Home · Register · Search · View Winners · Software · Hosting · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username   Password

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              3563      
       3565              3805       3806       end

Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3564 #1 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:
I feel better now back to FF just bought a D700 ON the B/S board
Anyone looking for a D7100 with about 500 clicks

Reagan

Someone say 1.2 again

Reagan, you're a never ending source of delight.

Since we met in Florida many moons ago, I feel I have an appreciation for who you are. You are the poster boy for my old saw "kit building is forever." You sell, you buy, you sell, you buy... usually the same piece of gear. Now back with what is surely one of the best cameras for MF shooting and ONCE AGAIN looking for an f/1.2 lens. You're work last time around with the 50 f/1.2 AI-s was superb. How it made sense to you to sell that lens and move to an DX camera definitely made me shake my head. I'd like to believe you've come to your senses, but I know full well that this is simply the latest chapter in a saga that will surely go on forever. The GREAT thing is that you continue to share your adventure with all of us. I promise, the next time I'm in Florida we're going to get together at the beer joint in Delray Beach and hoist a few more. Maybe Ray will want to join us again...

Feb 10, 2014 at 02:07 AM
Reagan
• • • •
p.3564 #2 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Glad I could please you this is the 4th D700 I have owned and the only camera I have missed
I do still have my original 105 2.5 and will never sell it. bought it from Ferdi a long time ago
Now if someone could contribute or sell me a CF card I might be in business again
Supposed to meet Ray and Ken at a camera show in Orlando on the 23rd
THEY JUST HAD TO PICK THE SAME DAY AS THE DAYTONA 500
but I want to fondle their fast lens
Fast women, fast cars and fast lens what a joy

Reagan

Feb 10, 2014 at 02:20 AM
Foggy14
• • •
p.3564 #3 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Hi gang. After a bit of a hiatus, I got out today to do a little shooting.

The images are from the Balboa Park Carousel, which is 104 years old. The large animals are original and were hand-carved in Europe. There are four small horses that were added later. The ride was built in North Tonawanda, New York. It's been in it's current location since 1922 and is one of the few carousels in operation that still offers the brass ring game.

Cheers!
Jeff

Carousel Horses Nikon D800 Nikkor 105mm 2.5 ais 1/320s f2.5 ISO 200

Carousel Dogs Nikon Nikkor 105mm 2.5 ais 1/80s f2.5 ISO 200

Carousel Giraffe Nikon D800 Nikkor 105mm 2.5 ais 1/60s f2.5 ISO 200

Brass Ring Nikon D800 Nikkor 50mm 1.2 ais 1/800 f1.2 ISO 200

Feb 10, 2014 at 03:31 AM
Mr. G
• • •
p.3564 #4 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan wrote:
Glad I could please you this is the 4th D700 I have owned and the only camera I have missed
I do still have my original 105 2.5 and will never sell it. bought it from Ferdi a long time ago
Now if someone could contribute or sell me a CF card I might be in business again

Reagan

Reagan,

I have an 2GB 80x CF card you are welcome to. PM me your address and I will send it to you.

Gregg

Feb 10, 2014 at 03:40 AM
Mr. G
• • •
p.3564 #5 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I've been spending too much time on this thread ..... and eBay. I'm up to 5 MF Nikkors now and a month ago I had none.

I won a 105 f2.5 AI-s and a 50 f1.4 AI-s in the last few days on eBay to add to my 28 f2, 35 f2.8 and 200 f4 Micro.

All my AF Nikkors are feeling unloved......

Feb 10, 2014 at 03:47 AM
kwoodard
• • • •
p.3564 #6 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Foggy14 wrote:
Hi gang. After a bit of a hiatus, I got out today to do a little shooting.

The images are from the Balboa Park Carousel, which is 104 years old. The large animals are original and were hand-carved in Europe. There are four small horses that were added later. The ride was built in North Tonawanda, New York. It's been in it's current location since 1922 and is one of the few carousels in operation that still offers the brass ring game.

Cheers!
Jeff

This carousel was also used in the TV show, Mob City. Great shots!

Feb 10, 2014 at 04:03 AM
Foggy14
• • •
p.3564 #7 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Thanks Kevin! I didn't know about Mob City. I'll check it out.

Feb 10, 2014 at 05:13 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3564 #8 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

CGrindahl wrote:
Reagan, you're a never ending source of delight.

Since we met in Florida many moons ago, I feel I have an appreciation for who you are. You are the poster boy for my old saw "kit building is forever." You sell, you buy, you sell, you buy... usually the same piece of gear. Now back with what is surely one of the best cameras for MF shooting and ONCE AGAIN looking for an f/1.2 lens. You're work last time around with the 50 f/1.2 AI-s was superb. How it made sense to you to sell that lens and move to
...Show more

So why hasn't he sold the wife yet

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:36 AM
leighton w
• • • • •
p.3564 #9 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Mr. G wrote:
I've been spending too much time on this thread ..... and eBay. I'm up to 5 MF Nikkors now and a month ago I had none.

I won a 105 f2.5 AI-s and a 50 f1.4 AI-s in the last few days on eBay to add to my 28 f2, 35 f2.8 and 200 f4 Micro.

All my AF Nikkors are feeling unloved......

Don't worry about it Gregg...happens to the best of us!

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Cadaver
• •
p.3564 #10 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

jhinkey wrote:
One more from this past weekend. Not a re-work of a pano I've already shown, but a final processing of a troublesome pano that had some problems. CS5 would not do it, but PTGui Pro would with some hand holding.

Taking Mark's welcomed advice, I did not go as wide as I could, but instead pared it down from being too wide, put the boat in the middle and tried to do a rule of thirds in the vertical direction.

I like it! What do you think?

Man I need to get my wide format printer fired up and mount some of these
...Show more

outstanding!

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:39 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

leighton w
• • • • •
p.3564 #11 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Love the last one Jeff.

Feb 10, 2014 at 11:39 AM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3564 #12 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

I know, Curtis, that's why I said it was my weapon since you wouldn't want to have the 4F temp we have this morning.. with wind chills taking it lower. Of course, I don't envy California's water issues either, you'd think they'd have those aqueducts covered to keep evaporation down.

Currently engaged with Microbiology and having trouble with it.

Curtis, that bag needs to make it to your car and see what you can find in the rain to shoot.

CGrindahl wrote:
Having spent the first 27 years of my life in Minnesota Laura I have a bit of experience with snow and I don't like it! Of course, it is raining at the moment in my neck of the woods. We've had close to 12 inches of rain in the last three days. It is sorely needed, so I have no complaint. But, Kevin, the camera bag will remain inside until we get a break. I imagine folks in Roseville are as happy about the snow falling in the Sierra Nevada mountains as we are with the rain. Drought is not
...Show more

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:10 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3564 #13 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lotsa love for MF- and AF-Nikkor's here ;-) My rate of keepers when shootings sports with a MF-Nikkor is way too low to skip the AF-lenses.
Even with much more practice I don't think it's possible to shoot most teamsports efficiently with MF-lenses only.
So when stuff like this get's used, I'll grab an AF-lens:

yesterday evening - Ai 50/1.8 wide open with a close-up-lens No.0 that happened to be on the lens

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:11 PM
NightOwl Cat
• • • • •
p.3564 #14 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

AGAIN

Reagan wrote:
I feel better now back to FF just bought a D700 ON the B/S board
Anyone looking for a D7100 with about 700 clicks

Reagan

Someone say 1.2 again

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:11 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3564 #15 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Laura, nice Airshow-shots! I like the last one the best.

Jeff, I like your Carousel-shots a lot. We have a similar carousel here at the typical fairs (Eastern, Pentecost, Christmas). Great to see how such old stuff can make children happy in a world full of computer-games.

Andy, nice set from your vacation! I like especially the shot of your "stamping wife" (pardon, I hope that's proper English) and the last view.

Peter, really cool building - what kind of oven is it? Nice shots, I like the view of the 1st image.

Ramkumar, welcome to this thread! The Cormorant is nicely captured. And the $25 for the 36-72/3.5 seem to be a good investment too ;-)

Samy, very nice interior-shots from St. Alphonsus! Restoring old buildings is a huge theme over here; I'm sure a lot of the damages shown on your images could be repaired, it's just a matter of money and time.

Thanks for the comments on the Naval vessel and my excessive use of PC-lenses and Silver Efex ;-)

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:47 PM
lsds
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3564 #16 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Some images from last night's Skyliner visit..
shot with the 28e @2.8 wide open hand held.

The royal palace

sorry again for the poor quality..hope i can have LR back soon..

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:51 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3564 #17 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Reagan, congrats to your "new" D700! I remember some of your shots with the 50/1.2 (vintage cannons, for instance) and can understand your urge to get f/1.2 back ;-)

Feb 10, 2014 at 12:52 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3564 #18 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

Lsds, nice night-shots! My favorites are the images from the Royal palace for the framing!

Feb 10, 2014 at 01:00 PM
lsds
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3564 #19 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:
Lsds, nice night-shots! My favorites are the images from the Royal palace for the framing!

Thanks George...tried a pano online but was bad and the lack of any PP tools at my end killed it..still shall post it for you..hope you like it..

Feb 10, 2014 at 01:29 PM
georgms
• • • •
p.3564 #20 · Manual Focus Nikon Glass

georgms wrote:

lsds wrote:
Thanks George...tried a pano online but was bad and the lack of any PP tools at my end killed it..still shall post it for you..hope you like it..
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5547/12434614854_d69733dfdd_c.jpg

Yes, I like it. Stitching panos is still a miracle for me - sometimes it works flawless and easy, sometimes I have to set up tons of control-points to make it work...

Feb 10, 2014 at 01:51 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Retrive password