and the 105 2.5 here she is. Hoping for the chance to maybe shoot this thing tomorrow!

PS Leighton, you're gonna love it if its anything like mine. Smooth, well made AND feels like quality. Is quality!



Ken Hill 2014


"lady in Red"

  NIKON D700    105mm    f/2.5    1/60s    200 ISO    -0.7 EV  





Ken Hill 2014


"With all the right stops!"

  NIKON D700    105mm    f/2.5    1/60s    200 ISO    -0.7 EV  





Ken Hill 2014


"looking you in the eye!"

  NIKON D700    105mm    f/2.5    1/60s    200 ISO    -0.7 EV  




Sep 03, 2014 at 10:31 PM
leighton w
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4194 #20 · p.4194 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass


Ken Hill wrote:
Well Ray started it when he offered to loan me his pristine lens and I was smart enough not to take him up on it and decided to look for one of my very own. Of course the resident "diablo" pitches in from time to time making the NMFAS inevitable. I stalked sites and Adorama had an E+, who the rep told me was like new. He did not lie!

So for some lens porn using the D700 and the 105 2.5 here she is. Hoping for the chance to maybe shoot this thing tomorrow!

PS Leighton, you're gonna love it
...Show more

Beautiful lens Ken, looks REALLY big on your Df. And yes, there are a lot of enablers on this thread.



Sep 03, 2014 at 10:42 PM
1       2       3              4193      
4194
       4195              4363       4364       end




FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4193      
4194
       4195              4363       4364       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password