Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3900      
       3902              4062       4063       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Zichar
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3901 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Was seated way out at the other side
Tried two, they didn't work out (large silver exhaust tube blocking faces)
Even though I was extremely full, struggling to keep my skewers down
I walked over and ordered a bowl of flat noodles to go
That's mine he's prepping
Call me Dedication please

D700 + 28 2.8 AIS

having long fun by Zichar, on Flickr

May 17, 2014 at 04:14 PM
zephyres
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3901 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:

Jason, one of the reasons these MF lenses are so fascinating is their great variety and the opportunity that fact gives us to do a bit of research. It is a bit like appreciating old English sports cars of the sort Peter posted recently rather than the dragsters your family builds and you photograph. Those machines offer brute force, but a Jaguar XKE or an Austin Healy 3000 will offer elegance and style. You can buy the latest and greatest lens from Nikon and all you have to know is whether you have enough money in your bank account to
...Show more

Curtis ..the ebay links points to your image.. is this a subtle hint? :-)

May 17, 2014 at 05:52 PM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3901 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Just a couple more from the streets of Paris ....

They say that where there's muck there's brass .... is the first shot what they mean do you think ?? Silver Efex

Almost immediately after shooting the street performer ... the Priest came round the corner, chanting .....

and getting responded to in song from the following clergy and nuns .... plus I captured a Leica Monochrom user

It also seems that Paris is a city with a bike culture ... of all types

Steve

© Stokesey 2014

It's a clean sweep ..... maybe

NIKON D800    50mm    f/3.5    1/640s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

© Stokesey 2014

Parisian religious responses .... plus a Monochrom user

NIKON D800    50mm    f/3.5    1/400s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

© Stokesey 2014

Bike culture ... Silver Efex Pro 2 - sepia

NIKON D800    50mm    f/8.0    1/50s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

May 17, 2014 at 06:07 PM
Jason_Brook
• • •
p.3901 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the help guys. I'm glad I didn't buy anything this morning because my Audi decided to crap the bed today. I'm just thankful it did it now and not while we're on vacation next week. Unfortunately the parts won't be delivered until the day before we leave so I'll be up wrenching the night before we leave.

May 17, 2014 at 06:17 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3901 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jason_Brook wrote:
Thanks for the help guys. I'm glad I didn't buy anything this morning because my Audi decided to crap the bed today. I'm just thankful it did it now and not while we're on vacation next week. Unfortunately the parts won't be delivered until the day before we leave so I'll be up wrenching the night before we leave.

I had to pull the engine out of my 1955 Chevy BelAire coupe in January in Minnesota in an unheated garage. So I definitely feel your pain Jason...

It seems in the family you come from, however, you have access to some pretty high end gear with which to work. That always makes things easier. Good luck with the car and enjoy your vacation... There is plenty of time for kit building. It really can be a lifelong adventure.

May 17, 2014 at 06:35 PM
craigjohn

p.3901 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Bjorn Rorslett is very knowledgeable. His reviews can be a good place to begin kit building, though my experience tells me there are quite a few lenses he gives lower grades to that perform wonderfully. So begin with Bjorn, but don't lock yourself into a straight jacket because of his opinions.

This is very wise advise - the part about "don't lock yourself into a straight jacket over Bjorn's opinions".

I took a whim on the 85mm f/2 because it was dirt cheap - and it panned out in spades. Because of that, I also bought the 135mm f/2.8 AI, and it also panned out in spades for me. So at this point, I willing to take a chance on a lower scoring lens based on Bjorn's "ratings", because they're inexpensive enough to do so. ...and so far, discovering the wildly surprising performance of these old lenses has been the most fun for me.

May 17, 2014 at 07:24 PM
nampramos
• •
p.3901 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Loving the 85/1.4 AIS!!!

DSC_1802-Edit.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

DSC_1810-Edit.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

DSC_1799-Edit.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

DSC_1794-Edit.jpg by Nuno André Ramos, on Flickr

May 17, 2014 at 07:46 PM
ramkumar999
• •
p.3901 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Alright friends. I am back now. Have been busy with work . Finally had time to settle down and go out for a walk for some pictures.
Nice pictures by Zichar, Steve and Nuno on this page. Taken with D600 + 400mm f3.5 AI
Swan resting by ramkumar999, on Flickr

May 17, 2014 at 08:53 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3901 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great images in the last week from everyone. I'm dead tired, it's been a busy week and a busy market, so I'm just posting one from today taken with the 50/1.2 AIS. I'll be back tomorrow to play!

Caught by Leighton Womack, on Flickr

May 17, 2014 at 09:29 PM
MDoc9523
• • • •
p.3901 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

My first outing with the 18mm 3.5 AIS. I've been quite excited about this lens since Scott first got it. Then he posted some amazing photos using the lens which interested me more. So with the total lack of documented reviews on this lens it stirred my curiosity. When Bjorn gives a 1 to 4 rating on a lens on FX that left a lot of room for discussion.. On Flickr it seems that 55 photos is all we have to look at and most of them from Rafael "a trusted source"
I was quite impressed with the lens, of course I am just learning it's quirks.
Overall sharpness seems very good to me and the FOV is amazing. Not to mention the straight lines it produces. I think it is a gem!!!

F11

F8

F3.5 Totally useless I don't think so Bjorn

May 17, 2014 at 09:36 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

MDoc9523
• • • •
p.3901 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Wow Leighton I love that photo!

Chin that one is amazing. Perfectly exposed and such sharp details.

Samy i have been enjoying your photos. You have a very good eye for framing!

Ram nice capture on the swan. Great color!

May 17, 2014 at 10:02 PM
cadman342001
• • • •
p.3901 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Last minute prep for our flight in 5 hours to HK, 1 night/day stop over (23 hrs) there then on to Manchester via Zurich so here's my last post for a while. All 180/2.8 wide open.

1. Max, next door's dog, loves water/rain, hates baths, go figure.

_AGM1012 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

Someone near the kid's school has miniature horses (Shetland ponies) in their garden, a bizarre sight in tropical Cairns !

_AGM1019 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

_AGM1032 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

_AGM1040 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

5. I noticed the patterns left on the big agave leaves from when they form at the centre. SFXPII.

_AGM1007-Edit by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

Andy

May 17, 2014 at 10:11 PM
raboof
• • •
p.3901 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Before the ballet recital. 105mm f1.8 AIS

May 17, 2014 at 10:42 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3901 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

zephyres wrote:
Curtis ..the ebay links points to your image.. is this a subtle hint? :-)

Thanks for catching that... I corrected the link and the lens is STILL AVAILABLE... Again...

EBay Listing 105 f/2.5 P Near Mint for $169

May 18, 2014 at 12:07 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3901 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Stunning portrait Chuong... your daughter is beautiful.

And I love that lens for portraiture. I'm heading out shortly to take photos at my friend's book launch party and this is the lens I expect will get the greatest use. I will, however, have the 135 f/2 AI-s and 85 f/1.4 AI-s as backup. If I need wide I'll have both the 35 f/1.4 AI-s and the 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI. Speed is very useful when shooting inside during evening hours. I'll report back with a few photos either this evening or tomorrow morning.

May 18, 2014 at 12:13 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3901 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

We haven't heard from Rafael of late and reports on the news are not good. I believe folks in southern California refer to the winds that often drive these treacherous fires as Santa Ana winds. I don't know if that is true in San Diego, but it seems conditions are very challenging for fire fighters. Hope our friend is safe and his home secure.

May 18, 2014 at 12:15 AM
Jason_Brook
• • •
p.3901 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Guys, I have to say.... these old lenses are terrible and no one should buy them

Dat bokeh by Jason Brook, on Flickr

May 18, 2014 at 12:19 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3901 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

From my stroll yesterday at Fort Baker next to the Marin anchorage of the Golden Gate bridge, two shots. The first was taken as I walked down steps along the edge of San Francisco Bay. I noticed the California poppies between two of the wooden stairs. I had just enough distance with the 135 f/2.8 Q.C. AI to grab this shot...

And then a shot of the bridge with the 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI... a different perspective. We all know the suspension bridge that soars above the strait with the name the Golden Gate, but elements of the bridge are supported by elaborate steel structures on both the south and north end. This is the Marin side. As you will note, the bridge is ORANGE, not gold. I think they got a better deal on orange paint...

May 18, 2014 at 12:23 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3901 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jason, this beautiful woman is obviously very familiar with your photographic tendencies since she is will to wait patiently AND meet the camera lens with an open face... the mother of your child perhaps?

And don't believe for a moment that anyone on this thread could be talked out of their affection for these lenses. Once you start shooting with them the game is over... you simply want more of them...

May 18, 2014 at 12:27 AM
Jason_Brook
• • •
p.3901 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Jason, this beautiful woman is obviously very familiar with your photographic tendencies since she is will to wait patiently AND meet the camera lens with an open face... the mother of your child perhaps?

And don't believe for a moment that anyone on this thread could be talked out of their affection for these lenses. Once you start shooting with them the game is over... you simply want more of them...

Yup, that's my wife. Married four years now.

For those with heart conditions, look away.

May 18, 2014 at 12:44 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password