_DSC8066 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

_DSC8067 by AndyMacDougallPhotography, on Flickr

Andy

Apr 23, 2014 at 06:09 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3685 #2 · p.3685 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Same seller as the AI converted lens has a 16/3.5 as well.

Apr 23, 2014 at 06:11 AM
nampramos
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3685 #3 · p.3685 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Rafael, I will skip the lens and keep on searching.

Andy, really nice photos!

Apr 23, 2014 at 07:30 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3685 #4 · p.3685 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Only managed to go back about 3 pages and amazing shots as usual, will have to try and carve out time to go through more and not fall further behind.

Andy, glad to get a tour of this historic village through your photos! Ray, great images of the little ones! Scott, very nice rendering of the keys on the keyboard. Craig, wonderful moment, looks like quite a conversation going on! Ram, hope you are all settled down soon in the new place.

Good to see more interest in the 28 3.5 PC lens. Georg, fine images of that building! James, that aperture ring is indeed buttery smooth. But watch out, it can be locked using the second ring going one way while one can accidentally change the aperture towards the larger settings. I did that a few days ago and wondered why a shifted image came out very blurry, turned out the the ring got shifted to about f/4 instead of the f/8 I had set it originally. Well I just have to go back for another try to that building

And going back to film in Central Park using the S2 rangefinder, here's a couple.

10.5cm PC f2.5, Ultramax 400
CentralPark1 by maryland_photos, on Flickr

5cm 1.4 SC, Ektar 100
CentralParkFlowers by maryland_photos, on Flickr

Apr 23, 2014 at 08:40 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3685 #5 · p.3685 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Scott - Really like the bokeh play with the keyboard.

Andy - Thanks for the door!

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:14 AM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3685 #6 · p.3685 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Had to pick up Gus from the vet yesterday afternoon after getting an "operation". This old abandoned house is across the road from the vet. Shot with the 35/1.4 @ 5.6.

Overtaken by Leighton Womack, on Flickr

Edited on Apr 23, 2014 at 11:51 AM · View previous versions

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:16 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3685 #7 · p.3685 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Also decided to use my "lens cap" camera yesterday.

© NightOwl Cat 2014

400mm f/5.6

NIKON 1 V1    FT1 lens    1/3200s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

300mm f/2.8 - Hand Held

NIKON 1 V1    FT1 lens    1/125s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

© NightOwl Cat 2014

300mm f/2.8 - Hand Held

NIKON 1 V1    FT1 lens    1/100s    100 ISO    0.0 EV  

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:24 AM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3685 #8 · p.3685 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

leighton w wrote:
Steve, what he said.

Leighton I understand .... I will try to get some less busy pix for comparison for you !!!

And Curtis you are right and silly of me to suggest that all 180mm f2.8 Ai lenses were ED ... of course just because mine was one of those at the end which has ED, it was wrong to put on here that or hint that they all were. mine was made in the last batch. And being in the business, even though I have good contacts doesn't always mean I can be right ...

------------------

Also Leighton .... I did promise some time back to look at the picture of the young lady in the black hat in the NEF file to see what the lighting was like without any camera artefacts. So here you are : -

Steve

© Stokesey 2014

Original jpeg file

NIKON D800    50mm    f/3.5    1/100s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

© Stokesey 2014

Original colour from the raw file - interesting

© Stokesey 2014

NEF file put through OnOne software with Perfect B&W Ambrose setting

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Stokesey
• • •
p.3685 #9 · p.3685 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Leighton .... It looks like you are loving that 35mm f1.4

You sure are using it well .... and the pix are looking gorgeous !!

Will it become the new go to lens ??

Andy .... thanks for the Austin pix .... After your first pic of the bonnet badge ... I was expecting a pristine edition,

I see that's not the case .... but what great pictures .... well done you ... I love them !!

And yes I am old enough to remember them on the road !!

Steve

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:46 AM
flow71

p.3685 #10 · p.3685 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Chin, Nuno, Ken, Ray, Georg, David thank you all for your comments!

Steve, that has to be the Bir-Hakeim stop of the Paris Metro. I like the very classical look of the sepia conversion.

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

leighton w
• • • • • •
p.3685 #11 · p.3685 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Stokesey wrote:
Leighton .... It looks like you are loving that 35mm f1.4

You sure are using it well .... and the pix are looking gorgeous !!

Will it become the new go to lens ??

Andy .... thanks for the Austin pix .... After your first pic of the bonnet badge ... I was expecting a pristine edition,

I see that's not the case .... but what great pictures .... well done you ... I love them !!

And yes I am old enough to remember them on the road !!

Steve

Thanks Steve, the 35 will probably stay on for awhile anyway.

I think the RAW version of your portrait is much improved, although it could use a little tweak. I would encourage you to shoot RAW or at least adjust your in-camera jpeg settings to lower the saturation and contrast a bit. Having said that, I am viewing images on a monitor using the Spyder 4, but who knows, that may not be adjusted right.

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:32 AM
dhamments
• • •
p.3685 #12 · p.3685 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lovely photo of a lovely woman Steve.... it's definitely the RAW file for me.

Cheers and good light,
David

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Ken Hill
• • •
p.3685 #13 · p.3685 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Greg happy to oblige with the graffiti boxcars. I see Kevin has an iPhone picture of the same boxcar in his neck of the woods out there in California. I guess it's a small world.

Georg are US lawyer would say that is a terrific photograph of a beer bottle offset by those "green" doors. . On the other hand if you recall I mentioned a friend of mine just recently passed. Hie moved to Switzerland and after a while he found graffiti was taking over his quiet little town.

Curtis around here when we see blue-and-white cars like that being washed it usually done by work release inmates. Is that the case here?

James there is a remarkable difference with the ACR – CA correction. Would not of thought that. The last photo and the telephone poles on the last surely make your point and prove your experiment. Thank you.

Kevin if I sneak back in there later & sign that box car and send it back to you will you take a picture of it? Too funny!

Buddy, very good work with this lens. It is your third shot they got my attention. Good color good focus and really captured the action.

Ray perfect captures of the children over Easter. I see you had a bunch of happy models I don't know what your secret is but put it in a jar and sell it. It also explains all the candy in your other post.

Andy what a capture of the reptile. Very up close and personal!!! As to your other comment there was a old-time baseball player name Yogi Berra who had an expression that said when you come to a fork in the road take it. That sums it up all we can do is our best. And speaking of the best that rusty Austin has to be right up there with the best ones ever!

Craig I agree with Ray. John White does an excellent job. I sent him one a week and a half ago and I'm due to get it back any day. It cost $33 which includes the return shipping.

Leighton come to Florida, take pictures, we'll send you home with a bag of black snakes. They love Barns.

Nitro you're looking good!

José terrific as usual ... Not so bright colors yet very good contrast.

Scott no pun intended but when I saw the keyboard I thought Scott Joplin! That piano looks like it's seeing some use.

Laura I like the weathervane, the fact that it was turning makes it all the more interesting. Simple photo yet great.

Steve the mouse made me think of Steamboat Willie which is the original name for you know who. Steamboat wasn't really on the plump side but a slim figure. As the pilots say any landing you can walk from is a good one. I wouldn't worry!
Extraordinary colors on the chaffinch.

I don't presume to offer advice but tell your little friend this is how proper mice camouflage themselves.

© Ken Hill 2014

D800 100-300 @F11

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Oosty
• • • •
p.3685 #14 · p.3685 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Steve - Nice image and I presume the comparatives are there for comments. IMO the skin tones in the RAW version are more natural but the rest needs a little bit of tweaking to give it more impact. The B&W is lovely and moody.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:41 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3685 #15 · p.3685 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jose, superbe balcony-birding! Love colors and details of your fine shots, beautiful work.

Samy, your central-park-flowers are great. Looking at your shots/scans I think the Ektar might gave you the best results in terms of color-reproduction.

Andy, love the car-close-ups!

Craig, love the interaction you've caught with your 28/2! B&W works great for this candid.

Ram, really "delicate" bokeh on your Forsythia-shot.

Scott, nice point/angle of view on your piano-bokeh-shot.

Leighton, I hope Gus is well (as well as possible). I like the spooky house, I can already see it as subject of a night-scene with the moon above it.

Laura, nice take on the swan. Hand-holding a really long non-VR-lens on the V1 is really challenging (not only in terms of camera-shake inducing blur, but also from a compositional point of view) and you've mastered this task.

Steve, I agree to 100% with Leighton about your beautiful portrait and it's processing/display (sitting in front of a calibrated low-end-display).

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:42 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3685 #16 · p.3685 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ken, wow, nice mouse-camouflage-image I love your words about steamboats and landings, btw.

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:45 PM
dhamments
• • •
p.3685 #17 · p.3685 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

First of all, thanks for the comments on the lone sailboat. There's so much to like in this thread, and it marches at such a pace... out tonight I took a different route to Koombana Bay, armed with three lenses, the Leighton Lens which seems to live on my D700, perhaps my favourite 28mm f2.8 ais and my low light "bokeh" lens, the 50mm f1.4 ais.

First, the 50-135 ais

DSC_8642 by dhamments2013, on Flickr

This is a 3 shot handheld panorama...

DSC_8626 by dhamments2013, on Flickr

The 28mm f2.8 ais is next...

DSC_8656 by dhamments2013, on Flickr

and finally, a little "bokeh play" with the 50mm f1.4 ais

DSC_8659 by dhamments2013, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Cheers and good light,
David

Edited on Apr 23, 2014 at 01:10 PM · View previous versions

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:57 PM
the solitaire
• • • •
p.3685 #18 · p.3685 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
There's a nice 55mm 1.2 SC NON AI on E-bay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-55mm-f-1-2-non-ai-lens-9-out-of-10-classic-beauty-/171308571990?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item27e2c95d56

and here with AI conversion

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-55mm-f1-2-AI-lens-/201074555811?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item2ed0fa3ba3

The Ai converted one has some glass chips. The non Ai unfortunately does not ship to Germany

5 hours left. I'll just keep an eye on where the price will go. That fiirst one really looks like a lens I would buy provided I had the money and they would ship overseas

For anyone brave enough to convert one of these, I just took mine apart the other day. It's one of the easiest lenses to convert. Just remove the 5 screws on the back, take off the shiny bit, remove the single screw from the side of the aperture ring (that one controls the aperture) and remove the aperture ring. Just make sure to put a lens cap on the front and don't place the lens on the back when the aperture ring is removed. The rear element is quite exposed.

The Ai cutout goes from f5,6 plus 1/3rd of the way to f8 two and a half scallops. For reference, before taking off the aperture ring just set the aperture to f5,6. The meter prong (rabbit ears) align with a screw on the lens mount. The Ai ridge cutout should go from the left outer edge of the screw to the right outer edge of the next screw clockwise. About 2 and a half scallops

(I can provide detailed pictures for anyone willing to give that a try)

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:58 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3685 #19 · p.3685 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks for the comments on the house-images, really much appreciated.

Spent some time this midmorning on a pier, waiting for a Navy-vessel that should leave the port.
It was a dull morning, a bit colder than expected and I've shot a few frames to keep me busy while waiting…

towed in von georgsfoto auf Flickr
a dredger was towed in, the colors and tones are pretty (or rather not pretty) natural - 400/3.5 at f/4 - D3s

Optis von georgsfoto auf Flickr
"Optimist"-sailing-dinghies are heading North for some training-sessions
This scene - kids cruising around the trainer - reminded me of a couple ducklings floating around "mom"
Ais 400/3.5 IF-ED at f/5.6

ein Tag am Meer von georgsfoto auf Flickr
say cheeese - probably a school-excursion, the framing sucks (my framing, not the teachers composition)
Nikkor-Q Auto 135/2.8 at f/5.6 - D700

Edited on Apr 23, 2014 at 01:16 PM · View previous versions

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:59 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3685 #20 · p.3685 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Three more:

Baltsund von georgsfoto auf Flickr
There's a boy in every man: yes, I love tugboats, ever did, ever will love tugboats
This one is a rather classical shaped example, except for the pilot-house, which was shaped to work well for the captain, not to please my critical eyes.
400/3.5 at f/4 again - love this lens

special flower-image von georgsfoto auf Flickr
A rather special flower-shot: burials at sea are common here. This rose was tossed into the sea by a helpless acting woman.
Today was probably a special day for her and she couldn't get closer to the "grave" of the deceased loved one without a boat.
This is probably a downside of burials at sea.
400/3.5 again at f/4

ein Tag am Meer von georgsfoto auf Flickr
Couldn't help myself, I absolutely had to take this picture. Framing is against all rules, but I like it a lot (very rare case).
It made me feel bad to "shoot" this couple with a long lens, I just couldn't withstand the urge to capture this scene.
Hope both had " a nice day at the sea", nonetheless the dull weather.
D3s + 400/3.5 IF-ED at f/4 again

Apr 23, 2014 at 01:14 PM
1       2       3              3684      
       3686              5885       5886       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3684      
       3686              5885       5886       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password