1       2       3              4069      
       4071              5889       5890       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4070 #1 · p.4070 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Haven't posted a photo in here for awhile now
Checking online, I also found out my shutter count stands at 13757...
Oh well, needed to familiarize myself with the gear before my hols so they had a quick run-out yesterday (AF) and today (MF)

>>

D700 + 45PC-E
Dachshundle

bookworm by Zichar, on Flickr

Sep 07, 2014 at 10:02 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4070 #2 · p.4070 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
Ah, I see Leighton's got a new toy. But you are still missing the 135 f2, correct?

Hi Samy, yes, a new toy, I won it by chance. I'm not lusting for the 135/2 as much now since finding a like new 135mm f2.8 QC.

BTW, I finally found out where my grandparents lived in Baltimore, 6617 Hudson St.

Sep 07, 2014 at 10:06 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.4070 #3 · p.4070 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
Hi gang, hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Last week, I rented a Zeiss 25/2 and did some comparisons to my Nikkor 28/2.8 ais. Bottom line, the trusty 28/2.8 acquitted itself very well.

The Zeiss is a nice lens, and it did a very good job in presenting fine detail and giving that "contrasty" look that Zeiss is known for. On the other hand, I had expected the Z lens to be in a different league in its control of spherical and chromatic aberrations and I was a bit disappointed in this regard. While it showed some improvements (shot wide
...Show more

Beautiful shot Jeff. I'm sure Zeiss makes some VERY nice glass, but I'll never know.

Sep 07, 2014 at 10:15 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.4070 #4 · p.4070 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

cadman342001 wrote:
If I shared these before then I apologise and blame the drugs !

Goldsborough Valley from the Gillies Range Highway Lookout
35/1.4AI @ f8 1/200
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5563/15162896935_5b3f4db7b5_b.jpg_AGM4740-Edit-Edit by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

Banksia flower
35/1.4 @ f4, 1/200
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5588/15159904511_b8b6bf4c71_b.jpg_AGM4752 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

"The Cold Tap"
35/1.4 @ f16, 0.4s
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5565/15139859306_1bdd6050e0_b.jpg_AGM4798 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

which fills up............The Bath !
35/1.4 AI @ 2.8 1/60
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3856/15139859706_f7142a385c_b.jpg_AGM4792 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

Don't remember seeing these so no worries. I like the first one the best.

Hope you get out soon!

Sep 07, 2014 at 10:18 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.4070 #5 · p.4070 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MarkdV wrote:
Andy - hope you have a speedy recovery! Glad at least you can still keep sharing your work, love the shot of the valley - good C&C (composition and conversion).

John, Pete, Jose and many others, amazing photos as always.

Some with the 55mm 2,8 micro. With tubes at f/4 and f/11 (ISO went up a lot) Hand held due to ease of working with a child.

Mark, I really like the first two.

Sep 07, 2014 at 10:19 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.4070 #6 · p.4070 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
Haven't posted a photo in here for awhile now
Checking online, I also found out my shutter count stands at 13757...
Oh well, needed to familiarize myself with the gear before my hols so they had a quick run-out yesterday (AF) and today (MF)

>>

D700 + 45PC-E
Dachshundle

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5557/15164777722_8e85850615_c.jpg
bookworm by Zichar, on Flickr

Cool shot Chin, how many attempts did you have to try to get this one?

Sep 07, 2014 at 10:20 AM
saph
• • • •
p.4070 #7 · p.4070 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, just looked up the address. Goodness, I used to go somewhere near there to my last heads down coding job, which was literally a few minutes from that spot. Not going to have time today, but will plan to do a swing by and see if I can get a pic or two of the area later this week or the next weekend.

For me it brings back memories of writing hundreds of lines of code a day, and a week later wondering what on earth did I write. Lot easier to be a dumb manager.

leighton w wrote:
Hi Samy, yes, a new toy, I won it by chance. I'm not lusting for the 135/2 as much now since finding a like new 135mm f2.8 QC.

BTW, I finally found out where my grandparents lived in Baltimore, 6617 Hudson St.

Sep 07, 2014 at 10:26 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.4070 #8 · p.4070 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
Leighton, just looked up the address. Goodness, I used to go somewhere near there to my last heads down coding job, which was literally a few minutes from that spot. Not going to have time today, but will plan to do a swing by and see if I can get a pic or two of the area later this week or the next weekend.

For me it brings back memories of writing hundreds of lines of code a day, and a week later wondering what on earth did I write. Lot easier to be a dumb manager.

Hey thanks Samy. I couldn't get that much feel for it from Google Earth. I do remember the garage way in the back of the property, it always had an old beat up 50 something Studebaker sitting there. The neighborhood looks much nicer now than it did when I was visiting there back in the 60's.

Sep 07, 2014 at 10:37 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.4070 #9 · p.4070 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I call this one The Hat.

The Hat by T. Leighton Womack, on Flickr

Sep 07, 2014 at 10:39 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4070 #10 · p.4070 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Those of us that have been subjected to repeated viewings of Finding Nemo had one thing pop in our heads as soon as we saw the gulls... Mine, Mine, Mine!

webisweb wrote:
Thank you very much! Here is one more: Nikon F100 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 AIS | Kodak Portra 160NC

Sheepshead Bay by discoverfilm, on Flickr

Sep 07, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

georgms
• • • •
p.4070 #11 · p.4070 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton: nice one

Sep 07, 2014 at 11:07 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4070 #12 · p.4070 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Sorry to hear this Ken. Good friends like that are hard to find. If you want, we can call you SLACKER instead (Better call myself that too, I've not picked up a camera since 7 Aug as my studies are really kicking in)

Good news though, on the PT side and getting back to the pool. It's amazing how little time it takes for a body to become "out of shape".

Ken Hill wrote:
The past few days have been a roller coaster with good news and bad. I made a buddy in the hospital who had lost two legs to diabetes and we were the kings of rehab. No SLACKERS was our motto. We kept in touch every couple days and on the 22nd his phone went to voicemail. I learned Saturday that he had a heart attack and died the week before. "Dex" was 52 and a steak chef for Lakeland's Famous Red Bar, who cooked for among others, Tom Selleck, George Bush, Tammy Wynette and Geroge Jones and about every
...Show more

Sep 07, 2014 at 11:14 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4070 #13 · p.4070 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love the series Ratty.

rattymouse wrote:
After the fixin's have been added, my friend starts wrapping up the pancake as seen here.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3920/14940336568_01eb90a560_c.jpg

Then, a *TINY* dab of *searing* hot chili paste is added. This is amazingly hot stuff.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3856/14940201499_b1bd0a241b_c.jpg

Then a crunchy piece of toasted rice or something like that is added to add a bit of body to the meal.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5552/14940341708_cf7be78f52_c.jpg

After it's all rolled up the meal is cut in half.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3861/14940255440_b96f9dbdfe_c.jpg

And here you go, one happy street food vendor.....my guy...who gets me through the morning with his EXTREMELY tasty food. I wish I could buy you all one. Total cost for one? About 60 cents.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5555/14940345987_5c4d2d4538_c.jpg
...Show more

Sep 07, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Ken Hill
• • •
p.4070 #14 · p.4070 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Sorry to hear this Ken. Good friends like that are hard to find. If you want, we can call you SLACKER instead (Better call myself that too, I've not picked up a camera since 7 Aug as my studies are really kicking in)

Good news though, on the PT side and getting back to the pool. It's amazing how little time it takes for a body to become "out of shape".

Slacker

Sep 07, 2014 at 12:02 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4070 #15 · p.4070 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

, my 2002 Sunfire I'm told, just broke 100,000 miles (oldest son drives it), the 2003 Ranger broke 100,000 miles two years ago, and the 2005 Crown Vic also broke 100,000. I consider them just broken in.

I don't remember why Datsun changed to Nissan either, but yeah, throws me for a loop too.

rattymouse wrote:
I am pretty sure that my Dad's Datsun 510 was the first car he owned that ever broke 100,000 miles. None of his US cars were able to hold together that long.

Because I grew up with a 510 in the family, I never ever got used to the name Nissan.

Sep 07, 2014 at 12:02 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4070 #16 · p.4070 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

What sort of protections do credit cards offer over there? If they're like the US, file a claim with the credit card company.

Fpessolano wrote:
I found my cure to MFNAS!
I just took a 35/1.4 .... looked ok. The guy told me it is really good ... it arrives here, the aperture ring is stuck!
So now I am in contestation with a guy who claims other buyers saw it and it was ok, and me stuck with a worthless piece of junk I paid 300 euros!

Damn!

Sep 07, 2014 at 12:23 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.4070 #17 · p.4070 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I'm working diligently to catch up on this thread, for the time being... then it's back to homework like this:

Research a drug product called Stalevo to identify what is in this product and how it works to provide therapeutic benefit for a patient with PD.
carbidopa, levodopa and entacapone

Discuss the mechanisms of action for each component and how the components interact.

Levodopa
Current evidence indicates that symptoms of Parkinsonís disease are related to depletion of dopamine in the corpus striatum. Administration of dopamine is ineffective in the treatment of Parkinsonís disease because it does not cross the blood-brain barrier. However, levodopa the metabolic precursor of dopamine, does cross the blood-brain barrier, and is presumably converted to dopamine in the brain. This is thought to be the mechanism whereby levodopa relieves the symptoms of Parkinsonís disease.

Carbidopa
When levodopa is administered orally, it is rapidly decarboxylated to dopamine in extracerebral tissues so that only a small portion of a given dose is transported unchanged to the central nervous system. Carbidopa inhibits the decarboxylation of peripheral levodopa, making more levodopa available for delivery to the brain.

Entacapone
Entacapone is a selective and reversible inhibitor of catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT).
COMT catalyzes the transfer of the methyl group of S-adenosyl-L-methionine to the phenolic group of substrates that contain a catechol structure. Physiological substrates of COMT include DOPA, catecholamines (dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine) and their hydroxylated metabolites. When decarboxylation of levodopa is prevented by carbidopa, COMT becomes the major metabolizing enzyme for levodopa, catalyzing its metabolism to 3-methoxy-4-hydroxy-L-phenylalanine (3-OMD).

Ken Hill wrote:
Slacker

Sep 07, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.4070 #18 · p.4070 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Cool shot Chin, how many attempts did you have to try to get this one?

Thanks Leighton.
It's a composite of three shots:
1 - Move doggy to lie in front of books
2 - Move doggy and have her do the 'greet' pose at the rear of the books
3 - Remove doggy and focus on spine of the books

Overall, just two attempts. The first set failed because the books fell at the end of the third shot (held them at the edges with sticky-tack. And I was lazy to bust out the remote (used the self-timer instead set at 10 secs, awful control).

Sep 07, 2014 at 12:37 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.4070 #19 · p.4070 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:
I'm working diligently to catch up on this thread, for the time being... then it's back to homework like this:

Research a drug product called Stalevo to identify what is in this product and how it works to provide therapeutic benefit for a patient with PD.

Discuss the mechanisms of action for each component and how the components interact.

Levodopa
Current evidence indicates that symptoms of Parkinsonís disease are related to depletion of dopamine in the corpus striatum. Administration of dopamine is ineffective in the treatment of Parkinsonís disease because it does not cross the blood-brain barrier. However, levodopa the
...Show more

If I had to do homework like this, my brain would go up in smoke, not that it's hasn't already!

Sep 07, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Ken Hill
• • •
p.4070 #20 · p.4070 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:

Levodopa
Current evidence indicates that symptoms of Parkinsonís disease are related to depletion of dopamine in the corpus striatum. Administration of dopamine is ineffective in the treatment of Parkinsonís disease because it does not cross the blood-brain barrier. However, levodopa the
...Show more

Does nothing for NMFAS ....

Sep 07, 2014 at 12:51 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password