Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3757      
       3759              4266       4267       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3758 #1 · p.3758 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The 135 f/2.8 Q.C. AI arrived this afternoon and it is a much cleaner lens that my first copy... except there is adhesive from some kind of tape or paper that had once been glued to the lens hood. I can't seem to find my box of alcohol swabs so I can remove it at the moment. I'm hoping I will be able to since this lens will definitely satisfy me aesthetically. It is too dark to take the family portrait and I want to make the effort to remove the old, hardened adhesive which must be done carefully...

Apr 10, 2014 at 03:28 AM
ramkumar999
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3758 #2 · p.3758 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Excellent images Kevin, Mike, Buddy, Ken, Fons and George.

Congrats Ray on finding an amazing deal on eBay. Try the lottery now and get us all the goodies we love using that powerball!

Congrats Curtis on your 135mm QC., waiting to see the family photo like Rafael did with his 55mm.

Since I am almost moving, I have stopped looking at eBay as I wont be able to get it shipped. I did order a Vivitar AT3/AI extension tube set for $20. Cant wait to try it on my 135 and others.

Today, tried to do multiple exposure on the D600. Happy on the test shot. Will try out some more when I get time. Taken using my 50mm f1.8 AI.
Its a neat cool feature on D600 without reaching out to PS.

The artifacts you see in the second shot on the circle of confusion (Bokeh) is dust on the glass and one small patch of fungus which is growing on the 50mm f1.8 AI. I will have to clean out the fungus once I learn how to open this up.

Apr 10, 2014 at 03:36 AM
rafaelcasd
• • •
p.3758 #3 · p.3758 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Rafael, what a generous offer! You guys make me want a S or SC 55/1.2 too as partner of my lat Ai 55/1.2, but I will resist for now ;-)

Thank you Georg, This 55mm 1.2 SC non-ai lens has clean glass, smooth focus, good diaphragm and excellent cosmetics. Chuong was the first to respond and already paid for it, so it is his.

I bought it for a good price, so I sell it for a good price in the hopes that we keep good Karma flowing. The only imposition I am asking for is to let me ship it after the 'new' 972XXX series one arrives so that I can photograph and post all five 55mm 1.2 together.

Chuong if you are reading this, hope you love the lens, and if you don't feel free to send it back.

Apr 10, 2014 at 03:44 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3758 #4 · p.3758 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

ramkumar999 wrote:
Excellent images Kevin, Mike, Buddy, Ken, Fons and George.

Congrats Ray on finding an amazing deal on eBay. Try the lottery now and get us all the goodies we love using that powerball!

Congrats Curtis on your 135mm QC., waiting to see the family photo like Rafael did with his 55mm.

Since I am almost moving, I have stopped looking at eBay as I wont be able to get it shipped. I did order a Vivitar AT3/AI extension tube set for $20. Cant wait to try it on my 135 and others.

Today, tried to do multiple exposure on the D600. Happy on the
...Show more

The multiple exposure is a feature I have yet to try.

Can you see where the fungus is? I have cleaned a few lenses of fungus, ammonia and cotton swabs. If it's on the front, the serial number ring unscrews. If it's the rear, aperture has to come off and it should unscrew. Inside is a lot more involved.

Apr 10, 2014 at 04:31 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3758 #5 · p.3758 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Gotta love how we take care of one another...

Now a question for anyone who might have an answer. I'm not certain the best way to remove very dry adhesive from the metal hood of my newest acquisition. The hood is integral to the lens and not a separate piece. I thought to use an alcohol swab but my partner suggested that might not be the best solution, that it could damage the finish of the lens. Anyone have a secret for tackling something like this. My guess is this adhesive was applied a very long time ago and it is dried hard. Any suggestions will be appreciated... Thanks.

Apr 10, 2014 at 04:31 AM
dhamments
• •
p.3758 #6 · p.3758 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Gotta love how we take care of one another...

Now a question for anyone who might have an answer. I'm not certain the best way to remove very dry adhesive from the metal hood of my newest acquisition. The hood is integral to the lens and not a separate piece. I thought to use an alcohol swab but my partner suggested that might not be the best solution, that it could damage the finish of the lens. Anyone have a secret for tackling something like this. My guess is this adhesive was applied a very long time ago and it is
...Show more

Hi Curtis, I've had good success with this product while living in Canada...

http://googone.com/GooGone-Solutions

I removed some very sticky adhesive from an expensive bike frame using it and didn't mar the finish at all, in fact you couldn't tell the adhesive had ever been there. Good luck getting it off !

Cheers and good light,
David

Apr 10, 2014 at 04:40 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3758 #7 · p.3758 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis, I have used the sensor cleaning solution (Eclipse) to remove the residue off a lens. I used my fingernail to get as much off as I could, then used a lint free cloth to get the rest. Now my lenses aren't as minty fresh as yours, so I wasn't super careful. I would say my technique would be a last resort. I have also used the suds from a mix of water and Palmolive. Have to be careful though, it is water, and you have to rinse off the soap residue very well (wet rag a bunch of times) or it will stain. Then I put it in a lens case that has 4 desiccant sacks in it to dry it out. Again, not something I would try first.

Apr 10, 2014 at 04:41 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.3758 #8 · p.3758 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ram, very interesting and nice results from your multi-exposure-tryout. Played from time to time with this feature, remember shooting a tea-warmer de-focused and focused as multi-exposure back in the film-days. This shot was used in a collage/photo-illustration about a sighting of a unknown flying object (aka "flying saucer") ;-)

Apr 10, 2014 at 08:04 AM
georgms
• • • •
p.3758 #9 · p.3758 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Two more shots from today, sorry for all the colors:
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3782/13748987733_cb8d2b0028_o.jpg
135/2 Ais wide open

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7318/13748986273_fc48b3f1ce_o.jpg
bunte Kutter von georgsfoto auf Flickr
Nikkor-H Auto 85/1.8, Kodak-Ektar-preset

James Markus wrote:
Loving the colors, Georg!

Thanks, James! I always feel a bit uneasy when working with colors, as I'm used to edit my shots with very contrasty colors for news-paper-reproduction. Somehow I have lost my feel/sense for real colors.

Apr 10, 2014 at 08:08 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3758 #10 · p.3758 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Isn't Andy from Cairns Queensland? Just came across a news item on Cyclone Ita expected tomorrow. Stay safe Andy.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26966769

Apr 10, 2014 at 09:13 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

leighton w
• • • • •
p.3758 #11 · p.3758 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mr. G wrote:
I think I was bidding on that one. My max bid was $341 and it sold today for $346

Gregg

Yep, that's the one and I would have won it if not for...

Apr 10, 2014 at 09:54 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3758 #12 · p.3758 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Two more shots from today, sorry for all the colors:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7318/13748986273_fc48b3f1ce_o.jpg

Worthy of another look! I love it. But what's up with all the color images of late?

Apr 10, 2014 at 09:59 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3758 #13 · p.3758 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ram, very interesting portrait of your lovely wife. It works for me.

Edited on Apr 10, 2014 at 10:05 AM · View previous versions

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:03 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3758 #14 · p.3758 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

dhamments wrote:
Hi Curtis, I've had good success with this product while living in Canada...

http://googone.com/GooGone-Solutions

I removed some very sticky adhesive from an expensive bike frame using it and didn't mar the finish at all, in fact you couldn't tell the adhesive had ever been there. Good luck getting it off !

Cheers and good light,
David

+1 on the Goo Gone.

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:04 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3758 #15 · p.3758 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I can't seem to copy and paste images anymore, it's just pasting the link like the one above of Georg's image. I did it like I used to but to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:08 AM
deang001
• • •
p.3758 #16 · p.3758 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Tried out the double exposure feature on the FM2 over the last couple of days I'm pretty happy for my first attempt ... I see some potential surrealistic fun here though !!

Taken with the 55/2.8 Micro ... I think this is a good lens for this sort of stuff as you can take close-ups for effect in one of the exposures. Used Fujicolor Gyoumu 400 film.

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:46 AM
deang001
• • •
p.3758 #17 · p.3758 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
I can't seem to copy and paste images anymore, it's just pasting the link like the one above of Georg's image. I did it like I used to but to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

FM and Flickr is just a match made in heaven ... not. I don't know what's going on any more. Very painful to try and post anything.

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:49 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3758 #18 · p.3758 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Dean, you said this was your first attempt? You must be joking, these look great. You have a good eye with matching themes, I can't make up my mind which one I like the best. I wanna see more!

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Reagan
• • • •
p.3758 #19 · p.3758 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton, some images I can copy and paste and others I cannot
I must be how the person loaded them I couldn't do Georg's either

R

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:59 AM
HCE HCE
• •
p.3758 #20 · p.3758 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Dean Wow, what a great set, double exposures done the hard way! Like them all but the Mega Store is my favorite.
I'm missing seeing that incredible shot of the IV motorcycle rider on the AF thread you started. Hope you can fix that sometime.
-Jay-

Apr 10, 2014 at 10:59 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password