Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3682      
       3684              4307       4308       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

saph
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3683 #1 · p.3683 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

The Civil War Trails sign points to the route which the soldiers were following during the riot. The road was much narrower back then.

CivilWarTrailsPresidenSt by maryland_photos, on Flickr

This is where the soldiers' route turned west from President Street onto Pratt Street. Most of the action seems to have taken place on Pratt Street. The latter is now very different from a century and a half ago.

PresidentAndPrattSt by maryland_photos, on Flickr

And as promised, here's where the first shots of the American Civil War rang out. There was a narrow bridge that got Pratt Street over the Jones Fall. The first shooting between the soldiers and the mob attacking them occured right around here.

PrattStAtJonesFall_SceneOf1stShots by maryland_photos, on Flickr

All these images were with the 35 f2 OC.

Mar 23, 2014 at 12:58 AM
ramkumar999
• •
p.3683 #2 · p.3683 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mr. G wrote:
Ram, very interesting concept. How difficult is it to combine the 60 photos? I see some great possibilities with this technique.

Gregg

CGrindahl wrote:
Awesome Ram! Wow. I've never seen anything like this before. It is like an oversized shot taken with the 8mm lens Rafael owns.

saph wrote:
Amazing Ram, does look like a super fisheye shot!

Thank you guys.. @Greg, PTGUI does an extremely good job of stitching if you have enough overlap between images and does not have parallax errors.

I did 20 shots of pano shot around me. First with the 28 pointed towards the sky, second at my eye level and third with the ground.
Now once you stitch all them.. you get a huge pano shot., you can take it to Photoshop and do Polar Coordinates and correct the sizing.
Now still, you will have a huge gap of where you were standing, for that., I take one more shot of the ground and then overlap it as a layer and fix the gap.
You can make it interesting by superimposing an image of yourself too.
Example shot below. (Shot with the AF lens., hence not embedding it)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7124612@N03/7947807514

Mar 23, 2014 at 01:41 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3683 #3 · p.3683 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

ramkumar999 wrote:

Thank you guys.. @Greg, PTGUI does an extremely good job of stitching if you have enough overlap between images and does not have parallax errors.

I did 20 shots of pano shot around me. First with the 28 pointed towards the sky, second at my eye level and third with the ground.
Now once you stitch all them.. you get a huge pano shot., you can take it to Photoshop and do Polar Coordinates and correct the sizing.
Now still, you will have a huge gap of where you were standing, for that., I take one more shot of the ground and
...Show more

Awesome! I have seen this effect for a while, always wanted to try it. Nicely done.

Mar 23, 2014 at 02:49 AM
Jorgen Udvang
• • • •
p.3683 #4 · p.3683 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mr. G wrote:
Actually much safer. The least crime is in Arizona where open carry is legal, think John Wayne.

Criminals think twice about committing a "Crime against persons" when said persons may be armed.

Gregg

That depends on who you compare yourself with:

Mar 23, 2014 at 02:54 AM
mp356
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3683 #5 · p.3683 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Curtis, really like the last image of the tree bark and yellow leaf.

John, nice series John. Great capture of your daughters. They even got the same ice cream flavors.

Jay, lovely flower with the 55 f1.2. Great colors and bokeh.

Ray, I like the state park stream. Nice water blur.

Ram, great effect with the 360 degree pano. Well seen and stitched together.

Thank you all for the comments and likes on the model railroad image.
Scott

Mar 23, 2014 at 02:57 AM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3683 #6 · p.3683 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I stumbled upon this for B&W localised PP work:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/bw_master_print.shtml
And have been messing around with Photoshop to see whether it's an improvement, a huge departure from my normal workflow of layers and masks
It's a good read hence me sharing it here
Tedious so far but it may be because I've had to unlearn some habits
Maybe someday I'd stump up the money for Joel Tjintjelaar's videos on ISGM

Mar 23, 2014 at 03:06 AM
rafaelcasd
• • •
p.3683 #7 · p.3683 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Samy, great tour of Baltimore. Like the lens as well.

Ram, I truly did not believe such a pano was even possible with a 28mm

Had to take the 55mm 1.2 SC with the new dress out for a spin, the lens that donated the better looking focusing ring cannot be used yet as it is non-ai. I started on an ai conversion by removing the bayonet mount Phillips screws, as usual I had to drill two out, I even bought new screwdrivers to no avail. The drilling is only partial, I drill the head just enough to get a tiny reamer on a reversed rotation drill bite enough to force the screw to rotate. I have enough parts lenses by now to source new screws.

Cleaned out the 'new' 55mm 1.2 SC aperture ring and mount. Lubed the aperture ring. Now it is easy to remove and replace the aperture ring all I need is the courage to file the ai cut into it. I can't test the lens, but it was untouched inside and it is clean so I am not worried. Will just look through it with the scope converter tomorrow, that is actually a good lens test.

This is what the 'old' 55mm 1.2 SC does with nik film effects at 1.2.
I am not a bokeh master as others here, I just like the different rendition.

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 SC D3 California Farm house by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Rust!

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 SC D3 Remains California settler harvester by Rafael CA, on Flickr

nikon nikkor 55mm 1.2 SC D3 Remains California settler wagon by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Just for kicks this is what the same subject looks like with the 28mm 3.5 PC and no Nik film effects. More informational, less interesting.

nikon nikkor 28mm 3.5 PC D800 California Farmhouse Tools by Rafael CA, on Flickr

Edited on Mar 23, 2014 at 04:11 AM · View previous versions

Mar 23, 2014 at 03:07 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3683 #8 · p.3683 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Jorgen Udvang wrote:
That depends on who you compare yourself with:

http://www.infertrust.org/AdvHTML_Upload/firearms%20death%20by%20country%20%20gun%20ownership%20bar%20graph%20April09.jpg

http://www.michele.me/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Brady_GodBlessAmerica-791x1024.jpg

And then by State here in the US - not sure AZ is the safest place to be, but alas we are totally off topic.

Totally Off-Topic

Mar 23, 2014 at 03:56 AM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.3683 #9 · p.3683 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Back on topic - a few more from last night . . .
400/5.6 ED AI or 135/2 AIS

214mm    f/8.0    1/180s    100 ISO  

NIKON D800    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    135mm    f/4.0    1/250s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

NIKON D800    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    400mm    f/8.0    1/125s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 23, 2014 at 03:59 AM
pburke
• • • •
p.3683 #10 · p.3683 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

First attempt at some water drop macros - been wanting to do this ever since I bought my new flash. This is all D600, Nikkor 105mm f/2.5 AI at f8 1/250s ISO 400, 20mm worth of tubes and one flash at low output setting behind a plexiglass sheet. Some cropping in some images. Need to work on a better basin (this is a 9x13 pyrex baking pan). Water was blue in the basin and red in the squeeze bottle, later thickened with some corn starch. 150 clicks for about 10 good images.

Mar 23, 2014 at 04:00 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
p.3683 #11 · p.3683 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Very sweet work Peter. Clearly you're having a good time... Thanks for sharing these. I love them.

Mar 23, 2014 at 05:02 AM
Socalpicman
• •
p.3683 #12 · p.3683 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Great photos everyone. Here is a few around the house with the 600 F4.0

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79900361@N02/13346028144/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79900361@N02/13345778873/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79900361@N02/13345779133/

Thanks for looking,
JD

Edited on Mar 23, 2014 at 06:32 AM · View previous versions

Mar 23, 2014 at 06:03 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.3683 #13 · p.3683 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
And then by State here in the US - not sure AZ is the safest place to be, but alas we are totally off topic.

Does it matter if the possible use of firearms, by gang members, that kill, escalate these figures? They do kill in many other methods, regardless of what country they are in, machete, string, cars, knives, goats. Its asinine to compare apples to oranges, as we all know oranges will definitely kill more folks, as the are highly loaded with high power vitamin C! End of topic, here, and no, band HANDS, as they are the leading cause of DEATHS, worldwide!

Mar 23, 2014 at 06:10 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3683 #14 · p.3683 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I just looked at the first one. Please fix the links. The first shot was great!!!

Socalpicman wrote:
Great photos everyone. Here is a few around the house with the 600 F4.0

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7073/13346028144_e3652194db_c.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2845/13345778873_ef1d4bf0d6_c.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7231/13345779133_437593b9d1_c.jpg

Thanks for looking,
JD

Mar 23, 2014 at 06:12 AM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3683 #15 · p.3683 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Goats ...... ........ Really

Mar 23, 2014 at 06:15 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.3683 #16 · p.3683 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

MDoc9523 wrote:
Goats ...... ........ Really

Possibly, I guess I may have jumped the gun on that one, but, it is all pointless anyhow. I like cheese, but, no matter how hard to try, I just can't convince my stomach, to feel otherwise, and therefore, we have a mutual agreement, I eat it, and my stomach disagrees with it immediately! I have been a firearm owner since age 21, and, I am nearly 38, and, I act extremely careful, but, that is me, and, nearly 3/4's of my family in Texas, including my grandma, before retiring to her home, at age 90+!
This is really just my nonsense, so, I should act like an adult, and mind my own affairs.

Mar 23, 2014 at 06:21 AM
a.RodriguezPix
• • • •
Account locked
p.3683 #17 · p.3683 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

a.RodriguezPix wrote:
Possibly, I guess I may have jumped the gun on that one, but, it is all pointless anyhow. I like cheese, but, no matter how hard to try, I just can't convince my stomach, to feel otherwise, and therefore, we have a mutual agreement, I eat it, and my stomach disagrees with it immediately! I have been a firearm owner since age 21, and, I am nearly 38, and, I act extremely careful, but, that is me, and, nearly 3/4's of my family in Texas, including my grandma, before retiring to her home, at age 90+!
This is
...Show more
I should have added, than a large amount of my family members have served, and currently serve, in the Unite States of America Military, and, I thank them, and all that serve to make my choices, my choice! Molon Labe!

Mar 23, 2014 at 06:23 AM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3683 #18 · p.3683 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

rafaelcasd wrote:
Had to take the 55mm 1.2 SC with the new dress out for a spin, the lens that donated the better looking focusing ring cannot be used yet as it is non-ai. I started on an ai conversion by removing the bayonet mount Phillips screws, as usual I had to drill two out, I even bought new screwdrivers to no avail. The drilling is only partial, I drill the head just enough to get a tiny reamer on a reversed rotation drill bite enough to force the screw to rotate. I have enough parts lenses by now to source new
...Show more

Rafael, I'm pretty sure most of the older NIkkors use JIS type screws. I had to buy a set off Amazon just to modify my TC (sold by a company dealing with motorcycle repairs ... probably the Japanese bikes). The regular Philips just didn't have enough traction/bite. They're really very similar but such a difference. I remember reading that if the screws were stubborn, to put the tip of a soldering iron for a short while, then try again.

http://www.instructables.com/id/When-a-Phillips-is-not-a-Phillips/step10/JIS-Japanese-Industrial-Standard/

Mar 23, 2014 at 08:34 AM
saph
• • • •
p.3683 #19 · p.3683 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Finally time to sit through several pages at a time and enjoy the pictures and the posts!

Georg, thanks for the input on the possible reasons for the muted blacks. I need to also think through if I had lighting conditions correct. I could mail the film for development, but want to support the local shop too as far as I can.

Andy, the scenes at Barron River Gorge and the rusted automobiles are marvelous!!

Ken, looks from the angle of that first photo that you had were prone on the pavement after the miles long photo safari with Ray and Jay What worries me more is your shot taken on the train track, seemingly from the same position, with a train visible in the not too far distance Super capture of the 9mm casing flying off.

James, welcome back, I don't believe you have visited for a while! Good memory of the "brick" Motorola. And great spotlight on the pawn out on its own on the chess board.

J-photo, welcome. Not sure if anyone else posted this link, but if not, here's a site that has excruciating detail on Nikkor lenses, going all the way back to the late 1940s, the first 5cm f2 designed for the S-mount.

http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/lenses.html

Ram, the orchid is beautiful, hope you find a 55 1.2 soon. Have you been checking KEH?

Buddy, sweet orchid with the 55mm lens!

Jay, loved that peek at the stream through branches. And marvelous shot of that colorful delicate flower amongst the greenery.

Laura, kudos to your work towards a nursing career and best of luck for getting into the fast track!

Ray, terrific images of the performers at Disney, especially the last one of Billy Ocean! And loved the wooden bridge image from your FUJI outing. And oh boy, what an outstanding BIF with the 135 f2. That lens has fit right into your style.

Jose, what a wonderful scene captured with the double rainbow. I like the bright building in the front contrasted with the greenery in the background. And your superb skill evident again in the grasshopper image.

I still like Curtis' repost of the Ray and Reagan pic

Curtis, great job capturing the smile on the teenager. Normally I get a picture of a palm

Ron, cool Nikon graffiti on the inscription Good demo of what the Df can do at high ISO.

Chuong, congrats on the new job! Cool to see that the MF craze can be used as an interview response

Kevin, interesting to hear about the back focusing. Hope that the shim resolves the issue.

Georg, great portrait of that monkey with your new 400 3.5! Quite an acute angled triangular face, very interesting. And just delightful image of the froggy piggy back ride!!! Nothing offensive at all.

Andy, superb Melbourne black and whites!

David, wonderful sunset in Western Australia. Makes me think of the ongoing search for MH370, perhaps way out in the ocean in that direction.

Laura, indeed glad to have some female participation in this thread from you and Nancy

Paul, Monty has a flicker site. I have occasionally commented on his photos. His style is still the same we remember from here, something got into him and he went over the dark (AF) side

Curtis, very belated but still happy birthday wish for Sue. And wonderful peaceful way to spend the birthday - taking that walk.

Gregg, missed your story of the D7000 getting crushed by the power seat. Quite amazing sculptures of the cops on the bikes. And great job capturing the sculptures.

Scott, I always enjoy the images you capture of that hobby train scenes at your friend's place. At the Civil War musuem in baltimore, when I came across the model train, I thought of those pics

John, outstanding image of the small ferry under the grand and colorul sunset! Great image of the twins enjoying a reward after hard days work at the school!

Rafael, your minty lineups of Nikkors are always a treat! And quite a striking lineup of the home defense equipment

Mihai, always good to hear from you. Patiently waiting for more scenes from Romania.

Reagan, looks like a lot of fun for Bonnie at Cox's Grocery

Ken, great tip on Hoppes #9 for cleaning lens exteriors. Will need to google soon as I am done with these comments And will keep in mind your mention of not using too much Seems like the San Jose Mercury News photographer took care of the 180 that you now have.

Rafael, enjoying your photos of the shooting in the mountains. Looks like the Catalunyan guy will go back home very happy. Must have been as much thrill as watching his city's soccer team.

Rafael, I also use a black ink to touch up blemishes, but you are right, doesn't work when the wear is bad.

Bert, cool memorial to James Dean in front of the Hollywood hills. And quite a home in the next pic.

Mihai and Ken, interesting discussion on the Soviet times. A bonus of checking out the Civil War trail in downtown Baltimore was the Katyn memorial a couple blocks from there. Will try to develop those images later today and post.

Peter (Madison), outstanding and very pleasing water droplet macros!!!!

Goats?? Must be more posts I am missing.

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM
the solitaire
• • •
p.3683 #20 · p.3683 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Last night I decided to hike through the city of Kalkar with my D300, 55mm f1,2 and a tripod.

Another lens in th ebag was my 14-24 f2,8 AF-S. That's no MF lens so link only

Kalkar as seen through a Wide Angle AF lens

And a photograph taken earlier that day using the 105 f2,5 P.C @ f2,8

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password