Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3902      
       3904              4142       4143       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3903 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ed - Thanks, and I love the Dogwood pedals.

Samy - Have you ever heard the expression "Summertime, when the living is easy"? Well I'm here to tell you that this is a crock!

May 18, 2014 at 11:59 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3903 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Here's one from Friday as I was harvesting for market, taken with the 50-135.

Sun Spots by Leighton Womack, on Flickr

May 18, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Jason_Brook
• • •
p.3903 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Gorgeous shot.

May 18, 2014 at 12:07 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3903 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jason_Brook wrote:
Gorgeous shot.

Thanks!

May 18, 2014 at 12:12 PM
saph
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3903 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A word about the 105mm focal length. This has been Nikon's speciality since the mid 1950s when it introduced the 10.5cm 2.5 lens for its S-mount rangefinders. The lens was meant to differentiate itself from German companies, and was successful early on before giving way to the long line of F-mount 105mm Nikkors.

The Mir site has a good page on the origin and history of the 10.5cm rangefinder Nikkor.

http://mir.com.my/rb/photography/companies/nikon/nikkoresources/RF-Nikkor/RF105mm/index.htm

Here's a recent pic with the lens. S2, Agfa Vista 200, I think at f/8.

ThePath by maryland_photos, on Flickr

May 18, 2014 at 12:14 PM
saph
• • • •
p.3903 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great light in the Shenandoah valley Leighton!!

May 18, 2014 at 12:22 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3903 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph wrote:
Great light in the Shenandoah valley Leighton!!

Thanks Samy, it was one of those days.

May 18, 2014 at 12:57 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3903 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Well, since it's Sunday and no one else is on, I'll post some more! More from the 50/1.2 AIS

Got Milk! by Leighton Womack, on Flickr

Frog Pond Pickers by Leighton Womack, on Flickr

May 18, 2014 at 01:27 PM
HCE HCE
• •
p.3903 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray Fine shots of a beautiful place with the 18mm!
Leighton Love the Harvesting shot, beautiful light.
James Nice results with the mirror lens!
Chuong Glad you could sneak a shot, a nice occasion.
Some wonderful shots with the 105mm. I'm not comfortable with that particular focal length, so I need practice!

D800 24mm PC-E
Unenclosed Water tower

-Jay-

May 18, 2014 at 01:36 PM
Big Appa
• • •
p.3903 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, that is indeed a lovely shot of our beloved mountains...the "big appas" .
That kind of light play is often seen here in the lush green of the Appalachian Mountain chain.

Ed

May 18, 2014 at 01:41 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

leighton w
• • • • •
p.3903 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jay - Thanks. I really like all the elements that make up your image. The contrail, building with flag, Crows and the water tower along with the composition, all come together for a fine picture. Well done!

Ed - You're SO right. we are indeed blessed to live in the "big appas"!

May 18, 2014 at 01:45 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3903 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Didn't quite turn out the way I had wanted it to

D700 + 45PCE, 5 shot stitch pano

only in my mind by Zichar, on Flickr

May 18, 2014 at 02:17 PM
Big Appa
• • •
p.3903 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Two weeks ago..the first weekend of the operating season for the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad. Passengers wait to board for the ride from Cumberland MD to Frostburg MD, a fifteen mile climb that makes the steam engine work hard!
With D7000 and AI 50 1.8.

Ed

May 18, 2014 at 02:20 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3903 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Big Appa wrote:
Two weeks ago..the first weekend of the operating season for the Western Maryland Scenic Railroad. Passengers wait to board for the ride from Cumberland MD to Frostburg MD, a fifteen mile climb that makes the steam engine work hard!
With D7000 and AI 50 1.8.

Ed

This looks like a fun ride, have you ever gone on the one in Cass WV? I've heard that's good too.

May 18, 2014 at 02:25 PM
Big Appa
• • •
p.3903 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

It is a great ride, I've been fortunate enough to have been a cab rider in the engine on that trip..the heat, steam, and dirt are wonderful!
Wife and I have not been to Cass yet, but she says it's on the bucket list!

Since it's slow this morning, here's more with the 135 2.8 K at the church yard of the beautiful Episcopal Emanuel Church in Cumberland.

I visit there every spring.

Ed

At f2.8

At f8

May 18, 2014 at 02:49 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3903 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I really like the first one Ed. The pink of the pedals is nice against the pink OOF area. My wife and I are going to try to get to Cass this Autumn.

May 18, 2014 at 02:59 PM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3903 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ken Hill wrote:

Steve I like your flower shot but I've got a problem here that perhaps only you can answer. One of my nurses is from Manchester City. Although she seems normal she told me she rooted for Liverpool. Is there much of that going around?

Thanks for the comment Ken .....

As for your nursing problem .... well .....

There ares two teams in Manchester ..... Manchester City and Manchester United .... usually 'Mancs' support Manchester City, whereas people from Salford and the rest of the world support Manchester United .....

Those who cannot make up their mind, either don't do football (soccer) like me, or they support Liverpool which is thirty miles away west. Go figure ..... I will never understand it .... My son, born in Scotland, living in Preston, Lancashire, where they tell me is a fine football team, also supports Liverpool, and he has never been brought up with a football interest in the house, only cycling and Rugby Union. So I am at a loss to answer your question Ken.

But may be while you are being pampered and rehabilitated you could ask your nurse for her reasons, that might shed more light than I can .....

It's like the question, 'what does a banana taste of?' There is nothing else that tastes like it .... so try to explain it .....

You will waste days trying to answer that .... btw .... there is no answer ..... it's an impossible question

Steve

May 18, 2014 at 03:26 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.3903 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you Curtis. The opportunity to add the 18mm 3.5 to my kit was irresistible

Andy the flower with the white background is terrific!

Samy the bronze and blue photo is one I particularly like. Framing is wonderful. Of course you know that I will comment on the bird in flight photos

Steve the street sweeper is a real winner but my favorite is the bikes lined up

Nuno I really enjoyed your "gritty" style using the 85mm 1.4

Andy I love the detail you achieved in the pony photos - keepers

Chuong you know how I love the photos that you take of the children and this one is no exception. Amazingly good!

Jason lovely photo of your wife!

Curtis the photo where the flower is peeking over the top on the wood is wonderful. You have such a great eye. The bridge structure makes for a great isolated photo of design.

Ken I am so glad to see that they can't keep you down. I love it that you are still taking photos and posting them - speedy recovery my friend!

James the Gargoyles are great!!

Ed the flower photo has such a nice bokeh - well done! The train has some nice touches as well.

Jay that photo is one of your very best. I love the framing - super!!

May 18, 2014 at 04:24 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.3903 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Thanks for the comments and likes, much appreciated!

Ray - Congrats on the 18mm, looks good to me. I especially like the second one of the stairs. Do you like it better than your old 20mm?

Leighton I love you flower photo but the landscape takes the cake for me. Nicely done.
I am not sure that I like the 18mm 3.5 better than the 20mm 3.5. They both have very different aspects. The 20 excels at the dramatic into the sun type photos and the 18 enjoys the ability to produce straight lines as well as the extra bit of width plus excellent color rendering. I got the 18 because I enjoy taking "around town" type photos but DO NOT be surprised if you see me buy another copy of the 20 because I really liked it as well. I know I am a greedy fellow

May 18, 2014 at 04:39 PM
mp356
• • • •
p.3903 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, this is great! Certainly worth another look......

May 18, 2014 at 05:31 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password