Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              4034      
       4036              4373       4374       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4035 #1 · p.4035 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan, I agree with Scott and Leighton: the second shot with the moss hanging is great!

Scott, wonderful view onto the mighty Atlantic Ocean!

Leighton, very tasteful shot ;-) Very nicely blurred background.

Jul 20, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Ken Hill
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4035 #2 · p.4035 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Samy well done on the "baby blue" Olds ninety eight. If that car could talk. The "No Swimming" sign is one that amuses me. Personally any water over 6'02" is too deep for me to stand in.

Nuno may sound silly but try putting the lens in a sock and put the sock in a bag of rice ... give it a day or so! As to the turtle ... which Florida University? There is the University of Florida with a school with a nice stadium and a so-so football team. Then there is Florida State, a place of learning with a so-so stadium and a great football team..

Jose thanks for the comment and the like. Yesterday I took a 55mm 3.5 and the V1 adaptor with a PK-13 extension tube. The lens a late Ai would not mount to the FT1 adapter but it would to the tube. I have a new respect for the macros you post. It is not easy. Later I'll post a few .. flowers bent in the breeze, bugs walked in and out with a blur and none handheld were any good. The attack on boredom is to try new things and this thread is the smorgasbord of those ideas.

Curtis my mind cannot process the stretch limo in front of the mission. On the other hand the fire escape and it shadow lines is art within the viewfinder.

Jay, you nailed it, a very busy scene and perfect framing.

Lester thank you and the bench is weird and good ... how did you get those tones?

David, Leighton's comments about getting back using AF glass and your comments about the new Nikons tempt me to get rid of the AF lenses that I rarely use and I have the desire to stay MF. I like the size of the Df and the write ups on the processor of the 810 with an ability to shoot lower MP is something I'd like to look into.

Leighton, I took my 70-180 out for a walk and its focus points mesmerized me. The same with the 24-70. Those two lenses could pay for a Df or a D810 and if I sold my D700 and D800, I could have BOTH! Maybe day dreaming but there is the thought from that old TV show "I love it when a plan comes together!" Lastly when you said you were getting back to what you knew best, I thought the beer bottle ... not MF.

Eric cool shot. better name for the dog cannot be found!

Andy, Well if I had to shoot a Welch barn, that's the one I'd be looking at. So I think your very good first shot tells its story !

Raphael, when we took down three trees a few months ago it was a sad day. Nice capture of the work and the crew.

Ray thanks for the Best Buy tip.

SCOTT, WHAT YOU SAID To Leighton! I found myself looking at the red squares rather than the subject.

Reagan you're gonna catch a cold going that far north! Really nice angles on the brick work and good use of that lens.

Here is my V1 offering with the PK13 extension almost acceptable. Lots of practice ahead!

© Ken Hill 2014

Hand held

NIKON 1 V1    FT1 lens    0mm    f/0.0    1/1000s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

© Ken Hill 2014

Hand held

NIKON 1 V1    FT1 lens    0mm    f/0.0    1/80s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

© Ken Hill 2014

Then reversed

NIKON 1 V1    FT1 lens    0mm    f/0.0    1/15s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 20, 2014 at 12:56 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.4035 #3 · p.4035 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ken Hill wrote:
Leighton, I took my 70-180 out for a walk and its focus points mesmerized me. The same with the 24-70. Those two lenses could pay for a Df or a D810 and if I sold my D700 and D800, I could have BOTH! Maybe day dreaming but there is the thought from that old TV show "I love it when a plan comes together!" Lastly when you said you were getting back to what you knew best, I thought the beer bottle ... not MF.

I don't about you Ken, but I felt like a fish out of water. Not only that, but like I said earlier, it took the pleasure of the process out of it for me.

About the beer, I like to think I know that pretty well also.

Jul 20, 2014 at 01:04 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.4035 #4 · p.4035 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Found this restored barn in my wanderings yesterday. Quite the collection of old signs. Taken with the 20mm f3.5 Ais.

Gas Anyone?

Jul 20, 2014 at 01:07 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.4035 #5 · p.4035 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love it Scott. Makes you stare at it until you read ALL the signs. Speaking of that, the Sinclair Gasoline sign brought back memories for me. We had one of these stations right up the road from where I grew up. I always loved Dino the dinosaur on their sign. Thanks for sharing.

Jul 20, 2014 at 01:16 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.4035 #6 · p.4035 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Scott, now that's a catchy barn-front! Always loved gambrel-roofs (or mansard-roofs?).

Ken, never tried the 55/3.5 Micro on the V1 - maybe I should...

Jul 20, 2014 at 01:22 PM
Ken Hill
• • •
p.4035 #7 · p.4035 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
I don't about you Ken, but I felt like a fish out of water. Not only that, but like I said earlier, it took the pleasure of the process out of it for me.

About the beer, I like to think I know that pretty well also.

I felt the same way and lost control of what I wanted to shoot as opposed to the focus points telling me what would be crisp. Went to single point after that which loses the benefits of the Camera technology.

Jul 20, 2014 at 01:27 PM
Ken Hill
• • •
p.4035 #8 · p.4035 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
Found this restored barn in my wanderings yesterday. Quite the collection of old signs. Taken with the 20mm f3.5 Ais.

Now we know where the "pickers" live. One dazzling display I'd say. Good shot too!

Jul 20, 2014 at 01:28 PM
Ken Hill
• • •
p.4035 #9 · p.4035 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Scott, now that's a catchy barn-front! Always loved gambrel-roofs (or mansard-roofs?).

Ken, never tried the 55/3.5 Micro on the V1 - maybe I should...

My 55 3.5 in the 855xxx serial range does not mate to the FT1 at all. It works with everything else. There is a 3mm section similar to what a non Ai lens has trimmed to convert. I don't know why it is there and the lens is too late in production to have been Ai'd.. Maybe over its history some parts were used to repair it, but its Excellent + condition does not suggest that.

Jul 20, 2014 at 01:32 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.4035 #10 · p.4035 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Two random MF-shots from the last week.
First one was taken in the state capital with the PC 35/2.8 at f/8. It's a neat little lens, a nice walkaround-companion, tiny compared to the new PC-E 45/28 tilt/shift.

PC 35/2.8 at f/8, D700 full shift and a small amount of additional correction in ACR
it was a rainy summer-day and the framing is not good, but I had some time to kill and some here might enjoy a look at a small German state capital…

This one is from the local CSD-parade, shot a few images for a local paper, used a wideangle on a Fuji more than the 180/2.8 on the D700.
Had to deal with extreme contrasts (speaking about blown highlights, not the well-spirited subjects) and tried a Kodak-film-preset in ACR (highlights are still blown, but somehow I like the unreal colors here):

180/2.8 ED at f/4, D700

Edited on Jul 20, 2014 at 01:54 PM · View previous versions

Jul 20, 2014 at 01:34 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

nampramos
• •
p.4035 #11 · p.4035 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan thank you for your previous comment. I'm glad that you enjoy my style of photography. That last photo you shared with the brick road is really good and gave me an idea of how I'd like the entrance of my future house to be.

Ken thanks for the advice! I'll definitely try it!

Jul 20, 2014 at 01:35 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.4035 #12 · p.4035 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ken Hill wrote:
My 55 3.5 in the 855xxx serial range does not mate to the FT1 at all. It works with everything else. There is a 3mm section similar to what a non Ai lens has trimmed to convert. I don't know why it is there and the lens is too late in production to have been Ai'd.. Maybe over its history some parts were used to repair it, but its Excellent + condition does not suggest that.

Ken, tried mounting my 55/3.5 (#873xxx) via FT1 onto the V1 and it wouldn't fit. It's my only Nikkor that will not take some offbrand rear-caps.
Strange, but I will get over this issue and just use the 55/3.5 with a "regular" Nikon ;-)

Jul 20, 2014 at 01:41 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.4035 #13 · p.4035 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Georg, I love your town. If I EVER get to Germany, I paying you a visit.

Jul 20, 2014 at 01:42 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.4035 #14 · p.4035 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Georg, I love your town. If I EVER get to Germany, I paying you a visit.

Thanks, Leighton, you're welcome. But the city-image is from the state-capital "Schwerin", not taken in my beloved hometown Rostock. The state-capital is not far away, about a good hour on the Autobahn (some guys and gals are much faster).
Spotted lots of worthy subjects (farms and other agricultural scenes) left and right of the Autobahn, but it's strictly forbidden to stop and park on the emergency lane...

Jul 20, 2014 at 01:52 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.4035 #15 · p.4035 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Two random MF-shots from the last week.
First one was taken in the state capital with the PC 35/2.8 at f/8. It's a neat little lens, a nice walkaround-companion, tiny compared to the new PC-E 45/28 tilt/shift.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3903/14696368744_e17e858d41_o.jpg
PC 35/2.8 at f/8, D700 full shift and a small amount of additional correction in ACR
it was a rainy sumer-day and the framing is not good, but I had some time to kill and some here might enjoy a look at a small German state capital…

Georg, you do such nice work with the PC lenses. You have to give us a class in how to use them.

Jul 20, 2014 at 01:52 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.4035 #16 · p.4035 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, a couple for you. This one guy escaped the farmers shears. Taken with the 35 f1.4 and the 180 f2.8.

Jul 20, 2014 at 01:58 PM
cadman342001
• • • •
p.4035 #17 · p.4035 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love that 2nd image Reagan. Is that what they call Spanish Moss ? I always imagine it when reading books based in places like Baton Rouge etc.

Jul 20, 2014 at 01:59 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.4035 #18 · p.4035 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the likes and comments on my most recent shot. I am using a program called RAWTherapee (that does have both Mac and Windows versions). So far I like its output, even though it has quite the learning curve. If you are familiar with Lightroom, you can figure it out I think. It has some interesting options for notice reduction as well as demosaicing the Bayer array. I am definitely going to work with it more. I have some shots I took of a baptism that I need to edit and this will be a good test as I was shooting in low light with a high shutter speed. There is an algorithm for high ISO that is very different than what Lightroom and Aperture use that reduces noise without smearing and killing details. We'll see.

Jul 20, 2014 at 03:39 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.4035 #19 · p.4035 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
Thanks for the likes and comments on my most recent shot. I am using a program called RAWTherapee (that does have both Mac and Windows versions). So far I like its output, even though it has quite the learning curve. If you are familiar with Lightroom, you can figure it out I think. It has some interesting options for notice reduction as well as demosaicing the Bayer array. I am definitely going to work with it more. I have some shots I took of a baptism that I need to edit and this will be a good test as I
...Show more

Does Lightroom not work with Linux?

Jul 20, 2014 at 04:01 PM
rafaelcasd
• • •
p.4035 #20 · p.4035 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:
Beautiful state park just north of Tallahassee,Fl

Reagan

Beautiful moss pathway Reagan.

Acadia seems mythical in my mind and your photo Scott. The barn is incredible!. The grazing sheep quite pastoral.

Nice work with the 55mm and the 1V1 Ken.

Colorful subjects Georg, I always wanted to photograph the Pride Parade in San Diego, but the crowds are so large they keep me from going, I am lazy and do not like to struggle for parking.

Thanks for the comments about my missing tree.

Jul 20, 2014 at 04:12 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password