Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3715      
       3717              4226       4227       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Paul Gabel
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3716 #1 · p.3716 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thank you Buddy, James, Mihai, Rafael, Ronny and Samy for your nice comments on my family shot.

Rafael, wonderful mirror shot of the mariachi artist.
Jay, like the egrets with their bad hair day.
James, the shot of the blue glass is very cool.
Ed, 28-50-105 is a nice set, and you really cannot do without a 105.
Georg, like the red accents in your series.

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Aloicious
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3716 #2 · p.3716 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

its been a while since I had Nikon MF glass, but I scored a nice 105 f2.5 AIS recently off ebay, its one of the later versions with the SIC coatings too, probably doesn't make much difference vs the NIC ones when it all comes down to it, but hey, why not, right? hah

don't have any images to share right now, but looking forward to going out with it soon, just been trying to cruise through the thread and thought I'd join in.

Apr 01, 2014 at 12:16 AM
Ken Hill
• •
p.3716 #3 · p.3716 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan went to Anna Ruby Falls today it is a good little hike. Also went to Helton Falls. Glad we took the Tahoe. Four-wheel-drive across two streams to get there.

Mihai wonderful picture of the girl studying

Samy great architecture always a joy seeing your posts.

RAM like your take on the flowers.

Paul I think we have something in common. My grandson could put on a face like that too.

James the second shot with the aircraft in the clouds is really really good I liked it

Rafael we have an event here in Lakeland and the fire marshal always has the final say and sometimes walks around with yardstick. Despite the setbacks they are terrific pictures.

James in Seattle really interesting stuff good!!

Buddy another good series as usual I really like it

Jay do you need a concealed weapons permit for that ha ha!!

David the night fishing is a really great shot that has light framing focus it's got everything!

Ed really good door shots

James thanks for the compliment. The blue glass and reflection wow what a terrific picture!

Steve I like the black-and-white and the color street scene, very nice indeed!

Mitch I like your recent works thanks for putting it on the forum.

Reagan I had a terrific snow shot up here in Georgia .... then I realized I overexposed the parking lot.

Georg great framing that bird is terrific it just sets the whole tone!

Curtis I agree the D700 is a natural for manual focus lenses they just work well together. I was reading the latest copy of Shutterbug. I'm glad I don't have the perpetual problem of selecting the new and various AF lenses that people seem to want. I seem to be happy with what I have and the good people on this thread seem happy with what they have also. We're pretty lucky if you think about it.

Jay, Mike, the latest issue of Shutterbug (May) has a good piece on astronomy you might find it interesting. I also like to add, what you posted here is a lot better than what they printed.

Anna Ruby Falls with the 55mm 1,2 and the 28mm 2,8.

Ken Hill 2014

The Falls

NIKON D700    55mm    f/16.0    1/13s    0.0 EV  

Ken Hill 2014

Downstream ... looking for my lens cap lost at the falls!

NIKON D700    55mm    f/16.0    1/13s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Ken Hill 2014

Both Falls

NIKON D700    20mm    f/22.0    1/20s    200 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Ken Hill 2014

Could not ask for a nicer day!

NIKON D700    55mm    f/5.6    1/1000s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Apr 01, 2014 at 02:13 PM · View previous versions

Apr 01, 2014 at 12:21 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3716 #4 · p.3716 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:
I am just trying to help out here
Mint 50-300 Ai-s

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1284576

R

That is a beauty and from a quick check of E-Bay the price is right. Were I in the market for this lens I'd definitely bite, but I can get to 300mm without having to contend with the weight of this lens. I know having a zoom gives flexibility but the weight kills it for me. Someone will be very happy with the lens however. Thanks Reagan, for helping us out...

Apr 01, 2014 at 12:26 AM
CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3716 #5 · p.3716 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Aloicious wrote:
its been a while since I had Nikon MF glass, but I scored a nice 105 f2.5 AIS recently off ebay, its one of the later versions with the SIC coatings too, probably doesn't make much difference vs the NIC ones when it all comes down to it, but hey, why not, right? hah

don't have any images to share right now, but looking forward to going out with it soon, just been trying to cruise through the thread and thought I'd join in.

Welcome Justin... you found the right place to show off what your D800 can do with that classic lens. That was the first MF Nikkor I bought and it was the subject of the first thread I started on FM. It also propelled me into this wonderful world and resulted in this conversation which is now over three and a half years long. My guess is it wall last as long as Fred Miranda is keeping this website going, in part because so many folks like yourself who enjoyed these lenses long ago are giving them another run for the money. Have fun... and see you soon.

Apr 01, 2014 at 12:29 AM
Ken Hill
• •
p.3716 #6 · p.3716 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Some more from Northeast Georgia where there is a tourist market besides nature.

Ken Hill 2014

The headless horseman!

NIKON D700    20mm    f/5.6    1/50s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Ken Hill 2014

Local food!

NIKON D700    55mm    f/2.8    1/100s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Ken Hill 2014

Biergarten!

NIKON D700    55mm    f/5.6    1/800s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Sunlight makes this better!

NIKON D700    20mm    f/22.0    1/400s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Edited on Apr 01, 2014 at 02:20 PM · View previous versions

Apr 01, 2014 at 12:34 AM
mp356
• • • •
p.3716 #7 · p.3716 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Georg, great series. I like the framing and composition of this one.

Apr 01, 2014 at 12:58 AM
rafaelcasd
• • •
p.3716 #8 · p.3716 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Lots of great pictures to admire, will come back later to comment.

Shot all day with MF-Nikkor's, here are 3 with the 85/1.8H (got this one from Paul - Bedankt!):
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3761/13545288795_2b200950cb_b.jpg
frische Farben in Rostock von georgsfoto auf Flickr
some fresh colors in my hometown ;-) 4 vertical shots with the 85/1.8H stitched

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7221/13545755194_d7df346745_b.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3742/13541385825_ffc1dd651f_b.jpg
Dieselmotorenwerk von georgsfoto auf Flickr

Love the 85mm perspective Georg.

Great collage Ken.

Apr 01, 2014 at 01:52 AM
Big Appa
• • •
p.3716 #9 · p.3716 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love the birdie with the red scarf, too!

And Ken, it is amazing how much Ruby Falls looks like the area about thirty miles
from my home, at Blackwater Falls next to Davis, West Virginia. Some of the pines and foliage sure looks the same.

Ed

Apr 01, 2014 at 01:57 AM
Mr. G
• • •
p.3716 #10 · p.3716 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A few from this weekend.

Enjoy ..... Gregg

Rust and wood. D700 @ ISO 200. Micro 55mm f2.8 AI-s. 1/160 @ f8.0

Wood. D700 @ ISO 200. Micro 55mm f2.8 AI-s. 1/100 @ f5.6, flash fired at -1.3 EV

Moonscape. D700 @ ISO 200. 28mm f2.0 AI-s. 1/3200 @ f5.6

Apr 01, 2014 at 02:21 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

kwoodard
• • • •
p.3716 #11 · p.3716 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

If anyone wants to give a 43-86mm...

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1284673

Apr 01, 2014 at 03:16 AM
ramkumar999
• •
p.3716 #12 · p.3716 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Looking back, between pages 3712-3716., following are the ones I liked.
Bert's 135mm f3.5 flower shots were amazing.
Mihai's 105mm f2.5 shot
Samy's street shots
Paul's 55mm f1.2 shot of his grandson.
JD's bird shots.
Rafael's Mariachi shots.
James - multi-exposure shot.
Buddy's country shots on 55mm.
Jay's Egret shot was amazing.
David's bridge shots.
Ed's lock photo.
Steve's Police shot.
Mitch's fern flowers.
Ronny's water shots.
George's fresh flowers shot.
Curtis flower shot.
Ken's waterfall shot.
Gregg's rust shot.

Here is my contribution for tonight. I used my 180mm f2.8 on D600 and came home with this great reflection shot., but wanted to try black and white in photoshop. I then selected the Infrared preset and adjusted it more slightly.
Let me know if you like it.

B/W Infrared shot.

Original shot.

Apr 01, 2014 at 03:28 AM
rafaelcasd
• • •
p.3716 #13 · p.3716 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I can't believe I took 1000 shots at this mariachi festival, mostly for lack of confidence in the lens, which I use rarely. It will take eternity to sort, delete, and edit. It is also interesting how the different lens and lower ISO requires different processing. The 80-200mm 2.8 is odd in behavior, sharp and fuzzy at the same time, if you nail the focus it is great, but be ever so slightly off and you will regret it. It does clean up well with axial aberration correction when slightly out of focus.

I will be able to get good photos:

a Crop 100% D800, soft but sharp, ISO 2200 at 2.8. don't like high ISOs but there is really no choice.

This is the director, he is the lead for all the schools Mariachi music program, this is a heavy crop already:

100% crop D800 ISO 2200, at 4.0

Edited on Apr 01, 2014 at 05:09 AM · View previous versions

Apr 01, 2014 at 04:43 AM
adh67
• • •
p.3716 #14 · p.3716 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Very busy with work today. Just caught up with the pages I missed. I wish I had more time to go trough them, but for some reason my boss wants me to concentrate at work. Not sure what that is about, but I guess something has to pay for all my hobbies.

Here are a few from my neighborhood this evening after I got home.

Bert

Bert de Haan

D7100 + 50mm f1.8 Ais

D7100 + 28mm f3.5 Ai

Apr 01, 2014 at 04:54 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.3716 #15 · p.3716 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hello everyone, and please forgive my non Nikon photograph's, however, I really felt the need to update everyone on my current familial situation, concerning my daughter!
As some may recall, she had to be hospitalize a bit ago, due to a malignant cancerous tumor, that gave us all a real test of family strength, unity, and overall faith in humanity, and God!
During our stressful times at the children's hospital, and out, only to return, for chemotherapy treatments, I found solace, in this forum, with many kind words, of positivity, and human compassion, amongst other, much needed, and appreciated feelings, and thought's!
I really feel that this gave me the ability, to be there for my daughter, and my family, as they struggled, and, I am forever grateful, and with this in mind, and, with the inability to formulate a better structured writing, I want to say many more very deserved words, to express my gratitude, so, here I go!

My daughter spent the day before her 17th birthday in the hospital, and, as miserable as it felt, we were able to celebrate the best we could, and have the most genuine fun, we could affront, not knowing our future outcome yet, in order to reassure our child, that she was going to live, and that God had bigger plans for her, and her future, and here are some of them, so far!
She has become an adult, 18, and near completion, of high school! She is still working on her drivers license, as she had time away from learning due to hospital stay, and chemo. She is currently looking to enter the work force as well, and decide her college choices, with guitar as one of her major's, and, or music, I can't recall all of that part, since, I'm a bit muddle brained at nearly all times! I do know she is very good at numbers, and saving her money, since her first allowance, with a basic understanding of the stocks, I purchased for her since age 10 or so, I as a proud papa, tried to slightly bombard her with business administration as a minor, propaganda, lol!
So many things have happened, and will happen in what seems like an oxymoron(ic) long, brief period of time! For example, she will be attending prom real soon, and she is extremely excited, and nervous, which, does not fit the character of my daughter, although, she is a bit like her mother, and father, introverted, although, not as much, as I have always been, most, if not, my entire life, even during marriage, but, that is a tale far to unusual, and not the basis, of this story, so, on I continue!
As time progress, and doctor visits lessen, we will always continue being a closely tight family, even, as we grow older, and our children venture off this vast world of awesomeness, to gather their strengths, build their lives, and grow every day, into one of the many fantastic humans, as the one's on this fine forum, throughout this fantastic world! Thank you very much, everyone, for your time, words of wisdom, and encouragement, and ability to withstand, this diminutive in many areas, man, in such a vast land, of wonders, souls, and life! May you, and your families have a wonderful life, ever, and always, Sincerely, Americo J.Rodriguez, proud father of two, proud husband, of a wonderful, kind, and possibly insane, wife, that loves me, and an aspiring photographer, and human!

P.S., Please enjoy these photo's, despite not being shot, on the sub-forum rule, format! My cellphone, and my Mamiya RB67 Pro., are my only cameras to use at this moment, and, until, I perfect the art of film, I am glad to use my cellphone, as much as possible, in order to never miss an opportunity, and to, continue to hone my skills! By the way, at her request, I could not take any of her smiling, because that isn't"cool" still, these day's! I may have "accidentally" shot some, but, I haven't uploaded any, save, for one semi blurred one, that I will share, regardless!

P.S.S, She is also wearing her medal earned for competing in, and, her final tour, of percussion! I don't have very much knowledge at these terms, but, I have my fatherly support, 1000%! Ad infinitum in life, learning, and the pursuit of the future written story, of life!

papa the doof!

Apr 01, 2014 at 06:40 AM
giag
• •
p.3716 #16 · p.3716 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I'm also fighting cancer but without health insurance its more based on prayer for my recover.

I love the bird pic, great bird scarf I thought it was a real bird for the longest time!!!

I posted some pics with my 35mm over here if you wanna look

pics with the 35mm

Apr 01, 2014 at 06:48 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.3716 #17 · p.3716 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

giag wrote:
I'm also fighting cancer but without health insurance its more based on prayer for my recover.

I love the bird pic, great bird scarf I thought it was a real bird for the longest time!!!

I posted some pics with my 35mm over here if you wanna look

pics with the 35mm

giag, I am sorry to hear this, and I will send my prayers to you, and your loved one's every night!
My family and I, have been blessed, with my wife' 19 years of employment, and health coverage, thank God! Although, we have been hit with large portions of PPO deductibles, and residuals, we have stayed afloat as much as possible, despite the many monetary sanctions, we have been hit by! For one, I have sold all of my camera gear, and thank God, photography enthusiasts have been willing to pay a premium, they allowed us to counter some, but, not all of our large bills, that seem to flow ever week!
We have also been hit by many ta bills, including some from previous years, that, due by our lack of diligence, and, well, understanding, lead us to be taken for granted by our tax lady, that promised us, everything we received, was due to us! Will, Uncle Sam was repaid, for the most part, levies and all, but, we still have much more to go, and the sore lesson, of complete trust, and the understanding, that fears money handling, and to good to be true, receiving, are not worth ignoring!
We have our home, food, and our health, and that is worth more than anything else imaginable!

Apr 01, 2014 at 07:05 AM
giag
• •
p.3716 #18 · p.3716 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

ken excellent creepy stuff!!! love the headless horseman those veins on the horse wow!

Apr 01, 2014 at 08:12 AM
giag
• •
p.3716 #19 · p.3716 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

a.RodriguezPix wrote:
giag, I am sorry to hear this, and I will send my prayers to you, and your loved one's every night!
My family and I, have been blessed, with my wife' 19 years of employment, and health coverage, thank God! Although, we have been hit with large portions of PPO deductibles, and residuals, we have stayed afloat as much as possible, despite the many monetary sanctions, we have been hit by! For one, I have sold all of my camera gear, and thank God, photography enthusiasts have been willing to pay a premium, they allowed us to counter
...Show more

I made it three years but I look a fright. pm me if you wnt to try some chinese herbal tree I came up with. I'll send u a sample for free.

I finally got el cheapo bare coverage and the first doctor I saw was a crazy indian who was so bad I ran out screaming SHES A QUAAAAK

I've been taking B17 amygdalin and chinese herbs. I'm slowly on the mend.

I'm loving my fuji s5. and manual lenses. I've decided I want to get a full kit of AIS lenses from 18 or 20 to 135 and the leighton lens. so far that means I'm missing:
20 2.8
85 2
105 2.5
135 2.8

or course you really don't need all those.. but like any collector its fun to slowly reach your goal. having tried some of the other lenses, like the heavy rokinon 85 1.4, i find I dont like them nearly as much as th eold ais. and for AF, I like the smaller AFD lenses if they are primes more than the AF-S which I really wont ever touch.

Apr 01, 2014 at 08:27 AM
giag
• •
p.3716 #20 · p.3716 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Big big vote up for "egrets bad hair day" but I'd crop it so you can really see how silly they are!

Apr 01, 2014 at 08:28 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password