Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3630      
       3632              4424       4425       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

asiostygius
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3631 #1 · p.3631 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks everyone for the kind comments on the cicada.

Ronny, as usual stunning close ups, this time with a wide angle wide open!!!

Steve, great framing on the Mariners Canal;

Philippe, loved the Bir-Hakeim bridge, specially the second take; is it a homage to the battle of WWWII?

Andy, simply stunning detail with the 28/2.8 reversed!!

Another experiment with the "poor man" 200mm Micro-Nikkor:

Lichens with the "poor man" Micro-Nikkor 200mm by labecoaves, on Flickr

D7100 + TC201 + Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 ais (=210mm f/5.6) + tripod; ISO 1250, f/11 at 1/200s, ~30% cropped.

Mar 06, 2014 at 01:54 AM
MDoc9523
• • • • •
p.3631 #2 · p.3631 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

A couple more using the 135mm F2 AIS from Downtown Disney

Mar 06, 2014 at 02:42 AM
mp356
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3631 #3 · p.3631 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I think this long cold winter is starting to wear thin.

What is that strange light trying to peak around the side of this old silo? That teasingly pale yellow color is something foreign but certainly welcome. Come on out and let us feel your warmth.

Thanks for looking,
Scott

Mar 06, 2014 at 02:56 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3631 #4 · p.3631 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

mp356 wrote:
I think this long cold winter is starting to wear thin.

What is that strange light trying to peak around the side of this old silo? That teasingly pale yellow color is something foreign but certainly welcome. Come on out and let us feel your warmth.

Thanks for looking,
Scott

Nice one Scott. I rarely can get images as sharp.

Mar 06, 2014 at 04:59 AM
dhamments
• •
p.3631 #5 · p.3631 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

cadman342001 wrote:
David - welcome ! I buy nearly all my used lenses from either HK, the US or Japan. Seem to get some really nice condition ones from Japan. My 2 AF lenses and 135mm were bought on the B&S here from guys in the States, shipped with USPS no problems. 180 was also from the US but off ebay. The 28/55/105 micro were ebay from Japan.
I did however buy my D800E used off ebay from a guy in Mackay.
As I'm in Cairns there is no option of used camera stores and I've never had anything go missing in the post
...Show more

Thanks for the info Andy! In the past six or seven years I also have purchased most of my new camera gear online from HK with no problems. Even had a Tamron lens serviced by the HK dealer quickly and properly... I looks like I'll have to add to my manual focus lens collection by buying elsewhere as I don't see many for sale on Oz E-Bay or on Gumtree. It's nice to know you've had no postal issues when ordering from overseas....

Cheers and good light!
David

Mar 06, 2014 at 05:46 AM
dhamments
• •
p.3631 #6 · p.3631 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Here is a good guide for posting Flickr images onto forums.

Guide to post images from Flicker on a forum

BTW, this link talks about how to get the proper coding with the new Beta experience as well.

Thanks for the link Kevin.... very helpful!!

Cheers and good light,
David

Mar 06, 2014 at 05:48 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3631 #7 · p.3631 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

You're welcome.

Here is a good guide for posting Flickr images onto forums.

Guide to post images from Flicker on a forum

BTW, this link talks about how to get the proper coding with the new Beta experience as well.

Thanks for the link Kevin.... very helpful!!

Cheers and good light,
David

Mar 06, 2014 at 05:52 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3631 #8 · p.3631 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Btw David, I like your abstracts in Flickr.

Mar 06, 2014 at 05:53 AM
cadman342001
• • • •
p.3631 #9 · p.3631 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

And another macro with the PN-11 and 28/2.8 reversed, 14 image stack in PS6.

These "eggs" were approx 1-2mm in diameter. Not sure what they are but researching now (I know an entomologist).

I didn't notice that 1 egg remained unhatched - reminds me of the scene in Alien when they find the eggs on the deserted planet.

Egg Stack 14-Edit-Edit-2 by cadman342001, on Flickr

Andy

Mar 06, 2014 at 07:09 AM
the solitaire
• • •
p.3631 #10 · p.3631 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

And another nice addition to the Nikon MF kit. I just bought a set of PK 11, PK 12 and PK 13 tubes. Already owned the PK 13 and PN 11 so this should make for a pretty nice set of Nikon tubes, all together for less then $150. I love buying at the right moment.

Pictures will follow as soon as the goods arrive of course. I wonder how the 55 mm micro Nikkor and 105 will do, but I mainly bought the PK 12 as close up option for the 55 f1,2

Mar 06, 2014 at 09:02 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

georgms
• • • •
p.3631 #11 · p.3631 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Andy, the stacked eggs are looking very cool. Somehow science-fiction-like - amazing what strange creatures mother nature is offering us photographers ;-) Beautiful portrait of your daughter!

Ray, the leaves are wonderful in that shallow DoF. And the heavy-metal-guitarist is very cool - a fantastic subject.

Scott, I like the muted tones and your framing of the old silo a lot. One thing that look's a bit strange to my eyes is the almost too perfect straightened silo. For free-standing tall subjects like a church or a crane I back up the correction a bit to make it look more natural. For subjects in a row (with lots of reference points/lines - like a street-scene) a perfect correction looks best in most cases in my opinion. No offense meant, as usual.

Jose, the "poor man's 200mm Micro" works great in your hands.

Jay, your waterfall-shots are great.

Ken, had to look up your "Hudson Hornet". Beautiful car and now I know what's up with the red thingies ;-) Nice shot, just like the "Selfie"-image and the man below the rotating carousel.

Chin, almost spooky detail from the old houses.

Buddy, congrats to your set of extension-tubes!

Mar 06, 2014 at 10:30 AM
dhamments
• •
p.3631 #12 · p.3631 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

kwoodard wrote:
Btw David, I like your abstracts in Flickr.

Thanks for taking a look Kevin! I appreciate it....

Here are a few more recent captures with my new found obsession (manual focus glass)..

Cheers and good light,
David

Blackwood River

NIKON D700    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    28mm    f/2.8    1/60s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

DOF Test

NIKON D700    0.0 mm f/0.0 lens    50mm    f/1.4    1/100s    200 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 06, 2014 at 10:48 AM
the solitaire
• • •
p.3631 #13 · p.3631 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Now some catching up,

Chin, I like that peek between the buildings photo. Really nice texture and color.

Jay, that waterfall is beautiful. Well captured too. I like the rich colors in the photograph.

Jose, thnx I'm infected for quite while but life kept me from following up on the passion of rendering my own reality through manual glass

Ken, thnx for the kind words. Here is another dog shot from that day. I processed it to give it a look resembling Kodak Portra film which I really liked back in the day

Taken with the 55mm f1,2 @ f2

That Hudson engine bay looks like a work of art. Well captured. A bit of a shame there was no room to take pictures of the car holding that engine. I really like these classics

Andy, that's a very nice portrait. Mind to share the light setup you used for this?

Scott, amazing sharpness and clarity on that silo shot. Excellent composition too. I like snow because it can remove distraction from great shots like these.

Georg, I'm sure those tubes will be a lot of fun. I have been on th elookout for a PK-12 or PK-11 for quite a while because it will let me focus the 55 f1,2 S.C just a bit closer and with the sharpness that lens offers at f2 I think it will provide some interesting photographic opportunities

Mar 06, 2014 at 11:30 AM
pbraymond
• • •
p.3631 #14 · p.3631 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Super capture of the sun behind the silo Scott.

Andy, the egg macro is tremendous! That's the kind of subject that would make me want to pull out the macro lens! I like flowers, but I've done so much of them that I struggle to say something new with them and don't try that often anymore. That'll probably change this spring (if nothing else I want to shoot something!) but your shot is first class.

Mar 06, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Fons Baerken

p.3631 #15 · p.3631 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

d800 ai 25-50mm f/4

Mar 06, 2014 at 12:17 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3631 #16 · p.3631 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

David, nice airy shots - are those done at or near sunset? The light is so warm and soft…

Buddy, is this some kind of agility-training with your dog? Nice shot!

Fons, your country looks like mine today. Sunny, but almost no signs of fresh green. But your B&W looks fresh and airy.

Mar 06, 2014 at 12:37 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3631 #17 · p.3631 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Tried the 40 years old Nikkor SC-Auto 50/1.4 with the PK-11A (inspired by Buddy's post).
Neighbors garden looks pretty bald But I've found some signs of the upcoming spring:

signs of spring von georgsfoto auf Flickr
Nikkor SC-Auto 50/1.4 wide open, PK-11A, D700, cropped a wee bit

another one, this time without extension tube:

it's still a long way till spring von georgsfoto auf Flickr
Nikkor SC-Auto 50/1.4 wide open, D700, cropped a bit, pumped up the contrast a bit

Mar 06, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Zichar
• • • •
p.3631 #18 · p.3631 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Tsk Ray, what's this I read about you shooting with an AF lens?

Wow Georg, that lens just obliterates the background

Mar 06, 2014 at 01:01 PM
HCE HCE
• • •
p.3631 #19 · p.3631 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Ken Love those night carnival shots with the punchy color and blurs. Excellent!

Leighton Thanks for your help in getting my image posting started, I'd still just be lurking if it weren't for you.

Steve Very nice new building shots. That Taj Mahal shot is especially good but I think the real Taj is more majestic.

Phillippe I wish we had bridges like that, beautiful work.

Ronny Excellent macros with great color and detail.

Andy Great portrait and excellent micro work.

Jose The close up work is 1st class. I've thought about getting a dedicated close-up lens but I'm sure I wouldn't get such great results.

Ray Great shots with the new 135mm. Hope your camera gets back soon!

Scott The gray and yellow tones are beautiful, but cold. I just put another log on the fire.

David The banks along the Blackwood River looks pretty colorful.

Buddy I'm glad I'm not walking your dog, I'd wind up flat on my face!

Fons Lovely B&W with interesting toning.

Georg Hope spring arrives soon. That last shot makes the flower look so vulnerable, good shot.

-Jay-

Mar 06, 2014 at 01:25 PM
Ken Hill
• • •
p.3631 #20 · p.3631 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Some great last few pages of photos as well as comments with Flikr. Late last night I put some shots taken at a Radio Controlled "Air Show" put on by the Florida Jets and attended by pilots across the globe. The largest of planes are maybe 10ft (3m) in length, some are models of real aircraft others their own design.

A few comments:
Jay - Thanks ... The blur shots required a welders helmet to keep from seeing spots!!
Jay - Thanks I appreciate the comments.
Ronny - Macro shots are colorful and I had to look twice with the butterfly to believe what I was seeing!
Andy - Very nice portrait. The 100% crop of the eye is amazing. The eggs are alien like
Jose - The 200 is indeed worthy of praise when you use it.
Ray - The bike tank and a guitar made from a shovel and some rebar was something I walked by. You have a good eye.
Scott - Hang in there buddy ... when it's a 100 or more for days on end it wears thin here too! Nice silo!
David - Good capture with the river bank. I found myself checking for gators like I do with our river banks here!
Fons - Nice framing and I'm guessing the 25-50 was at the wide end. What a great lens!

The shots are of model airplanes all taken with the 100-300 I purchased last year at the camera exchange. It's another $100 lens, incredibly sharp and a snap to focus at 300mm, 100mm or the macro.
The sky was overcast and there is rain in the forecast today so I'll PP some of what I took yesterday. The only bad part about yesterday was the "Italian sausage' sandwich from a vendor ...

© Ken Hill 2014

Maintenance - Team from Brasil (100mm)

NIKON D700    300mm    f/16.0    1/250s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

© Ken Hill 2014

USMC F4J "Phantom" on final! (300mm) with framing crop

NIKON D700    300mm    f/16.0    1/500s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

© Ken Hill 2014

A couple of pilots with the macro end of the lens! (100% crop)

NIKON D700    300mm    f/5.6    1/100s    800 ISO    0.0 EV  

Mar 06, 2014 at 02:34 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password