Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3950      
       3952              4309       4310       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3951 #1 · p.3951 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Congratulations to Chin and all the others who are about to have babies, or are new parents!

Been there...done that!

Edited on Jun 10, 2014 at 04:15 PM · View previous versions

Jun 10, 2014 at 10:44 AM
James Markus
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3951 #2 · p.3951 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Chin, I hope everything goes smooth! There use to be a father on FM (he still may be here) that did annual compilation posts of his daughters. The main stream media covered a more recent one here

http://www.boredpanda.com/creative-kids-photography-jason-lee/

It might give you some ideas....

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Ken Hill
• • •
p.3951 #3 · p.3951 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray, Scott. Leighton, Chin, Ram many thanks for the comments and the likes.

Chin, sometimes this thread is a pain in the butt because it held me to a higher standard or put a new goal before me, all taking a lot of time and thought. When I got hurt it was an oasis for good and something I look forward to daily! Raised twins! Came as a surprise ... Bought my F2 and the Nikkormat was relegated to the awful 43-86 just to catch the action. That awful lens caught some of the best shots.

Georg (btw where has he been?) Andy, Steve, Peter, Buddy are good for the soul! Curtis, who has the history of pulling engines out of Vettes yet shies away from wallboard ... what's wrong with that?

Anyway, an old shot and appropriate to my 1st day of "out patient" rehab as I see it!

PS started this reply yesterday then got tired and will catch up/edit on comment today!

© Ken Hill 2014

Edited on Jun 10, 2014 at 01:39 PM · View previous versions

Jun 10, 2014 at 01:23 PM
Ken Hill
• • •
p.3951 #4 · p.3951 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Thanks Ken, getting this interview has been quite the trick, and then the hiring manager up and quit, so HR decided to just go ahead with the interview. I think I have a job, when the next position opens up.

You see things a lot clearer on this thread with its openess and anonimity. Invisible strengths come through loud and clear and you got them!!!

Jun 10, 2014 at 01:29 PM
pburke
• • • •
p.3951 #5 · p.3951 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Paul Gabel wrote:
Chin, you don't have 7+ months left, there is a whole new life ahead! And another generation beyond!

7 months to plan photo projects like this:

https://vimeo.com/40613192

Jun 10, 2014 at 01:32 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3951 #6 · p.3951 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Whoa, what's with all the ideas, hold on to your horses guys! Hahahaha
Gee just because I'm that photographer with the crazy poodle doesn't mean I'm going to be doing the same with my kid
Tsk those soul-sucking machines
But yeah, I kinda jumped the gun there, it's cultural superstition not to reveal until much later
My folks don't know yet
And I'm pretty nervous about it, downright scared actually
I feel like a child, a man child
Will I be able to provide, time, effort, guarantee of good health, love, lessons, finances, education?
It's bloody expensive to raise a kid here, I'm unsure of the environment, what the future brings, my own dreams, the great outdoors, away from the rat race, submerge them, my muse, the same whimsy that produce photographs, flights of fancy, shoo away, slam the door
Will I be able to do right by?

Jun 10, 2014 at 02:11 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3951 #7 · p.3951 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

usually louder than most by Zichar, on Flickr

Jun 10, 2014 at 02:12 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3951 #8 · p.3951 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

basilisk wrote:
the 105 f2 DC is closer in aperture and size to the 105 f1.8 AIS. It certainly wouldn't fit in a pocket as easily as the 105 f2.5 versions.
Apart from the joy of using lovely bits of engineering (a bit like playing with steam engines), one of the main appeal of the MF lenses is how compact they are (though not necessarily light-weight!). Apart from my excellent but rubbishy-build 50mm f1.8D all the modern lenses seem like monsters in comparison, and the idea of a full set of good quality primes in a small bag or my coat pockets
...Show more

Nikon was mostly forced to change manual focus optical designs to internal focus designs to when AF was introduced, though some of their tele lenses were IF designs when switched to AIS.

Yes, a large heavy lens bag is not appealing . . .

Jun 10, 2014 at 03:48 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.3951 #9 · p.3951 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Paul Gabel wrote:
Chin, congratulations!

+1 Chin!

Jun 10, 2014 at 04:07 PM
pbraymond
• • •
p.3951 #10 · p.3951 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
+1 Chin!

+2

Jun 10, 2014 at 04:43 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3951 #11 · p.3951 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
Gee just because I'm that photographer with the crazy poodle doesn't mean I'm going to be doing the same with my kid
But yeah, I kinda jumped the gun there, it's cultural superstition not to reveal until much later
My folks don't know yet
Will I be able to provide, time, effort, guarantee of good health, love, lessons, finances, education?
It's bloody expensive to raise a kid here, I'm unsure of the environment,
...Show more

Beautifully said as always Chin. You've articulated the feelings most fathers experience when this great event is on the horizon. I say that not because I've experienced it myself but because I've heard it said by so many prospective fathers I've known. I also hear it said among my friends, many of whom are psychotherapists, that we should be given an instruction manual when we're born so we'll know how to handle the many challenges we confront as human beings. It is helpful, perhaps, to realize that we all arrived because two people took the risk to have a child. Of course, some of those parents weren't very good at the job, which certainly keeps psychotherapists employed...

I had a married friend who decided with her husband to create a "therapy jar" into which they deposited money whenever they did something they felt might affect their daughter's well-being. Trust the fact you won't do it perfectly. You'll do it with a bit of whimsy perhaps but my guess is you'll do it with a great deal of love. It actually has been a powerful antidote to the rather distant relationship I had with my father, to watch my friends who are fathers remain totally in love and involved with their children. At least in this culture it has become increasing true that fathers share in caring for children. I trust you'll find your way. You might want to have a conversation with Chuong about his experience. He's survived... And you can chat with Ram who is only slightly ahead of you on this journey. It is always good to have support when facing profound life changes.

Thanks for letting us know. I promise we won't spill the beans...

Jun 10, 2014 at 04:56 PM
nampramos
• •
p.3951 #12 · p.3951 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Congrats Chin!

Here is another one from Madeira. I love this island!

DSC_3424-Edit.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

Nikkor 85/1.4 AIS @ f/8

Jun 10, 2014 at 05:01 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3951 #13 · p.3951 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton I love the angle on the Mary Baldwin photo. The blue is very creative

Steve really cool photos of Le mans

Buddy beautiful photo of your photographer girlfriend. That makes for a fun time together! Also you captured a wonderful sky

James well spotted lines on the underpass

Dan absolutely gorgeous sun rise/set

Fons great exposure on the clouds

Jose that's another amazing photo of the spider

Nuno love the views from your new place

Samy you have such a good eye for composition - terrific!

Scott the way you captured the sun and shadows - suburb!

Rafael outstanding display!

Anil very nice composure and color. The 24mm is a great lens!

Paul such beautiful babies!

Ken very dramatic photo. It shows natures fury and reprise!

Chin love the lines on this one.

Thanks for all of the likes and comments
Ray

Jun 10, 2014 at 06:12 PM
raboof
• • •
p.3951 #14 · p.3951 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I enjoy the link James posted but I know I won't be able to get my kids to do that stuff at once. I might get 3 seconds of what I wanted but as soon as I start looking through the viewfinder, things are out of control again. Good luck, Chin.

Jun 10, 2014 at 07:06 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3951 #15 · p.3951 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar wrote:
My folks don't know yet
It's bloody expensive to raise a kid here, I'm unsure of the environment,
...Show more

Nah, don't be nervous. I was too, but a person of your character will rise to the occasion for sure.
My girls are soon to be 11 years old and it makes my day when one of them comes up to me, gives me a hug and says she loves me completely unsolicited. A lot of work in the early years, big payoff later one.

Jun 10, 2014 at 07:35 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3951 #16 · p.3951 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
Nah, don't be nervous. I was too, but a person of your character will rise to the occasion for sure.
My girls are soon to be 11 years old and it makes my day when one of them comes up to me, gives me a hug and says she loves me completely unsolicited. A lot of work in the early years, big payoff later one.

Yup, that makes it so worth all the trials an early parent goes through. Is this your first, Chin?

Jun 10, 2014 at 08:08 PM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3951 #17 · p.3951 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Here's a few more from Florida Southern and Frank LLoyd Wright.

18mm 3.5 AIS

Jun 10, 2014 at 08:21 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3951 #18 · p.3951 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray, what a great set. This one is fantastic though, I love it!

Jun 10, 2014 at 09:27 PM
Achim Sieger

p.3951 #19 · p.3951 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

PC-E Nikkor 24mm 1:3,5D ED on a Nikon D800E
f/11, 131s, ISO 200

Lee 0.9 grad hard, Haida ND 1.8, Heliopan 105mm circ. Pol. SH-PMC

Playa Somocuevas Sunset | Costa Quebrada | Cantabria | Spain

Cheers
Achim

Jun 10, 2014 at 09:44 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3951 #20 · p.3951 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Beautiful Achim. Looks like stained glass water... 2+ minute exposure and no wind, very cool.

Jun 10, 2014 at 09:58 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password