FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3897      
       3899              5887       5888       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3898 #1 · p.3898 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I'm guessing all the bright colors belong to your wife Ram...

Everything is fair fame for this thread. We only ask that the photo be taken with a Nikon MF lens on a Nikon camera. As we've learned over time, the more we play with this gear the better the photos we produce. By and large we have a great many fine photos being shared on the thread...

Jul 19, 2014 at 02:01 AM
Reagan
• • • •
p.3898 #2 · p.3898 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ram, it looks like you have adjusted to northern life quite well
I like all of your images since you have moved. I have always liked the 50 1.8
I do regret selling mine to Jay It was such a fun lens

Reagan

Scott keep those Acadia shots coming at least for the next 2 months
Well done catching the spray like that

Edited on Jul 19, 2014 at 02:04 AM · View previous versions

Jul 19, 2014 at 02:02 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3898 #3 · p.3898 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

That is a beauty Scott. I know it was no accident. First rate work.

Jul 19, 2014 at 02:03 AM
mp356
• • • • •
p.3898 #4 · p.3898 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you Reagan and Curtis. I have a few more to post from Acadia in the coming days.

Curtis, lovely rose. You are a pro at flowers.

Jul 19, 2014 at 02:11 AM
monday
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3898 #5 · p.3898 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan, The water looks fine hop on in

Curtis, Stunning flowers as always the colors on that sunflower are stellar!

Ram, Laundry is always welcome if the composition is always that good

Scott, Great timing on that capture arcadia looks amazing and you are doing it justice with the pics

Popping in with some more reaching the 4 image limit on this one
freeGaza by Ryan Monday, on Flickr

streetHarmonica by Ryan Monday, on Flickr

girlBaloonVert by Ryan Monday, on Flickr

cardsPlanter by Ryan Monday, on Flickr

Jul 19, 2014 at 02:59 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3898 #6 · p.3898 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Loving your street work Ryan. The little girl with her hand extended is priceless. Lots happening on Market Street...

Jul 19, 2014 at 04:15 AM
monday
• •
p.3898 #7 · p.3898 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Curtis always something to snap a pick of on market!

Jul 19, 2014 at 04:54 AM
Foggy14
• • •
p.3898 #8 · p.3898 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

This old Torrey Pine tree has seen better days, but it's still very interesting when the sun sets directly behind it.

Aperture Tree Nikon D800 Nikkor 50mm 1.2 ais 1/40s F16 ISO 100

Jul 19, 2014 at 05:13 AM
monday
• •
p.3898 #9 · p.3898 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Super cool foggy!

Jul 19, 2014 at 05:19 AM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3898 #10 · p.3898 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love it Jeff

Jul 19, 2014 at 05:32 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3898 #11 · p.3898 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
This old Torrey Pine tree has seen better days, but it's still very interesting when the sun sets directly behind it.

Like this one a lot Jeff!

Jul 19, 2014 at 05:48 AM
Foggy14
• • •
p.3898 #12 · p.3898 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ray, Ryan, John and Ken, thanks much!

Jul 19, 2014 at 05:49 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3898 #13 · p.3898 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jeff, your natural aperture lens is outstanding!!!

Managed to squeeze out time after work yesterday, brave Friday afternoon traffic and go get some photos. Following Ray's straight lines with the 18 3.5 AIS led me to the Baltimore Basilica, albeit too late to get inside. Didn't realize the entrance is locked by 4 pm.

This one is with the lens poked through the metal fence.

BaltimoreBasilica by maryland_photos, on Flickr

And sun shining bright and the 18 3.5 AIS at small aperture revealing "holy" ghosts in the Pope John Paul II Prayer Garden, which is within the Basilica complex.
PopeJohnPaulPrayerGardenWithSun by maryland_photos, on Flickr

The exterior view of the Prayer Garden.

PopeJohnPaulPrayerGarden by maryland_photos, on Flickr

The Basilica was built just about two centuries ago (1806-1821). It was the first great metropolitan cathedral built in the United States, not long after the adoption of the Constitution, and celebrates freedom of religion.

This quote from the website http://americasfirstcathedral.org/history provides the historic background of the Basilica:

"For more than 100 years until the American Revolution, the Catholic Church consisted of a persecuted but devout minority. With the adoption of the new Constitution, Church leaders wanted to build a cathedral to celebrate their newly acquired right to worship openly. Bishop Carroll adopted the forward-looking neoclassical architecture of the new federal city in Washington. He wanted an architectural symbol that was considered “American,” not Gothic and reminiscent of the Dark Ages in Europe."

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:42 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3898 #14 · p.3898 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

And the bright Basilica flowers providing a focal point for the 18 3.5 AIS to show its large aperture characteristics.

BasilicaFlowers by maryland_photos, on Flickr

A street corner view at one side of the Basilica complex. North Charles and Mulberry Streets.

CharlesSt by maryland_photos, on Flickr

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:48 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3898 #15 · p.3898 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Looking closely at the pictures at f8 or f/11, the 18 3.5 AIS is sharp all over the frame, except at the extreme far corners.

I am yet to try pointing at the sky with the lens wide open to study the vignetting (someone a few days ago on the thread suggested that).

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:53 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.3898 #16 · p.3898 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jeff, very moody beach-shot! A peaceful, almost "biblical" picture.

Samy, wow, the 18/3.5's bokeh wide open/close range is quite catchy ;-) The triangular shaped highlights at the corners are something special (typical for some MF-wides like the 24/2). Regarding the "holy ghosts"in the prayer garden: placing the sun behind some of the blossoms on top might have given a spectacular sunburst.

Jul 19, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3898 #17 · p.3898 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I am loving some of the street pix .... nice set Monday

Shame about your understanding of the English language .... tyres are the black things on wheels .... rubber stuff, you see on this side of the pond we speak English and spell things properly .... .... this side of the pond is the origin of the language that you say you speak .... so my spelling and play on the word is correct .... as in English ..... not American .... but each to his own .... (teachers pet me !!)

It's all a bit tongue in cheek !!

So a couple from the 200mm f2 at minimum focus distance ..... (no toobs)

and cropped ....

Steve

© Stokesey 2014

Do you think there is any fuchsia in it ??

NIKON D800    200mm    f/2.0    1/500s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

© Stokesey 2014

A Comma butterfly .... not sure on the punctuation though !!

NIKON D800    200mm    f/2.0    1/1250s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 19, 2014 at 11:16 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3898 #18 · p.3898 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Scott, Maine and Acadia have been on my list of places to get to, but until I do, glad to see the scenic views through your lens!

Ryan Monday, terrific glimpses of San Francisco! Your street photography and then what you get out of your post processing is inspiring! I have to say, bearbusstop is quite powerful.

Steve, wonderful childhood pics of your kids. And enjoyed the 1980s scene with film, including the bored yawning guy at the market. Great racing shots with the 300 2.8 and Gold 400! Wonder if you have any cricket scenes from Old Trafford somewhere on film too.

Andy, you are another thread member whose travels have showed us glimpses from far and wide. Great Wales panos!

Jay, liked the car condensation.

Nuno, very nice scenes at the island. Especially liked the coastal scene with the lighthouse. 30 euros ($40-45?) does sound very inexpensive indeed for a hotel stay in a tourist spot.

Reagan, glad you paid heed to the signs

Jose, the nectar robbing tanager is wonderfully done with the 400 5.6!

Francesco, very nice pic of your son. The 105 2.5's perfect for that purpose.

Ram, great frontal view of the tractor.

Ken, very nice examples from the 28-45 zoom! Keep getting better!

Enough for now, will be back later in the weekend.

Jul 19, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Ken Hill
• • •
p.3898 #19 · p.3898 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Steve we have children that are grown and I remember the 80's well. The Le Mans set is a time before the computerized engines and traction control systems. Last of the breed drivers. As to the language ... it took an Italian linguist to give the absolute definition for the words "complete" and "finished" to the Oxford English dictionary that claimed the were synonyms. The linguist said when you marry the perfect woman you are complete! If you marry a horrible woman you re finished! If you had been married and divorced by both you are completely finished!

Andy used a lot of sharpness and tweaked the color a bit (too much) for the post but looked all right on my monitor. I like the wall on the left of the first photo and its effect on the framing.

Craig I also look at Rockwell's page for his thought on MF lenses. My observation is he speaks in the superlative a lot, "every lens" is the best or worse and over the years without editing on his part he gets confusing. Still a good, and sometimes sole resource when taken with a grain of salt.

Jay time for a car wash! I sold my 43-86 some time ago but it was the one that lived on the F2 when the kids were small. Although soft it was flattering on portraits and when the twins were small and went in different directions I captured the shot. Nice shots !

Samy always look forward to the Baltimore series you present. Nice captures of the angles and shadows.

Ryan a cool set of shots from SF. Nicely done.

Nuno I like 9379's look up at the tower. Sets the tone for the series nicely.

Reagan I look at those signs put up by the locals to keep Yankees from fishing at there favorite spots. Looks like you have had a good time. Putting the Chevelle up for the summer?

Joan your shots are like a siren to me for the Df.

Curtis special photo of the sunflower and it's vibrant colors is outstanding. The telephone pole's marking tabs in black and white is so different in theme yet as good. I think the options allowed in PP is the best thing about digital cameras.

Ram you've not had to take in laundry to pay for the 200mm have you! Very well done, colors and framing.

Scott, nothing says the state of Maine's coastline than your "mid morning" photo. Sounds like a good trip and vacation.

Jeff the aperture tree shot is great and simple yet not an easy shot to get. Sunlight, angles and a starburst.

Yesterday was another blistering day here temp wise and at PT. Went to Marshall's camera and bought a late 55mm 3.5 and a set of reversing rings. I did this knowing UPS is bring me my Adorama camera purchase on Monday. NMFAS reared its head again. SO WHAT!

I played around lost night with the 55mm 3.5 on the V1 reversed with some really surprising results. I'll post one shot at the end of the few taken from the car window yesterday using the 25-50 which in my mind runs equally with the 28-45.

© Ken Hill 2014

Late afternoon sun.

© Ken Hill 2014

50mm

© Ken Hill 2014

25mm

© Ken Hill 2014

Label on a bottle shot with 55mm reversed on a V1

NIKON 1 V1    FT1 lens    0mm    f/0.0    1/10s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Jul 19, 2014 at 02:15 PM
Reagan
• • • •
p.3898 #20 · p.3898 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ken Hill wrote:
Reagan I look at those signs put up by the locals to keep Yankees from fishing at there favorite spots. Looks like you have had a good time. Putting the Chevelle up for the summer?

Yes on the Chevelle Too hot with no A/C and too much rain
Maybe a drive or 2 at 6am when it is nice out

Steve, 2 nice images with the 200/2

Reagan

Jul 19, 2014 at 02:55 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password