Mar 20, 2017 at 09:31 AM
Ballard
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius wrote:
Last ( I promised) sequence from my "Galilean pilgrimage":

Siderius Nuncius by Galileo Galilei. 1610:

The first astronomical findings of Galileo are in this seminal book. Some cropping. Museo Galileo, Firenze.

Dialogo, by Galileo Galilei, 1632:

The book that provoked a lifelong house arrest sentence to Galileo...until his death!

Galileo's Villa facade at Arcetri - Firenze suburb, his last residence

After abjuring his astronomical findings, Galileo was sentenced to lifelong house arrest, living confined here almost 10 years, from 1633 to 1642.

And 360 years later: "On 31 October 1992, Pope John Paul II expressed regret for how the Galileo affair was handled, and officially conceded that the Earth was not stationary ..."

Justice delayed is justice denied.

Mar 20, 2017 at 02:21 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ballard wrote:
And 360 years later: "On 31 October 1992, Pope John Paul II expressed regret for how the Galileo affair was handled, and officially conceded that the Earth was not stationary ..."

Justice delayed is justice denied.

Cĉdite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius !

Mar 20, 2017 at 03:32 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Buddy, Scott, Rafael, thanks for your kind comments.

George, I really like the very old school rendering of that 2.8 cm Nikon S
Interesting pics, José, thanks for sharing

Mar 20, 2017 at 03:37 PM
GeorgeBo
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

^^^^^^
Thanks Philippe. I acquired that lens literally an hour or two before shooting those photos. Completely unplanned find. I was in a camera shop near the downtown area that had been there for years. I drop in a couple times a year. I was there Saturday looking at hard cases and casually asked if they had any old Nikon rangefinder gear. This is an old school camera shop and there is stuff everywhere. Old cameras from point and shoot to field cameras. The guy goes into an office/store room and opens a file cabinet and pulls out an old camera bag. Inside was a Nikon S2 with a couple 5cm lenses and a Topcon lens case. We open the Topcon case and low and behold, there is the Nikkor 2.8cm. It looked a little rough but was mainly grime and dirt from the years. We settled on a price for the condition and off I went

I cleaned the optics with what I had in my bag and you see the results. Not perfect but nothing out of the ordinary from a lens that is 60+ years old. Once I got home, I gave it a good cleaning overall and it is in very good condition. Will definitely be one I put in my "never sell" list.

Mar 20, 2017 at 04:21 PM
Ken Hill
• • • •
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lieutenant Z wrote:
Cĉdite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius !

So that's how they said "Kill em all and let God sort it out!" as we Marines say now.

Mar 20, 2017 at 07:13 PM
saph
• • • • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, shocked to hear the news, but reading the prognosis is a bit of a relief. Hopefully you will be up and about earlier than the expected recovery time.

Mar 20, 2017 at 07:33 PM
saph
• • • • •
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A pair of pics, one with the oldest F and one with the newest.

Nikon F plain prism, Nippon Kogaku 10.5cm f 4 T lens, Tri-X 400
Hitchcock by Maryland Photos, on Flickr

Nikon F6, Nikkor 105mm f2.5 AI lens, Velvia 100
StPatParade by Maryland Photos, on Flickr

If I can remember right, exposure was in the A mode on the F6. I have it set to save the info between frames, but not sure what all got set to be saved. The roll will tell.

Edited on Mar 20, 2017 at 07:44 PM · View previous versions

Mar 20, 2017 at 07:37 PM
saph
• • • • •
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Inspired by George, I am angling to get one or the other of the LTM Nikkor lenses attached to the Df. Maybe a while but will end up here with the results.

Mar 20, 2017 at 07:43 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

And I may be getting hold of an X-T20 soon. I read George's previous post on adapter thickness; I have some trepidation on getting a cheapo one off ebay now. But the expensive ones are really expensive, novoflex wow.

Mar 20, 2017 at 08:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Reagan
• • • • •
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

^^^^^
Leighton uses the Metabones adapter for Nikkor MF to Fuji usually about $99 USD

Reagan

Mar 20, 2017 at 08:46 PM
GeorgeBo
• • • •
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

^^^^^^
I also like Metabones for Nikon F to Fuji X. I have had no issue with Fotodiox in Nikon F to X either. I did try the expensive Novoflex and it would not infinity focus. Returned it. I am sure it was one off issue, but for that price Your mileage may vary.

My advise is buy from someone who has a good return policy and test as soon as you get it.

If you are considering adapting Leica M glass or M39/LTM, the Fuji branded Leica M-Fuji X adapter is perfect. Considerably more expensive than off brand, but spot on. Plus if you had an issue, you can hold Fuji's feet to the fire since it is their own branded adapter. The adapter that I modified in my previous post was a Fotodiox branded Leica M - Fuji X adapter.

Don't let my experience scare you off. Adapted glass on the Fuji is great!

Just my $.02

George

Mar 20, 2017 at 09:37 PM
rafaelcasd
• • • • •
p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

More desert photos with the 28mm 2.0

nikon nikkor 28mm 2.0 ais D810 polarized anza borrego red cactus flowers by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 28mm 2.0 ais D810 polarized anza borrego blooming hill by Rafael Batlle, on Flickr

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:24 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I just realised... The adapters, they're all stop down metering, aren't they?

Mar 21, 2017 at 10:22 AM
Ronny Olsson
• • • • • •
p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Sony A7R II + Nikkor 16mm f3.5 AI fisheye by Ronny Olsson, on Flickr

Mar 21, 2017 at 11:57 AM
kwoodard
• • • • •
p.5 #16 · p.5 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
I just realised... The adapters, they're all stop down metering, aren't they?

Yep. EVFs are nice though, they compensate for less light coming in. On the fly DOF viewing is great!

Mar 21, 2017 at 03:21 PM
cadman342001
• • • • •
p.5 #17 · p.5 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I just couldn't get on with the EVF myself, some good aspects to it but it's still basically Live View, and I hate Live View ! (I hate Live View even more now I'm shooting with a D600 as it doesn't have exposure simulation)

Maybe in another 5 years the tech will be sufficiently advanced but for me at the moment, it's still OVF.

Anyways, here's a damselfly

Damsel by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

Andy

Mar 21, 2017 at 05:39 PM
kwoodard
• • • • •
p.5 #18 · p.5 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

cadman342001 wrote:
I just couldn't get on with the EVF myself, some good aspects to it but it's still basically Live View, and I hate Live View ! (I hate Live View even more now I'm shooting with a D600 as it doesn't have exposure simulation)

Maybe in another 5 years the tech will be sufficiently advanced but for me at the moment, it's still OVF.

Anyways, here's a damselfly

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2860/33362464252_d7a8b7a776_b.jpgDamsel by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

Andy

Don't you use LV to do your macros?

Mar 21, 2017 at 06:05 PM
HCE HCE
• • • •
p.5 #19 · p.5 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Flea Market Finds
D810 28mm f/2.8

-Jay-

Edited on Mar 22, 2017 at 04:41 AM · View previous versions

Mar 21, 2017 at 06:14 PM
Bohemien
• • •
p.5 #20 · p.5 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I did two photo sessions with a friend, who needed photos for her marketing. She's an aspiring conductor in Spain, hence the dress. I mainly used AF lenses for the shoot, but these two I did with my wonderful MF ones.

I'm aware the main flash is visible in the second shot, I had real problems focusing with the D600 in the almost dark hallway and by the time I used the 50mm f/1.2, it was dark outside. Did many shots with the 35G, but as I wanted to use f/2 to soften the background a bit, focusing was a real pain. AF didn't work at all most of the time (some day I'll have to upgrade from the D600... in low light it's really no fun at times). Then it came to mind using the 50 f/1.2 might work better as I was focussing manually anyway.

Markus

Mar 21, 2017 at 06:21 PM
1       2       3       4      
       6              2171       2172       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       6              2171       2172       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.