FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4050      
       4052              5887       5888       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4051 #1 · p.4051 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Excellent piece. When I shoot people, I tend to favor her style.

James Markus wrote:
A bit off topic, but merely a heads up. Last night there was an incredible documentary about Dorthea Lange that lasted at least two hours. It is amazing! Dorthea is the female equivalent of Edward S. Curtis and his 30 year photographic study of native Americans. There is a great documentary about Curtis on Hulu called "Coming to Light", but here is the link to the PBS special about Dorthea

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/episodes/dorothea-lange-watch-full-film-dorothea-lange-grab-a-hunk-of-lightning/3260/

Aug 31, 2014 at 05:07 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.4051 #2 · p.4051 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I love the efforts by so many to work with David's photo. I've always said that half the pleasure of working with digital images comes in post processing. We have amazing tools available to us in the digital darkroom. Nicely done everyone.

Aug 31, 2014 at 05:07 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.4051 #3 · p.4051 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I found time to day to spend a couple of hours in Novato for the annual car show called Nostalgia Days. It may be known only by serious students of film, but American Graffiti was filmed in part around Petaluma, which is about ten miles north of Novato. There was memorabilia on display in the seven blocks of cars. Unfortunately, the sun was high and hot so it limited what i was able to do photographically. I'll have more photos to share tomorrow but I thought I'd drop two on the thread... a stunning red Chevrolet Chevelle SS in honor of our friend Reagan. I sure wish there were something akin to what Rafael brings us each week from Escondido. There were many gorgeous cars on display today, but to see them each week would be a photographer's dream, especially when the cars come out in the late afternoon and evening when the light is so sweet.

Let's see how this red turns out. The owner said it is a stock red available on current model Corvettes...

Shot with the 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI.

Aug 31, 2014 at 05:14 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.4051 #4 · p.4051 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Slight scare today as my 45/2.8P rolled out of my backpack and fell 2 ft. to the steel deck of a ferry. Fortunately it was in a thin neoprene pouch and I think it landed on the lens cap or mount cap. Seems to be working OK - but the heart skipped a beat when I saw (and heard) it hit the deck.

Unfortunately for this thread is was being used on the A7R . . .

Aug 31, 2014 at 05:16 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.4051 #5 · p.4051 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Do you think the Nikon spirits in another realm were trying to send you a message John?

Glad it was unharmed.

Aug 31, 2014 at 05:18 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.4051 #6 · p.4051 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Do you think the Nikon spirits in another realm were trying to send you a message John?

Glad it was unharmed.

Probably!
I took three cameras with me today. . . But the D800 wasn't one of them
A7R, GX7, & G5

I think the Nikkor gods were upset that I put the 45/2.8P on a competitors camera!

Aug 31, 2014 at 05:36 AM
Oosty
• • • •
p.4051 #7 · p.4051 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I definitely can't keep up!! I've gone back 5 pages and love the car shots, Georg's boat and Scott's sunflowers amongst other great images. Hard to believe that Scott will be up to his knees in snow in a few months - such extremes in the US. After a few days of windy very cold days with successive cold fronts and snow on the mountain tops the weather looks good for the next week or so.

This is of course the beginning of the bird breeding season in the Southern Hemisphere and most are wearing their finest feathers at the moment. This Knysna Turaco visits us regularly when breeding to scrounge banana and papaya. Yesterday morning he sat in the sun warming himself and I grabbed a few images with the 300 4.5 ED IF which is an amazing performer.

NIKON D200    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    300mm    f/4.5    1/350s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Aug 31, 2014 at 08:10 AM
Mishu01
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4051 #8 · p.4051 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Foggy morning. Where is that sun?
Scott

I could watch for hours these images. No sun but sunflowers... and that mood coming from fog... Well done Scott!

Aug 31, 2014 at 08:12 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.4051 #9 · p.4051 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the comments and likes!

Georg - I like the processing in your car photos. I also like the perspective in your ship image, but perhaps you went a tad strong on the sliders?

Mihai - I love how intent the dog seems to be looking at that leaf. Nice to have you sharing with us again.

Ray - Nice colorful set. I thought for awhile that the 18mm was stuck on your camera.

Monday - Be patient, the 55 and/or 50 1.2 can take a while getting used to, I'm still trying with mine too! That sandwich looks amazing.

Scott - Great set! Fog...the photographers best friend.

James - I started watching that special...until I fell asleep.

Rafael - Love the light in those shots.

Curtis - Beautiful looking SS, but I really don't like those types of tires which you seem to see everywhere now.

Peter - Beautiful bird which you captured wonderfully.

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:28 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.4051 #10 · p.4051 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Monday mentioned that he missed focus a bit with one of his images. I think this happens quite frequently with ALL of us. You can't help but to miss from time-to-time because of the nature of how we choose to photograph the world with our manually focused lenses. This is one of the challenges I like using these lenses.

I missed big time with this image, but it was because of her expression that I liked it and decided to share it.

Sarah Lynna by T. Leighton Womack, on Flickr

BTW, this girl has a fantastic voice which sounds a LOT like Patsy Cline.

Aug 31, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Paul Gabel
• •
p.4051 #11 · p.4051 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

For European members of the group: there is a guy selling a 58mm 1.2 Noct. Described as 'like new'. First bid is in at 1,250 euros.
http://link.marktplaats.nl/m843274857

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Mishu01
• • • •
p.4051 #12 · p.4051 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
I missed big time with this image, but it was because of her expression that I liked it and decided to share it.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3849/15068932536_cdf4d4085d_c.jpgSarah Lynna by T. Leighton Womack, on Flickr

BTW, this girl has a fantastic voice which sounds a LOT like Patsy Cline.

Truly a nice expression. I'm a sucker for pictures of singers, especially for those playing an instrument... Good job!

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Paul Gabel
• •
p.4051 #13 · p.4051 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Monday mentioned that he missed focus a bit with one of his images. I think this happens quite frequently with ALL of us. You can't help but to miss from time-to-time because of the nature of how we choose to photograph the world with our manually focused lenses. This is one of the challenges I like using these lenses.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3849/15068932536_cdf4d4085d_c.jpgSarah Lynna by T. Leighton Womack, on Flickr

BTW, this girl has a fantastic voice which sounds a LOT like
...Show more

Leighton, I ever so often miss focus with AF lenses. Nice shot!

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:36 AM
rolubich
• •
p.4051 #14 · p.4051 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I have been off for a week and I missed the 4th anniversary celebration. I'm happy to have joined this thread two years ago, thank you Curtis and all of you.

Some tractor and farm machines from Croatia, 28-50mm f/3.5 AIS

Full Res

Full Res

Full Res

Hope you like them Leighton

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:53 AM
pburke
• • • •
p.4051 #15 · p.4051 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Slight scare today as my 45/2.8P rolled out of my backpack and fell 2 ft. to the steel deck of a ferry. Fortunately it was in a thin neoprene pouch and I think it landed on the lens cap or mount cap. Seems to be working OK - but the heart skipped a beat when I saw (and heard) it hit the deck.

Unfortunately for this thread is was being used on the A7R . . .

phew... I know what that feels like. In 1988 I had a 50mm f/1.8 and a 28mm f/2.8 fall out of a small nylon shoulder bag while on "the cables" on Half Dome in Yosemite. I couldn't even dare to catch them, or I would have been going down with them. The lenses bounced down the granite, one towards Nevada Falls in the south, the other into the main valley to the north.

A few years later I met up with another hiker I had met online (before the "web" was invented, so small world days) who had found a Nikon lens cap that year at the base of Half Dome. Sure looked like mine. The rest of the lenses have by now become part of the Sierra Nevada.

Aug 31, 2014 at 11:58 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.4051 #16 · p.4051 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rolubich wrote:
I have been off for a week and I missed the 4th anniversary celebration. I'm happy to have joined this thread two years ago, thank you Curtis and all of you.

Some tractor and farm machines from Croatia, 28-50mm f/3.5 AIS

Hope you like them Leighton

I do like them, thanks for sharing. Glad to see you again.

Aug 31, 2014 at 12:07 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.4051 #17 · p.4051 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

This flower vendor always has beautiful flowers at the market, and quite the eye in arranging them.

Susan's Flowers by T. Leighton Womack, on Flickr

Aug 31, 2014 at 12:11 PM
Fpessolano
• •
p.4051 #18 · p.4051 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I honestly do not understand all this craziness for it.

Paul Gabel wrote:
For European members of the group: there is a guy selling a 58mm 1.2 Noct. Described as 'like new'. First bid is in at 1,250 euros.
http://link.marktplaats.nl/m843274857

Aug 31, 2014 at 01:01 PM
saph
• • • •
p.4051 #19 · p.4051 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, the latest scenes from the market - the flowers and the singer - are delightful as usual.

Peter (Knysna), what a unique bird, thanks for capturing it on camera and posting here. Never heard of a turaco and always fun to come across a new species (new to me).

Ryan, scrumptious sandwich very nicely rendered by the 55.

Jose, very well executed macro of the caterpillar!

Georg, thanks for your comment on the Federal Home loan building image. Lots of places in DC to explore yet. Trying to get to the non-tourist non-standard scenes. Your 4-wheeled rare birds are delightful. A lot of character in those classics. Could try shooting with Tri-X for some grain And that is a wonderful perspective on the rescue boat.

Scott, I love the fogged sunflowers!!! Especially #1.

Rafael, the cruising grand pics are always such a pleasant scene, very nice window into fun California livin!

John, glad to hear your trusty little 45 2.8P survived the spill.

Curtis, that must be a happy memory of your visit to Istanbul. Something incongruent there. The face always looks too gentle to have started this monster of a thread

Kevin, terrific macro with your favorite 50 1.8E!

Steve, loved the classic cars from your side of the world!

Jay, glad to see someone keeping the arms race going!

Peter (Madison), great perspective with the combo of the dead tree, sunstar through the greenery, and clouds + blue sky.

Ray, wonderful shots with the 135! Your and Scott's influence regarding the 18 3.5's still been driving me, took a bunch of recent pics with that lens, but those are film and no instant gratification, have to wait until I they get developed. Thanks for the comments on the pics.

Ken, glad to hear you are finally at the hobbling stage, keep up the progress, but take it as slow as required. Thanks, the 28 3.5 PC is a lot of fun to use.

Francesco, nice work with the less heralded zoom at junior's soccer game!

Diallo, nice work with the 50 1.2! Welcome back to the thread and post more often!

Aug 31, 2014 at 01:12 PM
HienDiep
• •
p.4051 #20 · p.4051 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

1 picture of shallow DOF , capture with Nikon D200 and Micro Nikkor 55F2.8 AIs @F2.8

_NDD6067CR by hiendiep, on Flickr

Edited on Aug 31, 2014 at 01:26 PM · View previous versions

Aug 31, 2014 at 01:25 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password