Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3875      
       3877              4191       4192       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3876 #1 · p.3876 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

John, lovely set from "Oreo". I wholeheartedly agree with your words about photography to record the present.

May 07, 2014 at 06:57 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3876 #2 · p.3876 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Chin, great candid of the sleeping veggie-seller ;-)

Dean and Chin - nice to hear about the good time together. Dean, the tune from your animated street-shots is running 24/7 in my car. Never liked "The Cure" when I was a school-boy, but "I dig you" is brilliant.

May 07, 2014 at 07:03 PM
basilisk

Upload & Sell: Off
p.3876 #3 · p.3876 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
I was in the living room a moment ago trying to set up a pedestal for my recently acquired statue of the Buddha, a photo of which appeared a few pages back after I'd accidentally dropped the plaster of Paris Buddha that had belonged to my partner for 35 years. It still sits behind me as i type this with a hairline crack visible in white against the black of the body. So you got me... my favorite quote comes from Long Chen Pa and says

That is what I'm doing here...
The other thing I'd note given your comments
...Show more

"At the still point of the turning world." Is a photograph this still point? Especially when we take our time to consider.

Just would like to say generally how much I appreciate the welcome from so many here. Forums can often be such shrill, competitive places - it is nice to find such a friendly, communally minded body.

Edited on May 07, 2014 at 07:09 PM · View previous versions

May 07, 2014 at 07:06 PM
Lieutenant Z
• • • •
p.3876 #4 · p.3876 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The Herboristerie, Lyon, 105 2.5 ais :

May 07, 2014 at 07:08 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.3876 #5 · p.3876 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Too busy last days and unfortunately no time for shooting. Anyway I managed to read all pages every night using a lot the "like button".

Just have to mention the stunning duck shots from Ronny

And Laura, with so many 85/1.4 lenses, won't you sell your 85/1.8 for me?
Too bad you sold your second copy of the 80-200/4.5 before I know it.
And if you are willing to get rid of one of yours 50-135, who knows I can get it ?

Inspired by "Curtis' workers that will install a pipe", I found these "old" shots (2011) of other workers over here, in a time when I was exploring more my 600mm f/5.6 ais ED-IF:

Tractor 100m away, with Nikkor 600mm f5.6 ais por labecoaves, no Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 600mm f/5.6 ai-s IF-ED + tripod. ISO 400, f/11 at 1/320s. The tractor was ~100m away.

2011-10-24_07-21-45h-web-600ais-40%-crop por labecoaves, no Flickr

D7000 + Nikkor 600mm f/5.6 ai-s IF-ED + tripod. ISO 400, f/8 at 1/800s. The worker was ~90m away. ~40% cropped.

May 07, 2014 at 07:12 PM
asiostygius
• • • •
p.3876 #6 · p.3876 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Welcome, George! Nice debut-set with the 20/3.5!

+1

May 07, 2014 at 07:13 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3876 #7 · p.3876 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

gbohannon wrote:
Hello. I have been following this thread for a little while and finally took the time to join in. I really enjoy the posts and the community of the forum. I have updated my profile to give a little background and to post my MF lens collection. I am glad I held on to a few of my lenses from my film days and I have also added a few since my Nikon Df purchase last winter. Since I do not have enough posts yet to be able to upload images directly, I am hoping my links to Flickr work
...Show more

Nice shots George! Welcome!

May 07, 2014 at 07:17 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3876 #8 · p.3876 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Steve, the train-station is beautifully captured.

Ram, congrats to your 105/1.8! Beautiful portrait of your wife. How comes that your D40 is missing 1 Megapixel

Alan, the 200/4 Ai rocks on your D7000.

Curtis, you were catching workers with chains? Nice detail, love the gritty conversion.

Chuong, beautiful butterfly-shots with the tubes 135/2!

Kevin, at the first glance at your macro-shot I thought it was a sea anemone. Beautiful!

Ray from Ohio - I like the stairway, it should make a great location for the wedding.

May 07, 2014 at 07:21 PM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3876 #9 · p.3876 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

gbohannon wrote:
Hello. I have been following this thread for a little while and finally took the time to join in. I really enjoy the posts and the community of the forum. I have updated my profile to give a little background and to post my MF lens collection. I am glad I held on to a few of my lenses from my film days and I have also added a few since my Nikon Df purchase last winter. Since I do not have enough posts yet to be able to upload images directly, I am hoping my links to Flickr work
...Show more
Welcome George! And thanks for telling us a little bit about yourself. Judging by your profile I think you're gonna enjoy this place. Looking forward to more from you.

May 07, 2014 at 07:22 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3876 #10 · p.3876 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Kevin, at the first glance at your macro-shot I thought it was a sea anemone. Beautiful!

Thanks Georg. This show was actually a "Free-Lens Reverse-Macro" Not only is the lens reversed, but I am holding it by hand, trying to do a bit of a tilt. The tilt didn't quite work, but the shot did.

I am still shooting from time to time. It is hard, but I have recovered enough to carry the camera and a lens. I have put off selling everything for the time being. I plan to let a few things go, and I have been doing a lot of reading on B/W conversions. With rare exception, (usually only flowers and the like) I am really enjoying B/W more and more. It elicits more of an emotional response from me and I want to develop that skill more. For those of you that post a lot of B/W work, can you recommend any sites or books on the subject?

Thanks for all the likes everyone.

May 07, 2014 at 07:31 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3876 #11 · p.3876 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

NightOwl Cat wrote:
Beautiful images of Oreo, John. Always hate when one of my pets die, but glad you were able to capture the dog's personality through your shots, too.

She had a very very good home & life - my wife always jokes that her father took better care of his dogs than he did his own children. I'm going to take all the photos of her (Oreo) and put them into a little book for my father-in-law as a memento.

May 07, 2014 at 07:38 PM
HCE HCE
• •
p.3876 #12 · p.3876 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Scott Noon at the train station! Nice shot.

Chin Wonderful shot of the sleeping woman.

James _Great_ shots with the 28mm f/2.

Kevin Beautiful flower detail!

John Nice dog portraits.

NightOwl Cat What this forum needs is on line ordering.

George Beautiful, my favorite is the 1st one.

Ray The Location shot is nice. I couldn't chose between the B&W and the color museum shots, I like them both for different reasons, a whole lot!

Jose Very sharp! I tried some ocean side telephoto shots but the atmospheric seeing wrecked havoc!

Philippe Looks frozen in time.

Thanks to a lot of hard work by her neighbors my dear friend is back from a nursing home and is in her own house, celebrating!
It was a wonderful party.

D800 35mm f/1.4 AIS @ 1.4
Happy Birthday!

-Jay-

May 07, 2014 at 07:54 PM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3876 #13 · p.3876 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jay, where is the funky bokeh? Nice smile on that pretty lady. Is she holding a knit sock?

May 07, 2014 at 07:58 PM
HCE HCE
• •
p.3876 #14 · p.3876 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Kevin
I was hoping for a bit more SA but the room was dark.
At least I got the whites to bleed a bit without pp.
I think if you look just above her head at the orange books there's a bit of
strangeness.
I guess the lens rendered cleanly, not adding a lot to the image.

I think they are stockings...

D800 35mm f/1.4 @ 1.4

-Jay-

Edited on May 08, 2014 at 01:23 AM · View previous versions

May 07, 2014 at 08:28 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3876 #15 · p.3876 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

So we have a Georg and now we have a George. Welcome George and thanks for adding information about yourself in your profile. You must have been doing a bit of reading because I'm regularly encouraging folks to include a bio and gear list. Your gear list suggests that you BELONG on this thread. I'm glad you found us and honored that your first post on FM is with us. I've no doubt that you'll find, as has James, that this is a very friendly place to talk about photography, especially about these wonderful lenses. Wonderful set of images to introduce yourself. Come on back and stay awhile. You'll meet some wonderful people.

May 07, 2014 at 08:51 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3876 #16 · p.3876 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Wonderful set of images John and a fine sentiment. We become so preoccupied with life at times that we forget how fleeting it can be. Photos can easily become treasures. I was talking with my friend who has ALS this morning and she told me about sitting in the evening with her ten year old son looking at photos from earlier years when she was able to be active and they did things together. He knows she won't live for a long time but that is not often talked about. But looking at photos is a reminder of how deep is their connection, how much a part of his life she has always been. My guess is these photos will always be treasured. And I imagine you're in-laws are delighted to have the photos you've taken of that one furry family member. Looks like a very sweet dog. Thanks for sharing them with us.

May 07, 2014 at 08:56 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3876 #17 · p.3876 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

So a bit of shooting today. I pulled out the 300 f/4.5 AI-s ED-IF and played a bit. This lens is such a sweetheart. It does everything well. It is light enough to easily hold by hand and sharp enough wide open that it really doesn't ever need to be stopped down. I'll share a few color photos taken from the rural part of Marin, then stop in a neighboring town Fairfax for a bit of play.

I shot the second photo out the open window of my car in manual mode to keep the shutter speed up. The flowers in the arbor were in the morning shade.

The next one surprised me. I was aware there was something next to the flower but it wasn't until I saw the image in post that I saw the approaching bee. This was wide open in aperture priority.

And a black and white image. The lens was a bit too long but this was the best I could do. Details are incredibly crisp.

May 07, 2014 at 09:04 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3876 #18 · p.3876 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

And a couple of shots in Fairfax, first with the 300, then three with the 55 f/1.2 S.C. AI. All but one was converted with Silver Efex Pro 2.

The owner of the classic car is talking with a passerby. I had time to get across the street and frame this shot, which was zone focused. I simply waited for the car to drive by.

Wish I'd shot wide open but I was at f/2.

May 07, 2014 at 09:09 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3876 #19 · p.3876 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis, the cinema-shot ("shot" sounds too discretionary, lets say cinema-photograph) really stands out. Perfect scenery, perfect framing, fantastic processing. Congrats!

May 07, 2014 at 09:18 PM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3876 #20 · p.3876 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Georg, that is high praise. It is rare that I take the time to consider every aspect of a shot but I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this shot and then waited. The universe seemed to work with me on this one since there was no traffic from the other direction. This is a very busy street so that in itself was rare. I was happy with the result. Truth be told I often think as I'm processing an image that "Georg will like this one..." That ONLY happens when I'm working in SEP...

May 07, 2014 at 09:34 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password